The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Since I haven't seen it posted here yet, this is what Gina posted on her Instagram. Someone talking about how the Nazi's so completely othered the Jews that their own neighbors, not political apparatchiks tormented them long before the soldiers came, before the Holocaust proper had began. Never did see compare the Republicans by name to Jews, etc. This could have been about the Red Scare in the 1950s and been worded in the same way. Fuck Disney in their kowtowing to the Marxist Outrage Mob.

Note: It makes no difference who you are. They are calling for Tucker Carlson to be taken off the air as well. If you say something they don't want to hear, they want you removed. If you say something that makes them *feel* uncomfortable, or think hard thoughts, or runs the risk of making them think difficult thoughts. "I don't have a #hashtag or a catchphrase for this!!! DANGEROUS!!!" Safetyism my ass.

View attachment 334269

Her tweet is accurate and literally exactly what the media is doing to half of us. Insane. We are so fucked.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 9 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
EmRNZE1WMAEueKX.jpg
so we're back to having hosts that just check off diversity / woman / hot

with no talent and no knowledge on the material

tenor.gif

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to miss watching gina carano waddle her steel banded corset through the next season of mando

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
oh, i know the reason

she got cancelled b/c the dems are too dumb to solve a simple word puzzle

cb6fa385f6d14d1bbe4876893ea6c50c.png

5b9228938d8d5445432dec7b8680895e.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm torn on this. I think she should be able to say anything she wants as long as it doesn't incite violence. We're getting dangerously close to thought police. But then my social media is almost completely silent when it comes to politics

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you are a professional *anything* rule one is to not engage in social media with anything that could even remotely be considered political or controversial. Anyone who works in corporate America has gotten the 'social media' talk at least a half dozen times by now, possibly involving actual training sessions.

Believe whatever you want but if your career involves bathing in the public spotlight then do so with your mouth shut.

Yep, just look at all those leftist celebrities and democrats getting fired left and right every time they call someone on the right a Nazi or fascist, oh wait...

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The Mandalorian has an opening for a solidly-built woman that runs her mouth and doesn't know how to listen to reason?

This is your chance, Vanessa Vanessa

• 6Worf
  • 1Barf

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm torn on this. I think she should be able to say anything she wants as long as it doesn't incite violence. We're getting dangerously close to thought police. But then my social media is almost completely silent when it comes to politics

I'm about as far from a Hollywood insider as you can get but I still know you don't spout out about the Holocaust if you want to keep a busy acting schedule.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I liked the Cara Dune character, and Gina was nice to look at even if going on the larger size.

That said her absence will have no impact whatsoever on the quality of the show, if it succeeds or fails it won't be because Cara Dune isn't in it. I still have faith in Favreau and Filoni to produce quality Star Wars content.

They have plenty of side characters to use in the show so far if they want. Greef Karga(Carl Weathers), Boba Fett, Bo Katan and the other Mandalorians, Fennec Shand(Ming-Na Wen), Migs Mayfield(Bill Burr), Cobb Vanth(Timothy Olyphant) and Ashoka...and the ability to create new ones.

I don't know what went through her head posting something like this, she knew this would likely get fired...whether it should or not is not something I want to get into. The bottom line is she knew there would be consequences and did it anyways, so she's either dumb or didn't care.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Whether it should have led to her getting fired or not is something people will disagree on, but surely not the fact of how it would be received. I doubt any studio will have much of a sense of humor about mask trutherism shit in general given how much the industry has been impacted by covid and the shutdowns. She surely knew that. Add the super tastful and definitely accurate holocaust comparison and it seems more like a back and forth that we're only seeing part of.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
This isn't simply a left vs right thing. Humanity is simply too stupid to deal with social media, full stop.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Yep, just look at all those leftist celebrities and democrats getting fired REHIRED left and right every time they call someone on the right a Nazi or fascist, oh wait...

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

How can you be "torn" on this?

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
If you are a professional *anything* rule one is to not engage in social media with anything that could even remotely be considered political or controversial. Anyone who works in corporate America has gotten the 'social media' talk at least a half dozen times by now, possibly involving actual training sessions.

Believe whatever you want but if your career involves bathing in the public spotlight then do so with your mouth shut.
This is all fine and dandy, but if you're on the other side of the equation, your career actually benefits from it.

A lot of you in here defending this are fucking corny as fuck. Keep watching your infantile Star Wars, you nerds.

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Whether it should have led to her getting fired or not is something people will disagree on, but surely not the fact of how it would be received. I doubt any studio will have much of a sense of humor about mask trutherism shit in general given how much the industry has been impacted by covid and the shutdowns. She surely knew that. Add the super tastful and definitely accurate holocaust comparison and it seems more like a back and forth that we're only seeing part of.
This would only be valid if they also cancelled the leftist nutjob celebrities who won't shut the fuck up on social media, which they do not.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It needs to be codified into law that social media posts on personal accounts cannot be used as justification to fire people.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
This is all fine and dandy, but if you're on the other side of the equation, your career actually benefits from it.

Until the pendulum swings the other way. Then someone will dig up a 5 year old post where you were bullying an anti-masker and your career is over now.

• 1Like

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
It needs to be codified into law that social media posts on personal accounts cannot be used as justification to fire people.

I'm not defending Disney, but it's not a personal account when your profile picture is literally you dressed in your company-provided work outfit and your employer owns the picture.

• 2Like