The Matrix (1999)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Reloaded was a decent sequel. Great action and effects. Yes there were bad parts. Like the last human city being negrotown, but it got awesome again when they left. Revolutions was fucking terrible, I saw it once and vowed never to see it again. I dont even remember much of it.

spronk

FPS noob
animatrix was pretty cool, I don't think I've watched them all but there were some interesting stories and some shitty ones, but the interesting ones were quite provocative. Mostly made me sad that I won't live to see my brain plugged into the matrix, but my kids or grandkids will
frown.png
fuck them!!

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
The sequels were a let down, mostly the last one. That was a wreck.

Although... whenever I baby sit some burster maxes in Planetside 2 with my engie... I always think about the final defense of Zion scene with that kid running around reloading the exo-suits. Starts about 1 minute in.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Sue me. I liked them all. 3 the least, of course and the end of the 2nd film was terrible as well. Had they fixed a few things, especially the ending, the 2nd film would have been a great sequel.

Loved the wraith twins, the Merovingian, even that 1000 Smith fight scene. But wtf was that ending.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My biggest issue with the series is that the 100 Smith fight was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay the fuck too long, and the special effects not the best. Otherwise enjoyed the trilogy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this link will prove that Matrix Reloaded was a fucking awesome movie.
if we didnt have reloaded we wouldnt have that video.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
The main problem with the sequals was it was all falling action after Neo becomes Matrix Jesus/Superman. A far better approach would be to have had Agent Smith be the protagonist of the next two movies.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I like the latter 2 Matrices a lot and I think the fact that I watched the Animatrix helped out a lot with that.

What also might have helped out a lot was that I was stoned out of my mind the first times I saw them.

Kidding aside, it's bullshit to say the action stopped after Neo became Jesus. Sure you think of the 100 Smith fight for reloaded but you are crazy if you didn't think this was an awesome fight scene:

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
it thought sequels were full throttle action and first one was a nice mix between action and story.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Most of the Animatrix shorts were fucking awesome.

Reloaded and Revolutions are fantastic movies...if you pretend they never actually left the Matrix

spronk

FPS noob
I remember the marketing during the matrix was fucking awesome too, I was working craaaazy hours but all they did was adverts that said "What is the matrix?" and I really wanted to fucking find out.

I think this was the last movie I actually went to the theaters multiple times for, too.

I will be a sad old man when they remake the matrix in 10 years or less
frown.png

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Wachowskis sure know how to film an elegant fight scene.

The Matrix Trilogy is perhaps my favorite series ever.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The chateau scene is definitely A+++ schlock. Too bad the rest of the movie is a wandering mess, but that scene is enough to display the utterly wasted potential that those sequals had.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
The 30 minutes of that film starting with the chateau fight scene is probably the greatest action scene of all time. Excellent cinematography, choreography, music, tension and omg i can't even tell any of the highway scene is CGI.
Doesn't matter how bad the movie is, it is saved by this scene, scenes.