The Netflix Thread

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I was very much in the same boat. Didn't want to watch no Mary Sue woke garbage. Till my friend convinced me to give it a shot. For those interested in a good show, with great art, action scenes, story telling etc this is a great show. Give it a shot you might just be surprised,

• 1Barf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
This right here. I just got done watching this with my son over the last 2 days and this really is good shit to the point it honestly deserves its own thread.

i just started watching blue eye samurai and how the fuck are you watching it with your son, there is a shit ton of titties, sex, and dong in it. are you european lol

i like the show, i kinda zoned out in episode 1 and took a while to get back but the show definitely kicks into high gear in episode 5.

netflix also put up super mario bros this week, the lineup from WB is also just insane. The price hikes and no sharing shit is balls but i gotta say pound for pound netflix library is still the best value outside of building out your own plex server.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
i just started watching blue eye samurai and how the fuck are you watching it with your son, there is a shit ton of titties, sex, and dong in it. are you european lol
I'm not watching any anime shit but this has been an ongoing problems for a few years now. Read about something that people enjoyed watching with their kids. Watch it myself, and get horrified at what people are watching with their kids.

Its really not complicated. Sex, nudity, and gay shit doesnt belong in any kids shows. Like not even a little bit of it. For fucks sakes.

• 2Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider

i like the show, i kinda zoned out in episode 1 and took a while to get back but the show definitely kicks into high gear in episode 5.

netflix also put up super mario bros this week, the lineup from WB is also just insane. The price hikes and no sharing shit is balls but i gotta say pound for pound netflix library is still the best value outside of building out your own plex server.
The son I am watching it with is 19.

• 2Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I'm not watching any anime shit but this has been an ongoing problems for a few years now. Read about something that people enjoyed watching with their kids. Watch it myself, and get horrified at what people are watching with their kids.

Its really not complicated. Sex, nudity, and gay shit doesnt belong in any kids shows. Like not even a little bit of it. For fucks sakes.
Blue Eye Samurai is definitely not for little kids. Again to clarify I watched this with my 19 year old son.

• 2Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Blue Eye Samurai is definitely not for little kids. Again to clarify I watched this with my 19 year old son.
You're still pretty progressive IMO. I'm 46 and I still feel extremely uncomfortable watching a movie sex scene with my mom.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
You're still pretty progressive IMO. I'm 46 and I still feel extremely uncomfortable watching a movie sex scene with my mom.
I would feel the same way and wouldn't watch anything like that with my mom. My older kids though I mean we watched Game of Thrones, etc. Many shows have some level of sex or nudity.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Funny, I also had saw Ome's comment and thought cool, another show to watch with my 10 year old since we just got finished watching One Piece together which was a lot of fun. We got a few minutes into the first episode before I grabbed the remote and mashed the emergency eject button!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Yes, you reading about other people watching things with their kids has been quite the "ongoing problem". Those idiots probably have a door lock fetish, too

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Enjoying Blue Eye Samurai.

Not woke by any means but dark as fuck.

Brothel episode had me confused a little (initially thought it was a fevered dream but turned out to be a recollection) then the violence kicks off and it's just a huge bloody mess.

I pretty much sussed the gender of the main character two minutes in but gender ambiguity is by no means a new thing for anime.

1702302463135.jpeg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Brothel episode had me confused a little (initially thought it was a fevered dream but turned out to be a recollection) then the violence kicks off and it's just a huge bloody mess.

I pretty much sussed the gender of the main character two minutes in but gender ambiguity is by no means a new thing for anime.

View attachment 503848
Now I'm thinking, "Zoltan or Zoltar?" In my head.

• 2Like

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>

View attachment 503848
Blue Eye Samurai really needs its own thread.

It's not woke, it's just really fucking good adult themed anime.

It's also rated R I believe.

• 2Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Heads up for the Verizon people who did the year of netflix deal with NFL+ for Christmas 2022. Make sure you cancel in the last month so it expires and Netflix does not roll over into charging you monthly. Currently there is a single slickdeals commenter for the Christmas 2023 deal who says they got a new one activated after expiring 12/14 but there are also a bunch of others who are "Pending Activation" after signing up.

Update: an issue is that Netflix could still be storing your CC info hiddenly with no way to check or remove. So despite cancelling from Verizon so you don't get charged a monthly sub they may still attempt to charge you a sub directly because they have card info from a year ago. This line in your Netflix account billing details is all you can see:

netflix_billing_verizon.png

Update2: recommendation is to contact Netflix chat support and have them remove the CC info ahead of expiration since we cannot manage it ourselves. You will have to know the card number but if it's expired then they will learn that when they try charging it, if active they do still have it on file and will bill it.

Update3: After chat support removed my CC info yesterday, they sent an email after noon PT today saying i need to add a payment method, I still had access but Billing changed to below. Then I logged into Verizon and did another year deal, created an account for the option I chose, went back to +play for step 2 and activated with Netflix. My Netflix billing details then reverted to the picture above.
netflix_billing_verizon2.png

Last edited:

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm