The Metal Thread

Sinnes_sl

shitlord
R.I.P Jeff.

My favorite Slayer song

-------------------

Band i've discovered or rediscovered recently and enjoy:

-
Feels like it was ages ago i listened to some Bodom!

-Perhaps my favorite from the new Ghost album, i wish the album was heavier overall though.

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
Anyone see this today? it's been a crazy few weeks for metallers
frown.png

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...94700A20130508

frown.png

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
This singer here is an old friend of mine. It's pretty experimental/prog/weird but I told him I would help his band get some attention.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Saw the San Diego Sheriff press release on it yesterday... totally did not see that coming. Him and his wife years ago had a blog about all their happy trips to Ethiopia to adopt a couple children. Pretty sure their kids are teenagers now. What a fucking weird thing to do.
Also the man behind Austrian Death Machine. Did he not learn anything from his extensive study of Arnold? You don't kill your wife, you just bang the ugliest human being you can find, and she leaves you and never talks to you again.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I didn't see that news on Tim Lambesis until today.. AILD is one of my favorite bands too, thats really fucked up
#RIP in pieces AILD
frown.png

frown.png

orcmauler

Golden Squire
I didn't see that news on Tim Lambesis until today.. AILD is one of my favorite bands too, thats really fucked up
#RIP in pieces AILD
frown.png

See this is why you can't trust Christians--metal bands included.

Just kidding, sucks as I am also a big fan--they (used to) put on a damn good live show as well.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Epic. I love the atmosphere in this band's songs.
Alcest are a good band, but they haven't grown since their debut. The two follow-ups are just that, follow-ups to the debut. No evolution in their music, sadly.

I love the blackgaze scene coming out of France, though. If you enjoy Alcest, check out "Torn Beyond Reason" by Woods of Desolation, or "Deer Twilight" by Cold Body Radiation.