Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
5 weeks out, apparently tickets go on sale next week
first forecasts think it is going to open to $95-105m
View attachment 493542
with worldwide having a huge range of $600-900m
View attachment 493541
supposedly it will need to make around $450-500m to breakeven

with dune 2 gone, it has 1 week before hungry games, then the next week is thanksgiving and wish opens, then 2 weeks till wonka
this is same time bp2 opened last year
this is pure fantasy, there is no reason to see this movie at all. Miss Marvel was low ratings crap. black Marvel was a little known side character from D+ she got her powers from walking into a force field. people havent changed their minds on Brie Larson. i feel bad for her now instead of hating her. it wont make me see it. biggest reason of all is that there is no motivation to go out and see this. the villain is garbage. there are no stakes. Brie isnt even hot enough or young enough to get nerds to come out of mom's basement to see this. the trailer is meh. the CGI also looks terrible. they ruined Nick Fury and so he's garbage too.

and 450-500 million doesnt break this movie even. their budget is around 300 million and the marketing is likely 100-150 million. it costs the same to make this as everything else Disney makes, they delayed this movie for years now. they need to make 900 million or more. just to break even. it will be lucky if it makes more than The Flash.

Last edited:

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Every image I've seen of this is hilariously bad. Brie and Black Marvel always look so bored and a little ashamed. Muslim Marvel looks like shes a decked out gamer girl at cosplay who is just this moment starting to realize how cringe it all is.

Can't imagine how hilarious their performances will be when they can't even fake enthusiasm enough for a still

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Every image I've seen of this is hilariously bad. Brie and Black Marvel always look so bored and a little ashamed. Muslim Marvel looks like shes a decked out gamer girl at cosplay who is just this moment starting to realize how cringe it all is.

Can't imagine how hilarious their performances will be when they can't even fake enthusiasm enough for a still

I mean Iman Vellani will be the only redeemable part of this and her enthusiasm is likely very real in this movie, she is a huge Marvel fanboy IRL. Its a shame that she has to work off of Brie Larson cause tbh she is a pretty fun Miss Marvel and made the show decent. This will be shit, but it wont be because of her, its cause everyone else looks checked out acting infront of a green screen.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

if this holds, they can at least say they beat the flash.....
from boxofficepro
1697149066460.png

that is bottom 7 opening
1697149889764.png

bottom 6 domestic total
1697150088359.png

adjusted for inflation
Hulk $197,704,288
Cap $234,574,020
Thor $240,384,926

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
actors are still on strike. the lack of Brie Larson promoting this film, may actually help their numbers.

Goatface

guess i missed this rumor and tease in the trailer but supposedly
Valkyrie
shows up and is Brie's love interest. think the love interest was a long ago rumor and people making leaps from the trailer, as it could be any of the
asgardians/thors/etc

long range forecast should get updated tomorrow, guess it should go up. watched a little football this weekend and there were tons of ads.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they've been shipping gay Carol Danvers and black pilot lady friend for a while now. i think Brie likes the D too much to be down with that.

spronk

FPS noob
bries in a new apple TV+ show playing a woman in the 50s who fights the patriarchy or something i dunno

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
bries in a new apple TV+ show playing a woman in the 50s who fights the patriarchy or something i dunno

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA gasp BUAHAHAHAHAHA the global phenomenon Brie Larson BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA gasp BUAHAHAHAHAHA

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
christ, who keeps hiring this woman? the patriarchy is one thing, but at least find somebody that people want to watch.