The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought Trinity died (again) at the end of Revolutions when their ship crashed.
She did.
But maybe, the machines rebooted the Matrix after Neo defeated Agent Smith and now she's alive (again).
I don't know, I only saw that movie once, back in 2003 and still can't remember 90% of it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
She did.
But maybe, the machines rebooted the Matrix after Neo defeated Agent Smith and now she's alive (again).
I don't know, I only saw that movie once, back in 2003 and still can't remember 90% of it.
Maybe they're just counting on the fact that nobody can stand to think too hard about Revolutions.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Or just go matrix within a matrix then you can retcon anything you want. Would even go all the way back in Reloaded like how he magically stopped the sentinels which was never explained or him seeing magical yellow after being blinded.

Fuck that shit was so bad they "kinda forgot" or didn't care enough to even explain it

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
How about this -

Start the story over. Introduce an entirely new cast of characters that are trying to figure out what the Matrix is with one of the early revelations being that this is the next iteration with the broader mystery being what the fuck happened from the end of Revolutions to now. You can have Neo teaching the next generation, some cameos from other legacy characters and have some other twists and turns along the way. The twist for film one is that this is a human-sponsored human-supported Matrix with some elements of humanity functioning as their own jailers. In addition to the planet being a hellscape barely able to support any life at all attempts to bring truth to the people even with machine support ended in a (simulated) apocalypse.

The larger plot the trilogy deals with are rumors that the machines plan to reverse the damage to the sky and fears that once they do they'll wipe out humanity. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hates leader to suffering, that kind of shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

The what now?

Mediocre MMO that came out like 15+ years ago. Here is a mini-doc on it.

Like the video points out, the biggest thing it did at the time was try to be a story MMO (which was pretty much unheard of when this launched)

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Asherons Call was a story MMO. Being part of that community in 1999-2002 was such an incredible experience.

Every month they rolled out a major update that introduced new story elements that would tie in to events in the game world.

There will never be another Darktide.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Christina Ricci has been in a ton of stuff, but I have only seen her in four other movies outside of Addams Family. They were decent enough (all of them are probably better than this Matrix abomination is going to be (actors cant save a shit movie, Cats also had a "star-studded cast")).

Black Snake Moan (with Samuel L Jackson):
76e8b2560a23a003acbcdaee5a48c149.gif

Monster (good biopic on an insane serial killer, but not something I would want to watch a second time):
en-00104053-0002.jpg

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (small part):
Review_233_Photo_2_-_Fear_and_Loathing_in_Las_Vegas_(Terry_Gilliam,_1998)_1000_420_90_c1.jpg

Sleepy Hollow:
357c19b9c362d3c1a498f26936e7958d.jpg

Didn't she also flash her 16 year old tits in American Beauty, or is that someone else?

Burns

Didn't she also flash her 16 year old tits in American Beauty, or is that someone else?

While I knew it wasn't Ricci in American Beauty, I had no idea what that girls name was. I remembered her from other stuff though, so I had to look it up. Her name is Mena Suvari and she was 20 in that movie (playing a 16 year old). She was also in the American Pie movies and Six Feet Under (with Dexter Morgan).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
While I knew it wasn't Ricci in American Beauty, I had no idea what that girls name was. I remembered her from other stuff though, so I had to look it up. Her name is Mena Suvari and she was 20 in that movie (playing a 16 year old). She was also in the American Pie movies and Six Feet Under (with Dexter Morgan).
Thora Birch.

I had just assumed both her and Suvari were 18+ but google says otherwise. What kind of parents let their 16 year old daughter go topless in a major hollywood movie?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Thora Birch.

I had just assumed both her and Suvari were 18+ but google says otherwise. What kind of parents let their 16 year old daughter go topless in a major hollywood movie?

Oh, I have only seen that movie once and didn't remember "the ugly one" showing that much skin.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Thora Birch.

There are super gross stories about Thora Birch's dad being an on set dad during sex scenes trying to coach her on how to look hotter. Definitely father of the year material.

• 1Barf
  • 1WTF

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean I'm not going to take one random opinion as meaning very much, but some movies are much more divisive and polarizing than others.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Telling me that the movie is weird, meta, ambitious and that the people that like it will really like it does not give me a ton of hope. I parse that as "hot mess with a bright spot or two."

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Telling me that the movie is weird, meta, ambitious and that the people that like it will really like it does not give me a ton of hope. I parse that as "hot mess with a bright spot or two."
no Agent Smith, No Moprhous parses as "hot mess" as well.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users