The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
lets not go that far.

Keanu has definitely made some bombs lately.

John Wick has really kept him afloat though.

And I liked that one movie where he had a three-way with that bonkers-hot French actress who is in everything now and some other chick who I guess is Eli Roth's GF. I mainly liked it because I got to look at the bonkers-hot chicks for the entire runtime.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
i dunno if he means bombs as in bad movies, or movies that didnt make money. arnold made a few bad movies in his "prime", but they still made money. i really didnt like Raw Deal. i loved me some 80s Ahnuld, but i wasnt feeling it in that one. The Running Man isnt really a good movie, its funny as fuck, though. if you read the book it was based off of, then pissed you the fuck off too. the 80s was really the only time in the last 30 years where a correct adaption of that story could have been made. @Arbitrary what are the odds of a true adaption of The Running Man ever being made in our lifetime? or Rage? or The Long Walk? or Roadwork?

A great Running Man adaptation could be made using the Kyle Rittenhouse trial / Kenosha incident that caused it as metaphor and inspiration.

I don't think any major studio will do anything remotely pro-rightwing though.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Finally saw this in theatre. Surprisingly the theatre was pretty packed...considering the Covid restrictions. Movie sucked.

Production values were pretty bad. The whole Trinity swap with the Asian chick made no sense. The whole the two of them are "The One" now was pretty BS.

Fight scenes were shit. Dialogue was shit. Special effects were shit.

4/10

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 6 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Take a closer look at his imdb, he never stopped making shit movies. All John Wick did was drag his career out of limbo.
1640662440922.png

not great.. not terrible

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Take a closer look at his imdb, he never stopped making shit movies. All John Wick did was drag his career out of limbo.
You shut your whore mouth. Point Break is a fucking masterpiece and I still maintain that Chain Reaction is way underrated.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Yes. There's a whole pile of nothing in between 2006 and 2014. I forgot he was Klaatu. BAD movie.

Also a whole pile between then and how, too. Siberia! Replicas!

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I mean, even the original John Wick wasn't really hot box-office stuff at the time. It got good word of mouth, longevity in the secondary market, etc.. and thus provided the basis for the sequels actually earning money, not least by punching way above it's genre convention. But the original "retired assassin goes on revenge-killing spree" clearly wasn't something you'd go pitch to A-list actors and there're dozens (less inspired) movies humping that trope in one way or another released each year.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Oh my dear sweet god

11 minutes in and I'm facepalming and cringing hard.

The dialogue is so poorly delivered it's hard to watch, the "Combat" was so bad that it was comical, nuance is dead as FUUUCK, everything has to be plainly stated in a deadpan way. Good lord this is rough, I dunno if I can handle watching 2+ hours of this shit.

I'm 11 minutes in and I'm just checking out already..

Why the shit is blue hair hugging morpheus just after meeting him? like this is dumb as fuck.

Like I wanna watch this to see if it has ANY redeeming factors, I wanna see it for the:

200.gif

moments but holy shit this "movie" was made for TV at best.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
This film, I didn't think it was even remotely possible for a person to fuck up something this bad.

The lighting, the effects, the dialogue, the delivery are all garbage.

Lighting and effects are like they were done by a person JUST out of film school after they took their last effects class from community college. The "SLOW MOTION" effect on people is so low quality it is like this is some Made for SciFi channel d tier show.

The dialogue is just bad, there is nothing being said that has any impact at all and combine that with shit tier delivery and you have totally meaningless scenes driving you to another totally meaningless scene all for what payoff? YOU TOLD US THE END AT THE BEGINNING! But this isn't some god damn masterclass Tarantino film, this is trannies first film.

---

Full disclosure, I'm jogging thru this as I type this...

These lines have no weight HOLY FUCK.

"Think renovating a house, twice as long twice as expensive"...what the fuck?

Okay, So a major question any reasonable person would ask machine overlords. Why stay on Earth? If power generation and universal expansion are the things you are after, leaving earth and going to another planet or solar system is basically your best route. No pesky people fucking things up, your sentience is tied to a hive-mind of sorts so you don't have to worry about dying, you are basically Cylons of old. But no...instead of doing that, machines want to stay on earth, earning sub-par energy off biologicals.

---

Okay I'm at 1:58:11...I'm finishing this shit show. I've watched bad movies because my parents bought movies from Focus on the Family, but this shit is worse than ANY of that.

Like I'm legit thinking right now, that if we make Homosexuality illegal and purge the gays, maybe we can go another 500 years without shit like this being made. sorry Foler Foler .

I'm totally divorced from any thought of this even being a bad movie, this movie is terrible, I legit hope that no one walked out of this movie with anything but an acidic taste in their mouth.

Being that said...I'm finishing this shit show...

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I stand proud in my stance that I have not for the past 10 years and will not ever pay again for a "Hollywood" movie.

Next stance, not even wasting my time watching this shit.

but I guess even train wrecks can be entertaining? Ehh this film put that phrase to the test.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users