The Matrix reboot/remake

Seeing how it all turned out rather than go with the Jesus 2.0 path I'd have rather they ripped off DBZ (for more than just the final fight scene in Revolutions) and had Morpheous and Trinity also ascend as we learn all human beings everywhere have this impossible potential that the machines cannot comprehend. Have a human character be introduced that, while still plugged in, can resist an Agent's influence. Give Smith a Vegeta character arc in which he develops a grudging respect/rivalry for Neo as he too yearns for true freedom.
An Agent Smith face turn is the first idea I've heard that might interest me in this movie.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
An Agent Smith face turn is the first idea I've heard that might interest me in this movie.

The final fight would involve The Architect fashioning a gigantic Cthulhu out of the population of New York and attacking our heroes -

supergod.png

supergod 2.png

So I'm stealing from Warren Ellis's Supergod as well big whoop wanna fight about it?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How did they explain that?
i only saw Revolution maybe twice, i dont even remember if they ignore it or blew it off as nothing. i dont understand it. they filmed 2 and 3 simultaneously and it should have been a major point of the film. i guess they threw that in there to fuck with people and get them to watch part 3,
this scene was fucking awesome.
all for what? fucking cocktease

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
did ya'll forget that after the abominations of

Matrix 2
Matrix 3,

they didn't stop and continued with

Cloud Atlas

Jupiter Ascending

These tranny brothers (how the fuck do you have sibling trannies? wtf kind of odds are that?) are one hit wonders.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

On further thought, I wouldn't be surprised if they recycle lore / ideas from the Matrix MMO into the 4th Matrix film. We know Trinity and Neo are "alive" in the film. Didn't the game have some running storyline where you find out Neo and Trinity were special somehow and were part program or something, so they still were alive even though their human bodies were dead?

They'll probably do something like that and they'll factor into trying to restore an uneasy truce between the machines and humans and the solution will end up being some machine/human hybrid or w/e (cylons lol).

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The whole Architect underline plus the Neo vs sentinel stuff was to setup the idea of the mind and body were able to survive apart and you could even modify a human mind + body with machine code on the side ("The function of the one is now to return to the source allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry reinserting the prime program"). Neo's mind ended up on the machine network but his body still survived in a coma, meanwhile Smith "perhaps some part of you imprinted on to me, something overwritten or copied" copied his code over top of people's avatars and they all operated independently of each other but with the same purpose. Using the same hack for humans to get into the matrix he was able to get a copy of his program out into a human body. The finale then showed everyone Smith duped over being reverted to normal regardless of human or program.

The Architect created the code to be attached to The One and Neo used that to bring Trinity back in the matrix as well as Neo bringing himself back at the end of the first movie. You can count Smith coming back as a similar event. Smith replicated over Neo's avatar at the same time his body was plugged into the machine city and they trojan horsed 'em. His body was fried but his avatar should have reverted like all the rest. Not that much of a stretch to handwave some bullshit for Trinity's mind to still be salvageable given what Neo did before.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Wait, isn't Michael B. Jordan supposed to be the lead still? Or has he been shitcanned for Keanu?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
There were some really cool parts in both the sequels. But they just didn't live up to the first, weren't coherent as a storyline, and the ending was basically DBZ with a sad trombone at the end.
The only real part of #2 & #3 I remember is them playing live-action Galaga when the swarm of machines invade Zion.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
did ya'll forget that after the abominations of

Matrix 2
Matrix 3,

they didn't stop and continued with

Cloud Atlas

Jupiter Ascending

These tranny brothers (how the fuck do you have sibling trannies? wtf kind of odds are that?) are one hit wonders.

You missed Speed Racer.

• 2Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
idk why this ugly ass phone was all the rage
tenor.gif

i had a startac w/ extended battery like a regular person.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
idk why this ugly ass phone was all the rage
tenor.gif

i had a startac w/ extended battery like a regular person.
i had one too, i really didnt need more than that back then. i thought i was balling when i could call anywhere in the country for free on nights and weekends

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
"Some really cool parts" don't make a movie good. These dopes haven't made a movie worth watching in 20 years.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Matrix, for me, is the best Science Fiction movie ever made.

It hit on every angle with perfection. I can easily pretend that the 2nd and 3rd movie were just movies that tried to continue on a Master Piece but just could not do it. Its like painting extensions on either side of Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh and expecting the extensions to be as good as the original piece. It just does not happen that way, and so I take The Matrix alone as the Master Piece and let the sequels be what they were.

The 4th movie will be what it is going to be. It will not be The Matrix because it cannot be. The 2nd and 3rd movies were not as good but they were still entertaining enough. I will judge the 4th when I see it.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Imho the 2nd Matrix movie was great, not sure why it was panned. The car chase scene with the Albino dudes was cinematographic awesomeness. Now the 3rd Matrix sucked balls.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i really liked a lot of the action sequences in the second one, the Merovingian was over the top funny, and it was great to see monica bellucci

• 2Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
yeah i really liked a lot of the action sequences in the second one, the Merovingian was over the top funny, and it was great to see monica bellucci

The fight scene in front of the vaulted stairway using all the Asian weaponry also comes to mind as a classic.

• 2Like