The Netflix Thread

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
IDK if anyone watches Korean Dramas but Bulgasal has been pretty fuckin spot on - Im not sure its a drama or fantasy but its good shit

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I just watched The Colony. It was boring garbage. Every man in the movie was a villain except for the lead's father. You knew who the bad guy was as soon as you met the character. The plot was paper thin and poorly constructed. The premise had some promise, but was terribly executed.

Also:

When the lead meets the first surviving Keplar astronaut, she seems to just accept his welcome like all is well. Um, bitch, you were just on the wrong side of a slave raid on a local innocent community where you saw the dead bodies in the aftermath, aren't you a little suspicious as to what the fuck is going on?

Also, in the final confrontation on the weather beacon, the bad guy turns slightly and shoots another woman. The lead had 80 years to kill the bad guy at that point.

I am also on Episode 3 of Alice in Borderlands. It is a parallel dimension Squid Games if it had a lobotomy. All the characters are dumb as a stone: "Could it be the local or Federal government doing this to us? Could it be an EMP?" Jesus Christ who wrote this? The acting is terrible, there is a time limit to the Games and the characters spend long shots looking at each other and contemplating their navels before finally moving frantically. Every part of the games so far came down to the last second every time and that is just dumb. All the characters are imminently unlikeable and I want them all to die. I AM curious as to what is behind it all. I had the same feeling about the High-Rise Invasion anime on Netflix but I could not suffer watching Japanese girls fight their way through it.

Feb 12 Edit - I fast forwarded through most of 2 episodes. It is not getting any better. Also, one of the characters wore a business outfit with dress shirt and skirt and heels to the games. They had 3 days between games, and she had a gap before she originally joined the cast too. How about putting on some sweatpants and runners?

A guy hurts his leg and they form a makeshift crutch with ski poles and cords and shit. There is an entire unpopulated city, pretty sure you could find some real fucking crutches. And some pain killers/meds.

The writers of this show are retarded.

Last edited:

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Asians got the zombie genre on lock down lately.

Train to Busan
One Cut of the Dead
Kingdom
All of Us are Dead
I watched Train to Busan and loved it. Right now I am working my way throuh 'All of Us are Dead'. My brother and I have been watching it one episode a day, and its really good.

spronk

FPS noob
well damn, all the Marvel Netflix shows are leaving Netflix on March 1st lol

i just need to finish Daredevil s3 and Punisher 1 & 2 and i'll be done. really enjoyed Daredevil, Punisher (so far), Defenders is pretty skippable but only 1 season, and Jessica Jones has its highs and lows. Didn't bother with Luke Cage or Iron Fist.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
well damn, all the Marvel Netflix shows are leaving Netflix on March 1st lol

i just need to finish Daredevil s3 and Punisher 1 & 2 and i'll be done. really enjoyed Daredevil, Punisher (so far), Defenders is pretty skippable but only 1 season, and Jessica Jones has its highs and lows. Didn't bother with Luke Cage or Iron Fist.
I thought I had read someplace that those Netflix shows were permanent fixtures on NFLX.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I just watched The Colony. It was boring garbage. Every man in the movie was a villain except for the lead's father. You knew who the bad guy was as soon as you met the character. The plot was paper thin and poorly constructed. The premise had some promise, but was terribly executed.

Also:

When the lead meets the first surviving Keplar astronaut, she seems to just accept his welcome like all is well. Um, bitch, you were just on the wrong side of a slave raid on a local innocent community where you saw the dead bodies in the aftermath, aren't you a little suspicious as to what the fuck is going on?

Also, in the final confrontation on the weather beacon, the bad guy turns slightly and shoots another woman. The lead had 80 years to kill the bad guy at that point.

I am also on Episode 3 of Alice in Borderlands. It is a parallel dimension Squid Games if it had a lobotomy. All the characters are dumb as a stone: "Could it be the local or Federal government doing this to us? Could it be an EMP?" Jesus Christ who wrote this? The acting is terrible, there is a time limit to the Games and the characters spend long shots looking at each other and contemplating their navels before finally moving frantically. Every part of the games so far came down to the last second every time and that is just dumb. All the characters are imminently unlikeable and I want them all to die. I AM curious as to what is behind it all. I had the same feeling about the High-Rise Invasion anime on Netflix but I could not suffer watching Japanese girls fight their way through it.

Feb 12 Edit - I fast forwarded through most of 2 episodes. It is not getting any better. Also, one of the characters wore a business outfit with dress shirt and skirt and heels to the games. They had 3 days between games, and she had a gap before she originally joined the cast too. How about putting on some sweatpants and runners?

A guy hurts his leg and they form a makeshift crutch with ski poles and cords and shit. There is an entire unpopulated city, pretty sure you could find some real fucking crutches. And some pain killers/meds.

The writers of this show are retarded.
I have to reply to myself. I am close to the end of this Alice show and, seriously, it may have the worst writing of anything of all time, including every bad B movie you have ever watched.

They managed to slip in an actual trans moment just to put the icing on this wonderous cake.

spronk

FPS noob
Bioshock the movie coming to Netflix

not the project The Rock was talking about, i think that was microsoft

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wish Sandler could make a good comedy but his dramas are obviously much better than anything he's done in who knows how long

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Probably Disney since they already put DD characters in the new movies.

They could make new Punisher and Daredevil seasons or use the characters in other shows but I don't think they'll be able to air the Netflix stuff.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
LeBron James gets a producer credit.

Fuck off, you pathetic piece of shit Chinese shill. You will not be anything beyond basketball, no matter how many backs you attempt to ride.

James, you could have been someone that a nation and a world could have respected. You could have stood up for true racial cooperation, instead you stoked division and lined your pockets with foreign money. I hope some day it all comes back to bite you in the ass.

For this reason alone I will never glance at this movie.

• 5Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 5 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Bioshock the movie coming to Netflix

not the project The Rock was talking about, i think that was microsoft

cant wait for them to make Atlas into a hero fight the evil capitalist society. Andrew Ryan did nothing wrong

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I just finished watching Hellbound. It is a 6 episode series but there is no thread for it in the TV section so I will post here.

It was worlds better than Alice in Borderlands but it was no Squid Games.

The first episodes were pretty good, but when the original main character is no longer in the show (cop) it gets a little worse. It was slow in the middle but the last episode was decent and the cliff hanger actually makes me interested to see where the premise is heading.

I don't think I would highly recommend it, but it was not a waste of my time at least.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My wife likes the post apocalyptic shit, so we turned on Last Man Down. Holy fuck. It was like The Room meets Commando, with none of the fun or charisma.

The plot makes no sense, the premise of the virus is never explained or even a part of the film other than quasi-mentioned a few times. The dialogue has this musclehead constantly saying "deep" shit all the time randomly like stubbing his toe and going "life is pain but we all do the best we can to move through it". Its so cringy yet so common I told my wife this horrible actor HAD to have written it. Looked it up - yep cowriter. At one point they go down a "mineshaft" that looks like any ole random hospital hall. Seriously?

Netflix is getting super desperate. Save 90 minutes of your life.