The Mandalorian

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
If she wasn't talking about the masks (or rather the larger mask debate), she has a weird way of showing it given the context of her social media posts that followed and her previous comments. If she wasn't, she could clear that right up though, idk. It doesn't matter, except in that I find that to be a gross thing to do. Disney apparently thought she was. Which is the real issue here, Disney doesn't owe her a spinoff, and she didn't want to tow the company line. I love a good fuck you to "the man" but you can't be a rebel AND a whiner.

Link the context. No, Disney didn't. Please show me where their statement said that.

For fuck sake you are literally making shit up. This isn't about disney, its about you just sitting here making shit up to justify your position.
s.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
If she wasn't talking about the masks (or rather the larger mask debate), she has a weird way of showing it given the context of her social media posts that followed and her previous comments. If she wasn't, she could clear that right up though, idk. It doesn't matter, except in that I find that to be a gross thing to do. Disney apparently thought she was. Which is the real issue here, Disney doesn't owe her a spinoff, and she didn't want to tow the company line. I love a good fuck you to "the man" but you can't be a rebel AND a whiner.

this is pure fantasy

chaos chaos is literally trying to force his fantasy to become reality by imagining what happened

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
It's been clear that the Left has had her in their sights ever since the election cycle was in its infancy and she was continually posting "right wing" thought crimes, and worse, increasingly unrepentant for doing so. Anybody who thinks Disney hasn't had multiple internal meetings for months looking for a way to torch her, and haven't had an army of people putting her under a microscope looking for a reason to spin to do so, is fooling themselves. There's no room for an open Conservative to be a recognizable face in Hollywood, let alone a main character in a blockbuster on an upward trajectory. She needed to be dumpstered with the 5 other conservative actors now permanently out of work, like James Woods. If she didn't get canned for this nonsense, it would be something down the line or some spliced necro-spin of old posts. Kill her off now before she becomes to entrenched and loved as part of the series itself.
The holocaust comparison stuff is totally benign, if not entirely intellectually lazy and cliché at this point. The Left is free to make all the tired DIRECT holocaust comparisons they like, no matter how actually gross and farfetched, but the Right cannot of course. It's just one more item in the hundred long list of hypocrisies and double standards. If it wasn't a Holocaust repost that got her canned, it would have been trans rights, BLM, or whatever other nonsense gets you excommunicated today.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Link the context. No, Disney didn't. Please show me where their statement said that.

For fuck sake you are literally making shit up. This isn't about disney, its about you just sitting here making shit up to justify your position.
Justify my position? bro, I read some article where they cited her two social media posts, some older social media posts, and Disney's statements. "My position" is that I don't think she should be fired but you're being a bunch of whiners.

• 2Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
season 3 opening crawl

ca8821ae-1783-4c4f-99kwkqp.png

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Justify my position? bro, I read some article where they cited her two social media posts, some older social media posts, and Disney's statements. "My position" is that I don't think she should be fired but you're being a bunch of whiners.

What you're saying happened, did not happen. You said it was gross she compared to people enforcing masks to Nazis. Link all the context you want, go wild, show me where you got that idea from. Because its not in the controversial post--and the post after it was just laughing about people wearing 12 masks. She didn't post anything else. Disney didn't even bring up the mask thing....here is Disney's statement.

A Lucasfilm spokesperson told the press Carano is “not currently employed” by the Disney-owned studio and there were “no plans for her to be in the future.”

The spokesperson then added Carano’s posts “denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.”

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I love how people are still riding with the, "Free speech only extends so far, businesses can hire and do as they please"...

Yeah, no shit Sherlock's.

Keep pretending like "free speech" will even remotely be around any longer. Stop pretending to value those ideals.

Not to mention, what she said, while maybe lazy, should never be a fireable offense. At no point was she condoning any sort of violence on others. God forbid, she speaks out about something that involves the 👃 and all the sudden they come for her.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It seems like a severe overreaction, as none of her social media postings were in any way termination-worthy individually, but we don't know if she was previously warned to stop posting political comments by her employer.

That said, employment is generally at-will and companies are going to do whatever it takes to protect their brand. Somewhat ironically, if she's a SAG member she may have some kind of recourse via her union.

But yeah, chaos's point is:
1613067572136.png

• 2Picard

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I love how people are still riding with the, "Free speech only extends so far, businesses can hire and do as they please"...

Yeah, no shit Sherlock's.

Keep pretending like "free speech" will even remotely be around any longer. Stop pretending to value those ideals.

Not to mention, what she said, while maybe lazy, should never be a fireable offense. At no point was she condoning any sort of violence on others. God forbid, she speaks out about something that involves the 👃 and all the sudden they come for her.

1613068376555.png

A Conservative, not willfully misinterpreting her. Incidentally he happens to be Jewish.

Not that it matters, you don't need to be Jewish to reconcile that she was implicating the Liberals as using a tactic that the Third Riech used, the Liberals responded by firing her, proving her honest.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
What you're saying happened, did not happen. You said it was gross she compared to people enforcing masks to Nazis. Link all the context you want, go wild, show me where you got that idea from. Because its not in the controversial post--and the post after it was just laughing about people wearing 12 masks. She didn't post anything else. Disney didn't even bring up the mask thing....here is Disney's statement.

A Lucasfilm spokesperson told the press Carano is “not currently employed” by the Disney-owned studio and there were “no plans for her to be in the future.”

The spokesperson then added Carano’s posts “denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.”
I'm not saying anything happened, I'm literally regurgitating news sites at you. I did pose a "We can suppose..." about her previous comments and her removing those indicating that Disney had previously pressured her to do that, in which she would be clear of what Disney expected from her I am sure. This whole "cancel Gina" bit has been going on for a while so it's pretty absurd to think that they never had a conversation about it and she just wasn't aware of Disney's expectations. But sure, that is an unknown.As is her mental state. She makes two posts, separated by moments, one referencing Nazis and one referencing mask shit. Even if not taken together, it's gross, all of it. We're pretty immune to it at this point because everyone is just like this all the time, but it's terrible.

Mist pretty much summed up "my position". Everyone wants to be a gangster till they see them consequences. Or maybe she's fine with it, in which case good for her.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Picard

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
If they dont fire Pedro, she should sue for wrongful termination, make bank, and retire those things to Tahiti

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
  • 3Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
this is pure fantasy

chaos chaos is literally trying to force his fantasy to become reality by imagining what happened
I have been saying for years he is a lefty, probably one of the last treu left of center people remaining. But he is going to form ranks. Its why he still won't admit (really and specifically) he was wrong about the IOOTI thing, calls Manessa "she", is rapidly anti-christian atheist, and a host of other 90s style liberal tropes. He is basically the Suineg of the left.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I just get the feeling that "conservatives" (read: not actually conservative, just assholes) do not understand how much they have damaged their own brand in the past 5 years and how little anyone wants to be associated with it anymore.

• 2Picard
  • 2Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Disneys statements were specifically about the holocaust related tweet and nothing else. The article just tried to conflate them to manipulate people, bit shocker there. I know you are not retarded, so I have to assume you are just being willfully obtuse to tow the line.

• 2Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What you're saying happened, did not happen. You said it was gross she compared to people enforcing masks to Nazis.
And even if she did, I fail to see how any (sane) person could consider that outlandish when people like me have been called nazis to our faces since 2016 just because we voted for the orange man.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user