The Metal Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Blind Guardian put out another song from their upcoming orchestral album, which is coming out on Nov. 8th.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Holy balls, this is an early 80's trip for sure. I'm trying to place the influences. Definitely Ozzy. Maybe some Iron Maiden as well. What else?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cleetus-Meetbeetus

<Silver Donator>
How about some Greek black metal love? It's hard to pick out favorite Rotting Christ tracks, so here's a random post of what I've been listening to lately:

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yup, sounds good so far. Also, Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat is a pretty solid debut album. I get a weird Primus vibe from it for some reason. Worth going back and giving it a listen if you haven't heard it for awhile.

The new Gatecreeper showed up in my subscriptions this morning. It's more doom than death.

Yeah wow Gatecreeper real good. Its like the best parts of Entombed + Obituary. Entire album is good.

For those unfamiliar Entombed are one of the bands that made Swedish Death Metal a thing.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
At the dallas sabaton show
834F2A9C-E3C7-458B-AE60-8FB62DCF4E69.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
At the exit111 festival in Manchester TN. Alien Weaponry was bad ass. Next up fever333, gojira and mastodon. Ok man Fever 333 sucked (RATM wannabes sounded like) but I was introduced to Alien Weaponry from New Zealand and super good show live. Ran into the bass player and singer over at another stage when Power Trip was playing and they were really chill and down to earth.

Last edited:

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Aftershock had a lot of great acts; Gojira, Rob Zombie, Tool, Manson, Slipknot. Bunch of lesser known bands like Spirit Adrift, BRKN Love, Fire From The Gods, etc. Super good through all three days. Maximum lulz for half the festival leaving before Blink 182 came on as "headliner" for Saturday. Rob Zombie tore that shit up

• 1Like