The Metal Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll check them out! The names mostly sound familiar but I don't think I actually listened to any of them before.

Amon Amarth is amazing live. I've always said they're one band that really always put out the music they liked and never faltered. Their stuff is always good.

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
New Insomnium! Guitarist from Omnium Gatherum is playing for them now.

Going to see Tesseract/Intronaut/Katatonia/Cult of Luna on Friday can't wait!

Murf

Trakanon Raider

Couldn't pick just one so here's an album.

And some southern inspired local hard rock. Used to be fond of hurling BBQ chicken into the crowd.

Murf

Trakanon Raider
Another band I didn't see mentioned, first the track that turned me onto them..

One off of their 2nd

To their latest, which I just heard the other day.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
That was some of the most boring, formulaic metal I've ever heard lol.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I remember seeing these guys when I was like 19. We we're getting shitty on benchmark whiskey that we lifted from some jackass' party. My friend was suppose to meet up with some 26 year old slag in the bar and we had no idea who was playing. I had a full beard and hair past my shoulders so I got in no problem but mi amigo was clean shaven and the door guy turned him down. 15 seconds later a fist fight broke out and the doorkeep ran over to stop it, so he sneaked. I was blown away by these guys. They loaded the entire back wall up with double stacks and you could feel the nerves in your teeth vibrating. Heaviest thing i've ever seen.

Dude met up with the girl but got tossed out and banned for life (which was about 2 years when the bar closed down) and she ended up getting railed by 2 guys from the opening band in their econo-van.

Long story but this album always reminds me of the not-giving-a-fuck late teens/early 20's and makes me all nostalgic.

Nxs_sl

shitlord
Some tracks from black metal bands hailing from Dutch soil.

Unlord - Angel of Fire

Carach Angren - The Funerary Dirge of a Violinist

Urfaust - Vom Gesicht und R?tsel

Urfaust is not your typical BM band but I think they're brilliant.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Our forum member Vittra(vocals) released a new CD with a side project, since he didn't post it I will. CD currently sold out, but digital download still or sale.

Biography
Launched in 2012, SOLIUM FATALIS (Latin for "Fated Throne" ) Initiated from the mind of one Jim Gregory(guitar). Jim contacted Dirk Verbeuren(drums, Soilwork, Scarve, Bent Sea etc) who took on the drumming duties for the band. That set the wheels in motion to recruit Ehren Hill (Excrecor) for engineering at his infamous IRON HILL Studio in New Hampshire. Dirk brought bassist, Loic Colin from Scarve. Excrecor guitarist/frontman Jeff DeMarco rounded out the group on Vocals. With all the pieces in place, it became necessary to recruit THE best metal engineer in the biz Fredrik Nordstrom at Studio Fredman who handled the Mixing and Mastering of their Debut Album. Artwork was done by Septicflesh Vocalist/Bassist and exceptional artist Seth Siro Anton. This crushing release is sure to impress. Album available now! CD and Digital!

Description
Buy album Digital and CD(available atDiscover and Buy Indie Music CDs, MP3s. FLAC, and Vinyl | CD Baby Music Store
) NOW on iTunes, Google Play, Amazon.com, Spotify, nearly EVERY digital media market has it, please buy SOLIUM FATALIS. All proceeds go to the artists!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
New Fates Warning album is easily their best work since Parallels. Hell, it's some of the best prog metal since then, period.

Astennu

Lord Nagafen Raider
New Fates Warning album is easily their best work since Parallels. Hell, it's some of the best prog metal since then, period.
Props sir. Always good to see a Fates fan...not enough of us out there. The new record is great. Will finally get to see them live at the end of November. Cannot wait.

Still my favorite FW song: