The Marvels (2023)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
finally finished this thing. its very stupid, the CGI is bad, but not Quantamania bad. the story is very basic and flawed, because the so called villain is way more powerful than all three of these chicks combined when its convenient, but she was only trying to save her planet. it wasnt like she was trying to destroy the universe, she just went about it in the most chick way possible. by fucking over CM as much as she could in the process, with good reason. CM shitted up mixed chick's home planet when she tried to help them out. the movie is bad, but i dont want to say its Flash bad. Brie did a better job in this flick, she wasnt annoying, (even though her LA accent drives me crazy.) she actually had a range of emotions and even an arch, she wasnt the bestest ever, the movie isnt woke even though its a bunch of chicks who save the day.

its just a dull movie with dull action, a very dull villain who you wont hate, Fury is so out of it now. its like he cant be bothered to give a shit about anything. this movie is everything a Marvel movie should never be. no stakes, nobody to care about. no toys kids would ever want to play with. save your money, if you need to see this, go sail the high seas. it doesnt matter, there is no MCU movies til 2025. MAYBE. you will have plenty of time to check this out on D+ before the next product gets released.

-edit
the movie has nothing to do with Endgame. you dont need to see it to understand blah blah blah. that was just a shameless ploy in the trailer to fool the stupids at home that they should watch this. there are two post credit scenes.

one is Kamala taking over the role of Nick Fury as a recruiter for the kid Avengers and she recruits Kate Bishop, whomever that is. the other scene shows Black Marvel meeting her mom at the Xmen lab. her mom in this multiverse or whatever gimmick this is, is the Captain marvel there.

Last edited:

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Conscious I’m leaving myself open to deserved abuse but car was having a service this morning and only movie on was this.

So, it’s a kid’s movie, end of. Fortunately I’d read someone say that on here so I was prepared. Even then, I struggled. This is way more a Disney movie than a Marvel one.

I mean, you have a planet with a prince and princess where the inhabitants communicate by song. And then… the… cats.

It’s really not worth getting bent out of shape about this. You might as well rage about Paw Patrol.

Goatface

1699719598087.png

$21.25m is just an estimate at this time, but hulk 08 opening was $21.4m, thor $25.4, cap $25.7 and ant-man q was $46.4
flash $24.1m and black adam $26.6m

did beat morbius $17.3m, blue beetle $10m and shazam2 $11.7m

edit
disney estimate is $21.5M

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
On the positive side, this is one of the last bloated budget Marvel movies that have been delayed and had reshoots for forever. Maybe Captain Bubba Gump will be the last one and then they can start on a better foot. Although who knows how much nu-Daredevil, nu-Blade, Agatha all along, will cost when or if they finally get made.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’ll get skewered but I liked Thor 2 well enough as filler old MCU material. I think it’s the Dark Elves. I get why people might not like it, but it’s no Iron Man 3. Now that was fucking awful.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok. I saw it because I see everything Marvel (but I'm rethinking it with other shit that's been going on), but to be honest... I didn't hate it. Captain Marvel, while still bland, was a little better. She showed a bit more emotion, if that makes sense. There was one part of the movie that was bullshit (a fucking song and dance scene) that I think was added for the sole purpose of giving emotion to Brie Larson. And from what I can see, it was her real voice.
Ms. Marvel definitely stole the movie. Her reactions were the only real humor to speak of, so it wasn't like other movies.
And finally, the "big bad" of the movie was a half black woman with a fucked up smile. Google shows it's the real thing.
1699758766316.png

But the movie CGI'd it a little different. Now the top of her mouth had this gold triangle thing that went half way down her teeth, but they were touching and not gapped. It kept looking like her gums had overgrown, so I looked at it every time she was on screen.

All in all, I didn't hate it, except for the one scene I mentioned earlier. What made that scene even dumber is Brie explained (in the movie) that it's a civilization that can only communicate through song.
But every song was English, and the prince of the world was "bi-lingual" supposedly, because he was able to stop singing and just speak normally to the 3 heroes. Stupid.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Not gonna watch it. Do I want to send the wife and 2 x Elsa kids to watch this diversity hell movie?

• 1Edgelord

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I’ll get skewered but I liked Thor 2 well enough as filler old MCU material. I think it’s the Dark Elves. I get why people might not like it, but it’s no Iron Man 3. Now that was fucking awful.
I'll get skewered but I liked Iron Man 3 well enough as filler old MCU material. I think it's the suits. I get why people might not like it, but it's no Thor 2. Now that was fucking awful.

• 1Like

Goatface

1699804184422.png

heard china been cheating foreign ticket sales, but doubt they would do it to this level.

1699805019752.png

F - $21,500,000
S - $15,300,000
S - $10,200,000
still just estimates, actual numbers won't be out for a few days.

• 1Like

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Fucking Rotten Tomatoes has an 84% audience score but they're all new accounts 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Fucking idiots driving up fake scores on this flat, boring piece of shit movie. 😂🤣😂🤣

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The movie isn't as bad as the numbers suggest. They could fake rotten tomato scores all day. It doesn't matter. Nobody gives a shit about this movie. As I posted earlier. There is no reason to see this, no stakes, streaming service TV stars as main characters. No other MCU movie on the horizon. It will be on D+ by Christmas. Dull CGI. Why fucking bother? Same is going to happen to Aquaman 2. Although Mamoa still makes women's panties juicy and the ladies will see it.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The movie isn't as bad as the numbers suggest. They could fake rotten tomato scores all day. It doesn't matter. Nobody gives a shit about this movie. As I posted earlier. There is no reason to see this, no stakes, streaming service TV stars as main characters. No other MCU movie on the horizon. It will be on D+ by Christmas. Dull CGI. Why fucking bother? Same is going to happen to Aquaman 2. Although Mamoa still makes women's panties juicy and the ladies will see it.
Unrelated to this joke of a movie but related to Mamoa and panties.

The now ex-wife and I went to Comic-con years ago in Salt Lake City since I was stationed out there at the time. She wanted to get Mamoa's autograph and picture taken with him and as we're standing outside his booth/table. I take note that I'm literally the only fucking male standing in this ocean of women waiting for this dude. He finally comes out, 20 minutes late, and the women go apeshit. Once the noise died down I say out loud "Well, there's not a dry pair of panties in this place." And the woman next to me with a stroller, looks at me, giggles and says "Oh, you have no idea." 😂

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

don't know where they got the numbers, from deadline thursday showings
65% male (45% over 25)
35% female (22% over 25)

36% Caucasian
27% Latino and Hispanic
17% Black
14% Asian

• 1WTF