The Metal Thread

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Don't feel bad, Astro! ( Chukzombi Chukzombi , LOL)

That's something I have a hard time with when it comes to metal. I have a really hard time getting into metal that sounds like you shoved an entire meatloaf into a garbage disposal.

I just tell myself it's a lot of people trying to sound like Lemmy, and failing.

This kind of shoehorns into Mastodon, too, IMHO. They've changed a lot RE: vocals, and while some people hate it, I like the change. But that's just me. Some people want Remission 2.0 (which I like, but still). I'm just impressed that I still like stuff like "March of the Fire Ants" when I'm not really a big fan of 'angry white guy throat singing'

And it's weird...the track @Rush posted above...I kind of wish the vocals were a little 'harder'.

Unrelated: find something wrong with this cover.

I think Gina had an orgasm at the end (EDIT: I know I did)

eh i dont feel bad. they had the cookie monster metal when i was a kid too. canibal corpses was the big cookie monster band at the time. i know some people really dig that. but i'm in the Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson category of metal. and people trying to be Lemmy should know there is or was only one Lemmy. listen to the Air Heads soundtrack. Ice-T tried really really hard to do Lemmy and he fell flat on his face and sounded like a fag.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This was the best mashup (parody really) band. Saw them live, they’re actually pretty talented. Bought them beers after the show, they sat with us for a bit.

And I just saw they have some new stuff!

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This was the best mashup (parody really) band. Saw them live, they’re actually pretty talented. Bought them beers after the show, they sat with us for a bit.

And I just saw they have some new stuff!

Friend of mine came across these guys 15 or so years ago, they do a fantastic job. I could never get past the vocals though, like it was just too much with the inflection mimicking Hetfield.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Friend of mine came across these guys 15 or so years ago, they do a fantastic job. I could never get past the vocals though, like it was just too much with the inflection mimicking Hetfield.
Yeah I get it. When we met them they asked if we were fans of the headliners. I told them we’d never heard of the headliners we had come to see them (which was true) and they were blown away. They said they barely have any fans and no one really gets the joke but they didn’t care cause it was funny to them. They were so stoked we liked them lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I get it. When we met them they asked if we were fans of the headliners. I told them we’d never heard of the headliners we had come to see them (which was true) and they were blown away. They said they barely have any fans and no one really gets the joke but they didn’t care cause it was funny to them. They were so stoked we liked them lol
How do you not get it? Seriously some of the best mash ups I've ever heard. Music and lyrics.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
never heard it before. not bad. good old 80s metal still delivering

and yet another one i never heard before.
i had one Raven album as a kid, it was Stay Hard, never heard from them again so i assumed they were just a one and done band. the record company just screwed them from making videos.
good doc on the band.

Last edited:

Cleetus-Meetbeetus

<Silver Donator>
This album has been running the heat fan overtime on my little A/B power amp. Well written, well performed, wide ranging styles within the Goth genre.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was a good page (124 for me), but it also continues to show that most metal simply sucks, imo. I appreciate Hateyou Hateyou posting Curse of the Cloth by Grip Inc., I remember that song and it is great. Then Lunis Lunis mentions The Deftones, a once favorite band that has since become shit, not sure why as my favorite song of theirs, My Own Summer, sound similar to a lot of their other/newer stuff.. sorta. Yet, I dislike them.

Then Erronius Erronius posts a cover of Mouth for War by Pantera performed by various people, which made me think of the Far Beyond Driven album, which is a classic for me. By the way, the only thing wrong with that cover is Lizzy Hale singing, she sucks for that particular song. The bassist though.. mm hmm.

Which made me recall a song posted here quite sometime ago, made by Tony Iommi and Phil Anselmo:

So, I guess I just like heavy, clean sounding metal with a fantastic riff. Post more of such stuff. Linking Curse of the Cloth again just because it deserves it.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Came across these guys a few months ago. Haven't gotten around to giving any of their albums a full listen, but am enjoying what I've heard so far.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This was a good page (124 for me), but it also continues to show that most metal simply sucks, imo. I appreciate Hateyou Hateyou posting Curse of the Cloth by Grip Inc., I remember that song and it is great. Then Lunis Lunis mentions The Deftones, a once favorite band that has since become shit, not sure why as my favorite song of theirs, My Own Summer, sound similar to a lot of their other/newer stuff.. sorta. Yet, I dislike them.
Then Erronius Erronius posts a cover of Mouth for War by Pantera performed by various people, which made me think of the Far Beyond Driven album, which is a classic for me. By the way, the only thing wrong with that cover is Lizzy Hale singing, she sucks for that particular song. The bassist though.. mm hmm.

Which made me recall a song posted here quite sometime ago, made by Tony Iommi and Phil Anselmo:

So, I guess I just like heavy, clean sounding metal with a fantastic riff. Post more of such stuff. Linking Curse of the Cloth again just because it deserves it.

Fear Factory has a few albums that may fit your taste. Demanufacture and Mechanize have some kick ass stuff. Demanufacture was ahead of its time IMO, got missed by a lot of metal heads.

Mechanize has some amazing drumming, sets that album apart.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

Every once in awhile I swing by and listen to this album and can't believe it was all fucking B-Sides, this song has such a fantastic riff, and the lyrics are hilarious.

• 1Like