The Mummy (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
this movie is a great Saturday night, I've seen everything and there are no good Bollywood flicks on Netflix so I might as well watch this.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So... Brendan Fraiser did a movie better than Tom Cruise?

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You guys are crazy, hes shown rnge tons of times

Interview with the vampire
Vanilla Sky
Last Samurai
Tropic Thunder
Jerry Maguire
Magnolia
Collateral
Born on the 4th of july

Collateral was sick, everyone who has seen it was shocked it was Tom Cruise in the role.

He really tore that down.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Collateral was sick, everyone who has seen it was shocked it was Tom Cruise in the role.

He really tore that down.
Collateral was Tom Cruise' best movie.

unless you like gay volleyball.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've watched top gun more than any movie
tumblr_mcaarqzrfu1qauvggo1_500.gif

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
wow that gif clearly shows his front middle tooth.
I had a friend point that out 10 years ago or so. Might as well have a gigantic flashing arrow pointing to it because that's all I see now.

Ladro

Anomaly
Saw it this morning. Boring as fuck and not worth anyone's money or time. All of the action set pieces were pretty "meh" and uninteresting. I'd say the only good part was the plane scene that's in the trailer. Universal pretty much shit the bed trying to create a universe like Marvel or DC.

Why the fuck did they include the book of Amun Ra as an easter egg? The story was so uninspired and having Dr. Jekyll in it just made me laugh and roll my eyes when he Hyde'd out. Disappointed, could have been so much better.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Eh. I saw this movie tonight, despite the fact I usually avoid Tom Cruise these days. I really didn't think it was that bad. It's nothing groundbreaking or award winning, but for a mainstream movie I thought it was pleasant summer fare. It was undoubtedly corny at times, and it could have been done better, but I don't feel it was a waste of money.

I will wholly agree, though, Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde was laaaaaaaaaame! What kind of Hyde is that? He was kinda laughable. Crowe doesn't seem to fit the part. It's not good when you get outdone by League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

When Tom turns into Set it was anti climatic...come on, can't we get a taste of the next movie at least?

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Collateral was Tom Cruise' best movie.

unless you like gay volleyball.

Definitely.

Shout out to Lestat too. Tom said thats the one role he had a lot of fun with and would love to see another movie made with the character, but nobody had a script worth a shit and the 2nd abortion adaptation they put out tanked the franchise. He was pretty disappointed.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This movie was fine. Just fine. Not great. Not terrible. Just fine. It could have been scarier. It could have been funnier. It could have had more action. It's kind of like they couldn't decide if they were making a comedy, a horror, or an action movie, so they just tossed everything into a blender.

That said, it was still enjoyable to watch. The fact that it's getting such bad critic scores just reinforces my belief that critics are miserable human beings.

I didn't mind Mr. Hyde at all. I thought it was a neat portrayal, and I"m glad they did CGI it up with a hulk-like creature. I was hoping we'd see some Hyde-on-Mummy action at one point.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
It came in 2nd to Wonder Woman, but Wonder Woman is going strong so while not good it could be worse and be Baywatch or King Arthur movie that got dumped to make room for this.
Foreign however it has racked up 139 million to go with the 12 million domestic first day. ( In release 4 days foreign btw )
With a 125 million budget and already $151 million in ticket sales, this movie should end up profitable. The concerning factor is advertisement. It seemed rather well advertised which may add considerable expense.

• 1Picard

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I was really hoping to see Hyde fight her. I didn't want him to be Hulk level silly, but I felt he was underwhelming...I.E. Tom just fighting him like a normal guy more or less.

This movie was fine. Just fine. Not great. Not terrible. Just fine. It could have been scarier. It could have been funnier. It could have had more action. It's kind of like they couldn't decide if they were making a comedy, a horror, or an action movie, so they just tossed everything into a blender.

That said, it was still enjoyable to watch. The fact that it's getting such bad critic scores just reinforces my belief that critics are miserable human beings.

I didn't mind Mr. Hyde at all. I thought it was a neat portrayal, and I"m glad they did CGI it up with a hulk-like creature. I was hoping we'd see some Hyde-on-Mummy action at one point.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Worse. [than BvS/Suicide squad]

That's some gross exaggeration right there. It wasn't that bad - it had nice sets, decent action, and the plot wasn't complete nonsense.

I agree that Russell Crowe was absolutely terrible though.
As far as i can tell, turning into Hyde made him yellow and slightly less evil, unless you count how bad his accent was as deliberate evil 8).
It's a particular sore point because it made me remember the show Jekyll and how much better it was ;p

I thought that they overexplained stuff as well - I prefer a bit of ambiguity in motivations.

Anyways, different people have different opinions, I'd say the trailer pretty much says it all though - the movie is just more of the same. If you liked the trailer it's probably worth watching, if you didn't, it isn't.