The Matrix reboot/remake

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Like most said, Matrix 1 is an all time movie. I'm not going to go so far as best Sci Fi ever but it was amazing for it's time and the impact it had on movies down the line. The first time he's getting chased by the agents in the office was edge of your seat stuff. I think the way 2 was average made 3 even more disappointing. Usually you expect that the middle movie in a trilogy would be weaker than the 1st but then the 3rd is supposed to bring the quality back up. Not the case here.

I was incredibly disappointed in the MMO though. It had the perfect universe to create that type of game is it was hot garbage. Especially at a time when MMORPG's were at a peak of popularity.

spronk

FPS noob
don't forget matrix will be in theaters next weekend for its 20th anniversary, it'll be playing in the dolby theaters at AMC which is fantastic. 4 days only

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Second one sucked because Neo chose subpar quality pussy over the survival of the human race.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
yeah i really liked a lot of the action sequences in the second one, the Merovingian was over the top funny, and it was great to see monica bellucci

That was a great scene. "It's like wiping your ass with silk."

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Imho the 2nd Matrix movie was great, not sure why it was panned. The car chase scene with the Albino dudes was cinematographic awesomeness. Now the 3rd Matrix sucked balls.

The movie did a poor job of handling Neo. Early on we get a throwaway line of "huh, upgrades" to try and establish that he maybe still needs to try. He's still in danger guys, really! He has that fight with all the mook AI that goes on too damn long and there's another throwaway line when his hand bleeds about him "only being human" or something. His fight with Smith he fails to kill even a single one. They are just invulnerable I guess? Then in the final action piece to give everyone else a chance to do something we drop him off in the Himalayas with a magic door.

I get that it is tough to write a character that has attained godhood but that stuff all really bothered me. Also Zion was mega disappointing with the rave scene. I can see why people like Reloaded though. I was just really irritated by the weak efforts put forth to try and convince me Neo wasn't the actual second coming of Jesus.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Someone said it earlier...the biggest issue was that he turned into Superman at the end of the 1st movie. There was nowhere to really go except the matrix within the matrix route, which we all would have been like "Ooooohhh shit!"

• 2Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
worse but more entertaining, so better

i had such high hopes for Jupiter Ascending, then heard it was awful, but decided to watch it anyway because i was hoping it would be entertaining-bad. it wasn't, it was just painful. i, personally, fear that this movie will be even worse than Jupiter Ascending. the potential pain is so much greater due to actual sentimental attachment to the source material (i was 13 when Matrix 1 came out, I was pretty hardcore into all 3 before I developed actual taste)

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
i had such high hopes for Jupiter Ascending, then heard it was awful, but decided to watch it anyway because i was hoping it would be entertaining-bad. it wasn't, it was just painful. i, personally, fear that this movie will be even worse than Jupiter Ascending. the potential pain is so much greater due to actual sentimental attachment to the source material (i was 13 when Matrix 1 came out, I was pretty hardcore into all 3 before I developed actual taste)

oh shit I got that mixed up with valarian, which I thought wasn't all that bad, never watch jupiter ascending

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I can see why people like Reloaded though.

it was great as an action movie, if you are able to ignore the boring parts between. the lore wasn't horrible yet at this point, it was just bad enough that at the time most fans thought "alright this is a bit rough but maybe you just have to get through this rough bit to get to the awesome conclusion when dealing with concepts like these" (yes, verbatim, all of us)

then 3 totally shit the bed with the lore and didn't even give us much good action to boot

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
oh shit I got that mixed up with valarian, which I thought wasn't all that bad, never watch jupiter ascending

oh lol yeah man, your reply still made sense but Jupiter Ascending is just SO bad that even that first reply was a bit suspect :D

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i do recommend Jupiter Ascending in a purely intellectual manner, it may be so bad that it can't even be watched in the cheesy B-movie sense, but it's still interesting in the sense of "how the fuck did a final product this awful even end up happening with a budget this big." do a lot of fast forwarding, but i think it DOES need to be experienced at least once for anyone who is interested enough in being disappointed by The Matrix to have read this thread this far.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Someone said it earlier...the biggest issue was that he turned into Superman at the end of the 1st movie. There was nowhere to really go except the matrix within the matrix route, which we all would have been like "Ooooohhh shit!"

In one of the unused scripts the scene in which Neo fights Smith plays out differently. Instead of all the Smiths just getting up over and over Neo is actually killing them. As the fight goes on the body count gets larger and larger and Smith draws in more and more of the city until it's a goddamn graveyard. Neo realizes how many innocent people are dying and what defeating the machines will cost and bails. His self-imposed exile takes him out of most of the remaining action as he tries to figure out what the fuck he's going to do.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
In one of the unused scripts the scene in which Neo fights Smith plays out differently. Instead of all the Smiths just getting up over and over Neo is actually killing them. As the fight goes on the body count gets larger and larger and Smith draws in more and more of the city until it's a goddamn graveyard. Neo realizes how many innocent people are dying and what defeating the machines will cost and bails. His self-imposed exile takes him out of most of the remaining action as he tries to figure out what the fuck he's going to do.

damn that's a lot better

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Well shit! That would have been fuckin epic!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Which was the one with Tom hanks playing a pict? That was from the tranny brothers I think. Tom banks with a horrible accent and a big white boat that patrolled around to rebuild civilization. It felt like a Kevin Costner movie. Not exactly good, but the right kind of thick schlock.

I think it might have been the only other movie of theirs I enjoyed. For all the wrong reasons, but that still counts.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

That is amazing and just the right amount of dark.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Which was the one with Tom hanks playing a pict? That was from the tranny brothers I think. Tom banks with a horrible accent and a big white boat that patrolled around to rebuild civilization. It felt like a Kevin Costner movie. Not exactly good, but the right kind of thick schlock.

I think it might have been the only other movie of theirs I enjoyed. For all the wrong reasons, but that still counts.
Cloud Atlas I think. It wasn’t terrible but I would never watch it again.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

My God, that would've been really fucking good.

• 1Like