The Mandela Effect

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
-nF_fekP2kN6pUtmNPjwjcvPJVJN5k_Or21dLJtBsnw.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What's your point? He's probably 17 in that pic, and he's 20 in the other one.
you brought it up. i checked and yes thats his college pic,so i supplied the proper one. but you were dead wrong about no majors in high school.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Turns out the Mandela Effect is just being a fucking retard.

Mystery solved.
mostly, but like the UFO stuff, for every hundred or thousand retards who claim they "saw something" there might be one person who saw something legit unexplained. the problem is its mixed in with a thousand retards. i think there could be something to the mandela effect stuff, but it gets diluted with idiots who dont even remember what they had for breakfast.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I've written about this before in another thread but I'm 100% convinced this is a thing.

The first example, and there are a few, is fairly minor. I remember the day the trees changed for me. Now I grew up in the country and spent a lot of time in the woods and hunted frequently as a kid. I know the woods well. One day as an adult I went outside and all the tree bark had changed, it was much thicker than it had ever been before. I said something to my wife because I was stunned and she was like, no they've always been that way. No...they ...haven't. At least not in my world. I still can't believe how thick the bark is on some trees here. Maybe my world didn't have woolly rhinos or something. I only learned about them afterwards.

The main example - The high school best friend. When I was in college I worked in an operating room as an orderly. It was good work and paid well. Among our duties was getting patients down from the floor for surgery. On this day the person I was picking up was an infant for a heart transplant. Before any wiseass says anything not every transplant person is on deaths door and if we needed assistance Respiratory etc would meet us there. As I arrived a guy called out my name -Guurn hey Guurn I can't believe it's you! We talked, small talk (I'm good at faking conversation), for about 10 minutes before he realized I had no idea who he was. He informed me that we were best friends through High School, all 4 years, we had a special callout and people used to mistake us for each other and we hung out every day pretty much. He went on but you get the gist. His kid was sick and I didn't want to be an asshole on that day so I pretended the best I could and moved on. After I got home I tried to figure out ways of verifying it. Yep, he had written an entire page in my yearbook, my younger brothers and sisters remembered him, and the one person I still know from high school remembered as well. I don't have a single memory with him in it other than meeting him that day. Not one.

What I do remember is a day at the end of High School when I went to visit my actual best friends. They acted surprised to see me, like we hadn't been friends in a while. It had always confused me until the meeting with my "best friend".

I haven't done any drugs for coming up on 30 years, I didn't have an issue they were just boring. Tree bark varies, yeah, I'm aware. So basically no one has any explanation other than you fucked up your brain with drugs or a mystery mental illness affected me for a time and left me with some new memory. That's typically what I have heard in the past the few times I've shared this. It's basically what I have concluded about all of these Mandela effect things. No one is really fucked up by them existing, they are just very casually interesting and usually boring just like telling someone about a dream you had. If you could choose to switch timelines or universes you'd have something.
Just a minor follow-up on mine. I attended a high school reunion mainly to see what others had to say about this. My class was 123 people so not huge. Apparently a couple people remember a guy one year ahead of us that went by Fuji and they knew we had hung out but not that we were particularly good friends. Mainly just that we were in the same really small town bar. This isn't really surprising since the bars for underage drinking were in towns with a population of 200 or so.

One thing of note. My class had a well known (now) pedophile and at least one other active one while I lived there so something related to that is a possibility. I know trauma can cause memory loss.

Oh well, still no real affect on my life other than enjoying the mystery.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
mostly, but like the UFO stuff, for every hundred or thousand retards who claim they "saw something" there might be one person who saw something legit unexplained. the problem is its mixed in with a thousand retards. i think there could be something to the mandela effect stuff, but it gets diluted with idiots who dont even remember what they had for breakfast.
No, the Mandela Effect is fucking retarded. As if someone is changing timelines of the universe just to alter random fucking spellings of books and lines of dialogue in movies. How fucking dumb do you have to be to believe this stupid ass shit?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
No, the Mandela Effect is fucking retarded. As if someone is changing timelines of the universe just to alter random fucking spellings of books and lines of dialogue in movies. How fucking dumb do you have to be to believe this stupid ass shit?
I 100% agree with Lumi Lumi .

Spongebob Squarepants Reaction GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think the popular ones make for an interesting psychological study. why do so many people remember something that never happened?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
i think the popular ones make for an interesting psychological study. why do so many people remember something that never happened?

It's only things that are unimportant from a long time ago and is easily confused with something else. They all follow a common theme

A lot of how things are spelled or pronounced from when you were a kid and either couldn't or could just barely read. Also things like Tommy Boy misquote being quoted more than ESB. Obviously more people saw ESB but it's not like that was something that people would quote like "I'll be back"

Abd it was all before internet where a lot of things that were wrong in your head just stayed wrong.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's only things that are unimportant from a long time ago and is easily confused with something else. They all follow a common theme

A lot of how things are spelled or pronounced from when you were a kid and either couldn't or could just barely read. Also things like Tommy Boy misquote being quoted more than ESB. Obviously more people saw ESB but it's not like that was something that people would quote like "I'll be back"

Abd it was all before internet where a lot of things that were wrong in your head just stayed wrong.
i never understood the ESB one, of course i was in my 20s by Tommy Boy so i heard the proper phrase dozens of times before that.
the stuff like the chick with the braces in Moonraker or the sun with sunglasses on the cereal box, is just weird. there is no explanation why everyone remembers it the same way but it never happened.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
i never understood the ESB one, of course i was in my 20s by Tommy Boy so i heard the proper phrase dozens of times before that.
the stuff like the chick with the braces in Moonraker or the sun with sunglasses on the cereal box, is just weird. there is no explanation why everyone remembers it the same way but it never happened.

Think the raisin bran one could have something to do with the California Raisins. I think there were a lot of raisin bran commercials with them.

Moonraker chick looks like a little nerdy girl and a flash of light on the teeth could be remembered as braces.

All follow the same pattern of being very old and unimportant that your brain mixes up with something similar

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Think the raisin bran one could have something to do with the California Raisins. I think there were a lot of raisin bran commercials with them.

Moonraker chick looks like a little nerdy girl and a flash of light on the teeth could be remembered as braces.

All follow the same pattern of being very old and unimportant that your brain mixes up with something similar
no flash of light
california raisins one raisin wearing sunglasses

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
no flash of light
california raisins one raisin wearing sunglasses

I was remembering the flash of light on his teeth as if they were on hers.

Goes with my point though, that your brain takes unimportant things in your memory and associates it with something similar and you now have a memory of something that never actually happened.

If this ever happened with something that wasn't 30+ years ago and/or anything that actually mattered then I'd see it as more than just an interesting oddity in how our brains work

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
That Fruit of the Loom one is really, really fucking with me. But I remember whenever we'd be driving around 495 when I was a kid, there was a sign for a MD farmer's market that had a big ol' cornucopia on it with a bunch of fruit. Have to wonder if that's what I'm confusing it with.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I was remembering the flash of light on his teeth as if they were on hers.

Goes with my point though, that your brain takes unimportant things in your memory and associates it with something similar and you now have a memory of something that never actually happened.

If this ever happened with something that wasn't 30+ years ago and/or anything that actually mattered then I'd see it as more than just an interesting oddity in how our brains work
yes, everyone has faulty memory after a certain time, the weird thing is the exact fault in the memory . its a specific thing.one remembers braces, maybe another remembers a weird hat or one remembers something completely different fitting in with a general fault in memory. nope, everyone remembers her braces. its like some spontaneous mass delusion. very strange.