The Martian (2015)

spronk

FPS noob
4.75 star(s) Rating: 4.75/5 4 Votes
Title: The Martian

Tagline: Bring Him Home

Genre: Drama, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Ridley Scott

Cast: Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain, Kristen Wiig, Jeff Daniels, Michael Peña, Sean Bean, Kate Mara, Sebastian Stan, Aksel Hennie, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Benedict Wong, Mackenzie Davis, Donald Glover, Nick Mohammed, Chen Shu, Eddy Ko, Enzo Cilenti, Jonathan Aris, Gruffudd Glyn, Naomi Scott, Geoffrey Thomas, Yang Haiwen, Narantsogt Tsogtsaikhan, Brian Caspe, Szonja Oroszlán, Mark O'Neal, Karen Gagnon, Lili Bordán, Nikolett Barabas, Dilyana Bouklieva, Björn Freiberg, James Fred Harkins Jr., Sam Spruell, Matt Devere, Mike Kelly, Greg De Cuir, Peter Linka, Declan Hannigan, Peter Schueller, Waleska Latorre, Frederik Pleitgen, Charlie Gardner, Nóra Lili Hörich, Kamilla Fátyol, Yang Liu, Richard Rifkin, Nicholas Wittman, Ben O'Brien, Scott Alexander Young, Jason Ryan, James Dougherty

Release: 2015-09-30

Runtime: 141

Plot: During a manned mission to Mars, Astronaut Mark Watney is presumed dead after a fierce storm and left behind by his crew. But Watney has survived and finds himself stranded and alone on the hostile planet. With only meager supplies, he must draw upon his ingenuity, wit and spirit to subsist and find a way to signal to Earth that he is alive.

spronk

FPS noob
[CONTAINER][POSTER]
5aGhaIHYuQbqlHWvWYqMCnj40y2.jpg
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: The Martian (2015)

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Ridley Scott[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Matt Damon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Chastain[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kristen Wiig[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeff Daniels[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Peña[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sean Bean[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kate Mara[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sebastian Stan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aksel Hennie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chiwetel Ejiofor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Benedict Wong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mackenzie Davis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Donald Glover[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nick Mohammed[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Shu Chen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Eddy Ko[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Enzo Cilenti[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jonathan Aris[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gruffudd Glyn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Naomi Scott[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Geoffrey Thomas[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Yang Haiwen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Narantsogt Tsogtsaikhan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brian Caspe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Szonja Oroszlán[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mark O'Neal[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Karen Gagnon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lili Bordán[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nikolett Barabas[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dilyana Bouklieva[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Björn Freiberg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Fred Harkins Jr.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sam Spruell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matt Devere[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mike Kelly[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Greg De Cuir[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Linka[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Declan Hannigan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Schueller[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Waleska Latorre[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Frederik Pleitgen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charlie Gardner[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nóra Lili Hörich[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kamilla Fátyol[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Yang Liu[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Richard Rifkin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nicholas Wittman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ben O'Brien[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Scott Alexander Young[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jason Ryan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Dougherty[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-09-30[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]141[/RUNTIME]

Plot: During a manned mission to Mars, Astronaut Mark Watney is presumed dead after a fierce storm and left behind by his crew. But Watney has survived and finds himself stranded and alone on the hostile planet. With only meager supplies, he must draw upon his ingenuity, wit and spirit to subsist and find a way to signal to Earth that he is alive.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

During a manned mission to Mars, Astronaut Mark Watney is presumed dead after a fierce storm and left behind by his crew. But Watney has survived and finds himself stranded and alone on the hostile planet. With only meager supplies, he must draw upon his ingenuity, wit and spirit to subsist and find a way to signal to Earth that he is alive. Millions of miles away, NASA and a team of international scientists work tirelessly to bring "the Martian" home, while his crewmates concurrently plot a daring, if not impossible, rescue mission. As these stories of incredible bravery unfold, the world comes together to root for Watney's safe return. Based on a best-selling novel.

starring Matt Damon and Jessica Chastain (Zero Dark Thirty), directed by Sir Ridley Scott. Release date is Oct 1st 2015 in North America. They put up a 3 minute video today similar to some of the prometheus promo videos. The movie is based on the bestseller book by Andy Weir (its NOT based on Kim Robinson's Mars trilogy).

spronk

FPS noob
5aGhaIHYuQbqlHWvWYqMCnj40y2.jpg

Title: The Martian

Genre: Drama, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Ridley Scott

Cast: Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain, Kristen Wiig, Jeff Daniels, Michael Peña, Sean Bean, Kate Mara, Sebastian Stan, Aksel Hennie, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Benedict Wong, Mackenzie Davis, Donald Glover, Nick Mohammed, Chen Shu, Eddy Ko, Enzo Cilenti, Jonathan Aris, Gruffudd Glyn, Naomi Scott, Geoffrey Thomas, Yang Haiwen, Narantsogt Tsogtsaikhan, Brian Caspe, Szonja Oroszlán, Mark O'Neal, Karen Gagnon, Lili Bordán, Nikolett Barabas, Dilyana Bouklieva, Björn Freiberg, James Fred Harkins Jr., Sam Spruell, Matt Devere, Mike Kelly, Greg De Cuir, Peter Linka, Declan Hannigan, Peter Schueller, Waleska Latorre, Frederik Pleitgen, Charlie Gardner, Nóra Lili Hörich, Kamilla Fátyol, Yang Liu, Richard Rifkin, Nicholas Wittman, Ben O'Brien, Scott Alexander Young, Jason Ryan, James Dougherty

Release: 2015-09-30

Runtime: 141

Plot: During a manned mission to Mars, Astronaut Mark Watney is presumed dead after a fierce storm and left behind by his crew. But Watney has survived and finds himself stranded and alone on the hostile planet. With only meager supplies, he must draw upon his ingenuity, wit and spirit to subsist and find a way to signal to Earth that he is alive.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It's a pretty simple piece, but getting the pacing right is going to be critical. I think they'll have to cut out much of the technical detail.

Szlia

Considering Scott's recent track record, the martian will probably be carried back to earth by angels or something...

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like it has potential. I hate to support his fucking ass after Prometheus but I'd probably be interested in seeing it. Looks way better than that shitpile already though. I can just wait to hear if people like it first I guess.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Martian is a masterpeice of a book. I hope this is done right but who knows

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That trailer was great! So hyped, too hyped.
frown.png
Seriously. Just keep telling yourself how much this shit is going to suck. We've seen great trailers before, every movie has a great trailer. Just keep reminding yourself he's going to prometheus the fuck out of this. No expectations, its a path to disappointment. Its going to be so bad.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Theres something about Matt Damon that kills movies for me. I dont feel like I'm watching the character Damon is playing stuck in space. I feel like I'm watching the actor Matt Damon stuck in space.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wow, I had no idea this even became a successful book, let alone a movie. Read the story when it was just on the guys website (pretty sure someone linked it on FoH, actually) and loved it, so I'm hyped now that I know it's a movie.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's a pretty simple piece, but getting the pacing right is going to be critical. I think they'll have to cut out much of the technical detail.
I think they could still show some of it since watching him MacGyver the shit out of what he has available could make for exciting drama.

Just keep reminding yourself he's going to prometheus the fuck out of this. No expectations, its a path to disappointment. Its going to be so bad.
The fact that he's adapting this from a book rather than creating this from his own brain or putting it in the hands of Damon Lindelof makes me hopeful he can't screw it up too much.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database