The Netflix Thread

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
And I don't think those two are mutually exclusive. Ryan Reynolds is extremely good at playing himself.

What I'm hearing is Reynolds is so fucking funny they put his literal self in movies, and then have him be him.

Yeah, I'm completely ok with this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure what him winning an Oscar has to do with him accepting every time with a paycheck
I meant early on there was some discretion in what roles he took, although being a Coppola no doubt helped him out. These days he doesn't really have a choice as he's up to his eyeballs in debt and lucky he hasn't been forced to declare bankruptcy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i don't think cage is in debt anymore, however he's said multiple times in interviews that if he isn't working he becomes extremely self destructive (probably drugs) so i can see how the rigors of working and being the full center of attention of hundreds of people 100% of the time is way better than chilling at home having your latest young wife side eye you and wondering how hard it is to get away with murder.

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
i don't think cage is in debt anymore, however he's said multiple times in interviews that if he isn't working he becomes extremely self destructive (probably drugs) so i can see how the rigors of working and being the full center of attention of hundreds of people 100% of the time is way better than chilling at home having your latest young wife side eye you and wondering how hard it is to get away with murder.

pig was one of the best movies of the last half decade

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

At the very least he has a giant alcohol problem. There's always stories about his drunken episodes in Vegas. They're never even crazy or funny, just sad

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I meant early on there was some discretion in what roles he took, although being a Coppola no doubt helped him out. These days he doesn't really have a choice as he's up to his eyeballs in debt and lucky he hasn't been forced to declare bankruptcy.

Yup. So much discretion in those early days...;)

1636165767216.png

Raes

Vyemm Raider
A popular comedy and a very significant financial success.

I'm sure if you look harder you could find an actual bomb from his Coppola phase.

Just thought it was funny that when I read your post it was the movie that popped in my head. Not that it was bad, just "discretion --> Valley Girl" (lol), hence the wink.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
At the very least he has a giant alcohol problem. There's always stories about his drunken episodes in Vegas. They're never even crazy or funny, just sad

One day he is going to be found dead, that saddens me and when that day comes I will feel a sense of loss however I think we all know that that day is coming;

"Acadamy Award winner and cult film icon Nicolas "Coppola" Cage was found dead..."

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
One day we're all going to be found dead.
not tom cruise or keanu reeves

early nic cage stories are wild too, i was listening to a podcast on nightmare on elm street backstory and its johnny depps first role. depps first wife dumped him and hooked up with cage. cage and depp became good friends, depp was in a band and wanted to be a rockstar but cage convinced him to try out for nightmare and he got the part because the director/writers daughter thought he was the cutest man she ever saw. depps band dumped him because he was busy shooting the movie, so he decided to stick with acting and got 21 jump street (TV) part next.

i can just imagine what mid 80s hollywood was like with all these young breakfast club, schwarzenegger, stallone, movie and TV star people all hanging out doing cocaine and heroin and never sleeping

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
not tom cruise or keanu reeves

early nic cage stories are wild too, i was listening to a podcast on nightmare on elm street backstory and its johnny depps first role. depps first wife dumped him and hooked up with cage. cage and depp became good friends, depp was in a band and wanted to be a rockstar but cage convinced him to try out for nightmare and he got the part because the director/writers daughter thought he was the cutest man she ever saw. depps band dumped him because he was busy shooting the movie, so he decided to stick with acting and got 21 jump street (TV) part next.

i can just imagine what mid 80s hollywood was like with all these young breakfast club, schwarzenegger, stallone, movie and TV star people all hanging out doing cocaine and heroin and never sleeping
Prolly something akin to a passel of mandingos running a train on folders asshole.

Caliane

Nobody sleeps in the woods tonight 2.

saw the first a while back. don't remember too much about it. basic alien goo creates mutant slashers. (apparently psuedo immortal?)
This one... picks up right after. some baffling things in this.
survivor of the first, gets almost immediately infected, which is one of those, oh wow thats dark..
but then halfway... this movie just goes off in the most bizarre direction. hard to even think of a movie that takes such a radical shift on direction, tone, etc.

in general, not really recommend. good gore effects, etc. and the "twist" is just so strange. might be interesting for someone that watches ALOT of horror, etc, to try and just think about the process of writing, direction, etc... to result in this..

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Nobody sleeps in the woods tonight 2.

saw the first a while back. don't remember too much about it. basic alien goo creates mutant slashers. (apparently psuedo immortal?)
This one... picks up right after. some baffling things in this.
survivor of the first, gets almost immediately infected, which is one of those, oh wow thats dark..
but then halfway... this movie just goes off in the most bizarre direction. hard to even think of a movie that takes such a radical shift on direction, tone, etc.

in general, not really recommend. good gore effects, etc. and the "twist" is just so strange. might be interesting for someone that watches ALOT of horror, etc, to try and just think about the process of writing, direction, etc... to result in this..

Yeah I'm with you on this. Part 2 was just odd, disjointed and nonsensical. Part 1 was decent but not really memorable. Decent enough though if you like horror movies (the first, not the second)

• 1Like