The Netflix Thread

Caliane

tv series, but didn't want to start a thread on it as no idea wtf is going
started this up. ooph this is rough.

z grade schlock. How does this shit get made?

Basically yet another justice league but GRITTY remake without the license. mid-low budget, HORRIBLE acting. some interest in what they do with their clearly very low budget. like, its horrible.. but the fx crew is punching above their budget. although possibly to an obnoxious level.

Its arguably comparable to Iron Sky/turbokid. Its trying real hard to be mega camp.

But I just don't get it. Ok, you want to make a justice league parody/satire/deconstruction. there have been THOUSANDS of those. Can you at least TRY to be creative?
nope. its just superman, batman, aquaman, even make a talk to fishes joke... ffs.. the flash, black canary, green arrow, captain marvel..

hey, when Marvel wanted to rip off the Justice league, they made the fucking Avengers. when they riped off doom patrol, they made the Xmen.
not fucking 1:1 counterparts.

"the speed" watching superman kill himself live, and just standing there. lol. you.. you going to be a superhero and do something while he holds that gun? no? ok.

still on episode 1. so, idk, maybe it does turn around. its possible it's just this first episode that is so uncreative.

edit: epi 3 now. it just gets worse as it goes. editing gets even worse.

Last edited:

Caliane

giant wtf. looking at the imdb trying to figure out how it was made.
3 writers. 5 directors.
1 creator credit.
Adi Shanker gets creator/writer/directing credits. he also acts.. I did recognize him when he showed up as not Lex.

he is a giant weirdo. produced Dredd, Castlevania, etc. he's the guy most known for trying to get a Dredd 2.

so this trainwreck has got to be largely on him.

other note is 2 producers.
notably Erick Geisler
This guy produced, and was visual effects supervisor. A long list of credits for visual effects over the years. clearly an effects guy, in charge.
so, he might be a big reason for the insanity on the fx side.

spronk

FPS noob
i think its supposed to be some sorta MST3K bait or something, its like purposely made to look like garbage and shit actors, effects, etc. there is an audience for that kinda stuff and they love it

anyways

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

i think its supposed to be some sorta MST3K bait or something, its like purposely made to look like garbage and shit actors, effects, etc. there is an audience for that kinda stuff and they love it
yeah, Idk. I've seen alot of bad stuff on amazon, sci-fi. this is odd duck for sure.

what I said it got worse as it goes. man, its even worse now.. like every episode is more terrible. on every level. Even the fx compliments of "well they are trying hard" are lost. its a mess. what seemed like it was an over the top artsy choice, now seems like they were just throwing everything that popped into their heads at once. there was no choice involved. every retarded idea that came to them.

this isnt like iron sky. which has vision. turbo kid, which isnt the best at it, but again is not awful. its not even sharknado, what knows what it is.
this is like someone incompetent watched Scott pilgrim and tried to do it with Watchmen.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

So hyped for this
Incredibly torn on this. I like many of the actors (Gillian, KMK, Duchovny), completely despise many others (Pascal, McKinnon, that weird SNL guy I don't know the name of, etc.). Furthermore, Judd Apatow is literally one of the biggest pieces of shit in Hollywood.

So yeah. Guess I'll give Screamfeeder some metrics via torrenting instead of watching it on Netflix.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

looks like another, Hollywood is in love with itself movie. and if that wasn't enough, democrats. its movie about making a movie during covid, and going stircrazy. with some unfunny snl and Seattle crew comedians. ...yeah.

idk. how about go outside?

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
giant wtf. looking at the imdb trying to figure out how it was made.
3 writers. 5 directors.
1 creator credit.
Adi Shanker gets creator/writer/directing credits. he also acts.. I did recognize him when he showed up as not Lex.

he is a giant weirdo. produced Dredd, Castlevania, etc. he's the guy most known for trying to get a Dredd 2.

so this trainwreck has got to be largely on him.

other note is 2 producers.
notably Erick Geisler
This guy produced, and was visual effects supervisor. A long list of credits for visual effects over the years. clearly an effects guy, in charge.
so, he might be a big reason for the insanity on the fx side.
I love it for the insanity. The Trex with lasers in Syria and Mecha Hitler had me dying.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
^^^

Not so sure how I feel about that show, I had seen the Grosjean crash and fire when it happened.

Then to see the way that it was edited for the show, making it look like he was inside the burning car for several minutes. They actually used shots of the other racers back in their team garages watching the incident ( clearly just footage of drivers watching later replays , edited into the 'live' footage )

Which is totally un-needed. In fact I have made a point of explaining to non-F1 people that he survived due to a few very lucky factors, primary being the halo device that stopped his head taking the impact of armco barrier as his car punched through. He'd have died on impact in a car from a few years earlier. Safety tub he was sitting in meant his legs didn't break, allowing him to get himself out.

Jesus just do that, explain those sorts of facts via CGI reconstruction of the events.

• 1Picard

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So youre upset that a show about the drama and realities of F1 racing, showed the drama and realities of the sport and how dangerous it can be? Gotcha..

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
You say: realities.

That's where my issue lays. They stretched every bit of footage out to make the incident play out how they wanted. Even using their own purpose made 'live' commentary to suit the edit.

• 1Salty

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Grosjean crash and survival was dramatic enough without playing loose with the facts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Simple point I wanted to make, I didn't expect such animosity from . . . umm . . . hang on.
first time GIF

• 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hey listen guys. There's this docuseries that Chronicles formula 1. Seems like a great idea. Cool. Race cars and girls and money and germans on scooters. But let me tell you something. I watched all of Fornula 1 this past season and I cant believe they didn't just show clips of things that happened on TV. I mean... how outrageous? People just want to see what they already saw with no exposition, insight, or interviews from the parties involved. It's common sense. I cant believe this show got a season 4. OCCUPY MONTE CARLO!!!

• 2Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I've also found the F1 series grating this year. Maybe it was because the racing season itself had so much drama. I'm finding it annoying how basically every single instance of anything gets blown a billion times out of proportion and the editing of the show itself has become self-referential and obsequious. I don't need to see Horner's kids being held at gunpoint saying "DADDY I HOPE THE REDS WIN!!! REALLY I DO LOVE LEWWWEISZZ!" Fuck off with that. And I'm sure that Toto loves his kids a little less than he loves pussy and coke and money. So fuck off with that storyline too.

Anyhoo, I found Netflix' notification that my account cost was increasing a bit too much of a fuck-you. I can't remember a time (cable TV?) when a company felt so entitled to my money without providing additional value. So, inspired by their comment that I was welcome to go and fuck myself if I didn't like their charge increase, I downgraded my basically useless UHD package to the standard HD package. So now they are getting less of my money than they would have got if they just left me the fuck alone. I think I've watched maybe 3 UHD programs on Netflix.

I'm salty today. But I don't really care about anything I wrote nearly to the extent that it probably seems.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

been toying with the idea of pausing my netflix sub for 8-9 months of the year every year and this makes that decision a lot easier. Price hike to $20, lack of any new good original content, and massive loss of a lot of legacy content while increasing their price makes their service my least watched streaming service now. Which is kinda nuts, it used to be 90%+ of my stream time just a year ago.

but then I burned through all the content they had - Friends, Office, Marvel shows, etc - and all the good stuff has now moved off netflix to a million other streaming sites. Its too bad, they have the best user interface bar none but their original content is utter dogshit, they are raising the prices crazy, losing old content too fast, and now they wanna crack down on family sharing.

i even checked their website today, pretty easy to pause (cancel button at top of account) and they say they will keep profiles/viewing history for 10 months, although who really gives a shit about that

• 1Like
  • 1Clown World