The Marvels (2023)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Or...just stop trying to market superhero movies to women? It's never going to happen.

Women aren't drawn to action movies. We used to acknowledge that.
they totally could make a believable superhero movie for women. normal women. just dont amp her powers beyond belief. 100 pound woman vs 300 pound jacked goon. she doesnt do stupid jujitsu shit and knock him out instantly. she takes the gun out of her purse and shoots him in the fucking face. if she can fly, she can only fly and go somewhere very quickly, she cant fly and lift the top off a mountain and throw it at a kaiju. if she has powers like a fire or ice blast, its only mildly effective. like she could stun a bunch of bad guys, but a kaiju will just get irritated and punch her out. so in cases like that she has to get creative or call in backup. she has to be part of a team, not a loner. because she cant do it all on her own. she can have another dude or she can have a crew of mildly powered bitches. basically how comic books ued to be.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Yeah and her costume should be an apron and her cooking and cleaning super powers are unmatched. Hell yeah!

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I just don't understand how women writers are so fail that they can't write stories for other women to relate to.it used to be you get some swole beefcake guy with no shirt on fall in love with the deepest looking chick within 20 miles and women would cum in their theater seats and tell all their friends about how hot the guy was and then all of a sudden more packs of women show up to see that movie. That's how chick flicks work for the last century. How do you fuck that up?

Leslie Headland of Acolyte fame wrote a big piece on that a little while back. I'll have to dig it up as we get closer to the next piece of shit Star Wars series.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Truetotheend GIF by True Blood HBO
true blood GIF
true blood GIF
true blood 12 days of hbo now GIF by HBO
true blood lafayette reynolds GIF by HBO

My woman just started rewatching True Blood. I asked if it's that time of the month. She was not amused.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah and her costume should be an apron and her cooking and cleaning super powers are unmatched. Hell yeah!
as long as she had a point where she couldnt cook and over time learned how. i hated how Danvers was OP right out of the gate. how can you develop your character with no journey? hi i am already the best, enjoy the movie and watch me scowl. its not even power creep, its just so boring watching these movies a show like Heroes at least got it right the first season. Claire Bear got powers and she tested them out in increments (in a cheerleader outfit-sigh). she had a journey. also all these OP chicks never have a boyfriend when they become OP. male superheroes have girlfriends, but these chicks puposely never have a man because "they dont need no man". it causes all kinds of stupid fan shipping because it leaves the door open for them to be lesbians. Jane sort of had Thor as her boyfriend, but i think at that time she broke up with him so she could become Lady Thor without him.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Disney bought Star Wars and Marvel to appeal more to males, and now they're trying to make their male targeted brands target women.

Fucking retarded
I never even thought of that.

Disney was the representation women wanted all along.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
as long as she had a point where she couldnt cook and over time learned how. i hated how Danvers was OP right out of the gate. how can you develop your character with no journey? hi i am already the best, enjoy the movie and watch me scowl. its not even power creep, its just so boring watching these movies a show like Heroes at least got it right the first season. Claire Bear got powers and she tested them out in increments (in a cheerleader outfit-sigh). she had a journey. also all these OP chicks never have a boyfriend when they become OP. male superheroes have girlfriends, but these chicks puposely never have a man because "they dont need no man". it causes all kinds of stupid fan shipping because it leaves the door open for them to be lesbians. Jane sort of had Thor as her boyfriend, but i think at that time she broke up with him so she could become Lady Thor without him.
That is one of the big issues. look at the struggles that IM, Thor, Cap, Or GoTG. Gamora and Nebula actually struggled, I actually liked them More in GoTG3 even if you hated that movie. Everyone says they hate origin movies but I think its needed. That said the writers for captain marvel just sucked. She was OP and as much as I hate what Gunn Did to Adam Warlock I like that hes not Superman power levels

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

a few decades ago when i was in college, one thing that always stuck with me was on societal and gender roles. it was pre woke nonsense, so it wasn't about pushing agendas, it was an anthropology class on how strongly societal norms impact the way people behave on a subconscious level from country to country. one of the things the professor talked about was how in america we raise our sons to find value in one thing and our daughters to find value in a completely different thing based simply on how we praise them. he said when you're driving your son home from t-ball, you say things like "You did great out there! When you caught that fly ball and threw it home? You forced 2 outs! I'm so proud of you!" but when you praise your daughter? "Aw honey! You looked SO pretty out there!"

we praise our sons on what they DO and praise our daughters on what they LOOK like. so you get guys who are interested in action movies because it's all about DOING something. and we intrinsically understand that when you do something and it's hard, it increases the value of what you've done. women on the other hand need to look pretty. but modern feminism is trying to rebuff that, and tell women that it's good to find value in DOING things, but don't understand the value in hard work. which is how you get rey palpatine and carol danvers. nothing is hard for them, they do everything perfectly.

i don't inherently think it's a bad thing to market superhero movies to girls, though i do think it's a LONG process to try to change some of that societal programming.

