The Martian (2015)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Theres something about Matt Damon that kills movies for me. I dont feel like I'm watching the character Damon is playing stuck in space. I feel like I'm watching the actor Matt Damon stuck in space.
Yea, he's definitely one of those actors that doesn't really act, he just plays himself in everything he does with a different outfit on. And maybe an accent.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks alright I guess. Not getting the whole super hype but we'll see.
If you'd read the book you'd be more hyped. Trying to look at the trailer objectively I can see why it might underwhelm. The book was fantastic.

Also, what the hell did they do to my favorite character (aside form Watney) Venkat Kapoor? They really couldn't find an Indian guy to play him?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have not read the book. The trailer looks "ok".

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The best part about an interesting looking movie coming out based on a book people speak well of is that I can just go get the book and enjoy it now.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Absolutely loved this book, and am excited for the movie even with Matt Damon. He's not bad or anything, he just doesn't really thrill me as an actor.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Matt Damon isn't enough to ruin it or anything. We all loved Rounders right? I thought he did well in True Grit too. Yeah, I get the complaints, he kinda seems the same in many roles, but he doesn't really break your immersion either IMO.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
looks really good. Never heard of the book before this, going to have to hit the bookstore tomorrow.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Loved the book, can't wait for the movie, but not a fan of the Damon casting as the main character. However, since I can't come up with a good actor for that role, I won't complain too much.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Don't get the Damon hate. He can play the role perfect imo. He's kinda played the smartass before. I hope they don't cut some of my favorite lines from the book so as not to offend anyone. Gay probe.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm like an hour into the audio book and I can see why so many of you really like it.

Something this sciencey translated into a motion picture? Probably going to be terrible.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hating on Matt Damon, wtf. He should be the least of your guys concerns. This has an All-Star cast in it. The acting shouldn't be a concern at all.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Only one person said Matt Damon might ruin it for them. Another agreed that he sort of just always plays Matt Damon, and I said he's not bad, he just doesn't thrill me. So there isn't really a lot of Matt Damon "hate" going on, more like a couple of "meh."

khorum

Murder Apologist
I understand some of the Matt Damon hate because he's been getting a little of the De Niro effect lately where it seems he plays matt damn more than a role. But he's done excellent character acting in True Grit and The Informant where he shows really good range.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
His character drug down Interstellar pretty hard but that had nothing to do with his performance.

Argarth

On the verandah
Can't wait, and aside from Matt Damon (whom I really like anyway), that cast is positivelydrippingwith talent.