The Netflix Thread

Juvarisx

Florida
Still seems like a good deal to me. Now I can give my sister $24 a year and have Netflix just like it was my own account.

Yea we split our account with both my wife and my parents so even with this change it will still be $8 a month for each of the 3 households which is still quite a good deal. This change I imagine must be to prevent 1 password per floor of a college dorm for example, but for just a few households its still makes Netflix one of the better streaming deals even at the "premium" tier

spronk

FPS noob
I think an extra $2/mo is in places like asia or S America where netflix itself costs like $3/mo, it'll probably cost more in NA/EU per extra account, eventually ramping up to just a regular sub price since otherwise everyone will just start sharing netflix accounts if its way cheaper

anyways adam sandler + uncut gems + pokemon?

Goatface

have never had a netflix streaming account. how many screens can be used at the same time? tried to search, but found either 4 or 20.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
have never had a netflix streaming account. how many screens can be used at the same time? tried to search, but found either 4 or 20.

You can pay more for more screens. My sister is pretty free with her account and there's been times when I've tried to watch and it said the maximum number of screens were already in use.

spronk

FPS noob

tier 1 basic 720p tier is just 1 screen at a time this is the one that will do ads soon
tier 2 1080p tier supports 2 screens at a time
tier 3 the only 4k version allows 4 screens at any one time

there is a difference between sub accounts, you can have a TON of those, but only 1, 2, or 4 can be streaming at once depending on the plan. Its $10/mo for tier 1 ($7 ads), $15 tier 2, $20 tier 3. Only tier 1 will discount for ads, the other two won't have that option.

i'd expect when they finally roll out charging more for sharing accounts in NA the cost will be closer to $5-8/mo for extra accounts, not $2

We have like 4 houses across the country sharing "my" netflix account but we've never had an issue where someone is blocked from watching, helps different time zones and interests.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am enjoying a new Netflix series.

The Bastard Son and the Devil himself

It has a The Magicians Vibe with a little Harry Potter. Its better than a lot of the more recent Magic based teenage shows that have been recently shown. It has its dark moments. What I do enjoy is that it keeps trucking along with very little filler at least to the 4th episode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Been a while since s1 but I remember it being pretty good. Will watch

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wasnt bad, not as good as the first but still enjoyable. Mini credit scene that was interesting.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I know we all are going to watch this. Mainly just to look at her awful face work.

• 1Dislike

Goatface

Netflix has introduced a new account management page called "Manage Access and Devices" that gives users the ability to remove access privileges from specific devices. The feature is available on the web and in the streaming service's Android and iOS apps.

Previously, users could see a list of devices that had recently accessed their accounts, and they could revoke access to all devices simultaneously, but they could not revoke access on a case-by-case basis.

Each item in the list of devices will include an IP address-based location, a device type, and the user profile that most recently accessed Netflix from that device.

spronk

FPS noob
wednesday dropped today... on a wednesday

critics didn't love it

1669215164285.png

• 1EyeRoll