Last edited:
  • 2Seriously?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
a few decades ago when i was in college, one thing that always stuck with me was on societal and gender roles. it was pre woke nonsense, so it wasn't about pushing agendas, it was an anthropology class on how strongly societal norms impact the way people behave on a subconscious level from country to country. one of the things the professor talked about was how in america we raise our sons to find value in one thing and our daughters to find value in a completely different thing based simply on how we praise them. he said when you're driving your son home from t-ball, you say things like "You did great out there! When you caught that fly ball and threw it home? You forced 2 outs! I'm so proud of you!" but when you praise your daughter? "Aw honey! You looked SO pretty out there!"

we praise our sons on what they DO and praise our daughters on what they LOOK like. so you get guys who are interested in action movies because it's all about DOING something. and we intrinsically understand that when you do something and it's hard, it increases the value of what you've done. women on the other hand need to look pretty. but modern feminism is trying to rebuff that, and tell women that it's good to find value in DOING things, but don't understand the value in hard work. which is how you get rey palpatine and carol danvers. nothing is hard for them, they do everything perfectly.

i don't inherently think it's a bad thing to market superhero movies to girls, though i do think it's a LONG process to try to change some of that societal programming.
This goes back to the whole nature vs nurture debate. I think some of both play a huge role in shaping all of us. But do you honestly think that girls in US are treated differently than in any other western country? Sure there is counties that treat their women different, namely the Islamic countries and other 3rd world shit holes but dont think that women in other western progressive countries are not treated roughly the same.

Homsar

There was a point Ronda Rousey thought she could take on any heavyweight and people believed her

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I also think it goes much deeper than some societal programming why we like shit we like. Why women are drawn to big men which can protect them.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That is one of the big issues. look at the struggles that IM, Thor, Cap, Or GoTG. Gamora and Nebula actually struggled, I actually liked them More in GoTG3 even if you hated that movie. Everyone says they hate origin movies but I think its needed. That said the writers for captain marvel just sucked. She was OP and as much as I hate what Gunn Did to Adam Warlock I like that hes not Superman power levels
Gamora and Nebula is an absolutely great example of a character evolution. when you started GoTG you never expected that you would feel compassion for Nebula and her character would have as much depth as Gamora.

you dont need a full origin, but you definitely need to show the work put in. Rocky got his ass totally beat by Mr T, he took you through the whole process of him becoming a tame fighter after winning champ, then him getting his shit pushed in. then you saw Apollo train him from the beginning and he defeated his own demons and became ready to take on Clubber again. CM and Rey, just knew how to do everything. in Ahsoka, Sabine just knew how to use the force like it wasnt any big deal. remember when Luke had to fail trying to lift his Xwing out of the Dagoban swamp because he didnt know how to to do it right? these bitches never fail. they just know what to do. fucking boring and totally alien to men and especially to women who struggle with a lot of things due to their smaller size and strength.

Homsar

Gamora and Nebula is an absolutely great example of a character evolution. when you started GoTG you never expected that you would feel compassion for Nebula and her character would have as much depth as Gamora.
Thor Love and Thunder was almost the nail in the Coffin for me but GoTG3 had so much emotion for me I gave loki a try. I Still hate how theyre portraying Kang but everyone loves it

• 2Like

j00t

This goes back to the whole nature vs nurture debate. I think some of both play a huge role in shaping all of us. But do you honestly think that girls in US are treated differently than in any other western country? Sure there is counties that treat their women different, namely the Islamic countries and other 3rd world shit holes but dont think that women in other western progressive countries are not treated roughly the same.
i mean... women in hollywood are treated differently than some random chick in ohio. look at any random amish 20 year old woman and see how she behaves in relation to your average tik tok thot

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Just wanted to correct you on your first statement. You said this was "pre-woke," but the Marxists infiltrated the schools long ago. It may not have been overt, but it was definitely there.

j00t

Just wanted to correct you on your first statement. You said this was "pre-woke," but the Marxists infiltrated the schools long ago. It may not have been overt, but it was definitely there.
normally, i'd say you're right, but i spoke to the professor about a lot of things outside of class. he was a tried and true pro-capitalist republican card carrying NRA member.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, Hiro said to save the Cheerleader, Save the world, so I'm sure Claire Bear had to learn things first.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Total bullshit.

If a girl plays well, you don't think they're complimented on the good plays they make? I believe a shitty college professor would say shit like that, but why would you believe it?