The Netflix Thread

spronk

FPS noob
its stremio + debrid, basically auto streaming torrents off hosted seed servers.

you can go to https://www.reddit.com/r/Stremio/ to learn all about it, put it up on a amazon fire 4K TV via kodi or a nvidia shield and its basically millions of aggregated IPTV servers.

the flaw is that its all illegal and pretty easy to get taken down, and a few times in the past six months the services have gone offline as key sites get taken down. its the paradox, the more easy/popular it gets the easier it is for the authorities to shut it down, and then you are left with your dick in your hand unable to watch stuff randomly.

while when you setup your own plex/torrent system you always have the shows you actually love forever, offline, and its pretty easy to migrate to new systems when old ones get shut down, and you completely control the quality/setup. Even still, long time sites like BTN/PTP aren't immune to getting shut down but at least I have every sci fi show and movie of the past 20 years on my NAS.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Shit I dont' even download stuff anymore. There are pirate streaming sites, chromecast it to my tv instantly. No download, No giant harddrive or media server, don't spend 5 minutes downloading not good shit.

I download from the high seas in 2160p Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. Not sure if these pirate streaming sites can also stream the Atmos soundtracks. I'm fairly sure they can't stream the Dolby Vision either. Even if they could it wouldn't make sense for them to do so as the majority of people won't have DV compatible TVs

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I download from the high seas in 2160p Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. Not sure if these pirate streaming sites can also stream the Atmos soundtracks. I'm fairly sure they can't stream the Dolby Vision either. Even if they could it wouldn't make sense for them to do so as the majority of people won't have DV compatible TVs
Finally something we can agree on. If people are fine with watching and listening to shitty inferior versions of movies, more power to them I guess, but unless you're on satellite and have severely limited internet bandwidth, why wouldn't you want the best quality you can get?? That's like the guy I work with that insists he is fine with his 35"ish TV and wants to buy another one the same size, when a 55-65" is only a couple hundred dollars more for the quality he'd be fine with.

It kills me seeing comments on torrent sites about "why is this file so big?? where is the 720p version??" Motherfucker, is there some sort of Sean-level internet plan for people on welfare or something? And who watches shit at 720p these days if they don't have to?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Finally something we can agree on. If people are fine with watching and listening to shitty inferior versions of movies, more power to them I guess, but unless you're on satellite and have severely limited internet bandwidth, why wouldn't you want the best quality you can get?? That's like the guy I work with that insists he is fine with his 35"ish TV and wants to buy another one the same size, when a 55-65" is only a couple hundred dollars more for the quality he'd be fine with.

It kills me seeing comments on torrent sites about "why is this file so big?? where is the 720p version??" Motherfucker, is there some sort of Sean-level internet plan for people on welfare or something? And who watches shit at 720p these days if they don't have to?

lol when I had housemates after University we had a living room PC and a projector. I gave them access to my torrent sites and we used to watch LOST and various other shows together. The projector was 1024 * 768 and they would download the standard 500mb divx non HD files on the basis that the projector wasn't HD. I would respond with, it's still gonna be a higher quality file so why not bother.

Oh, and I also had a treasured HDBits account until one of the morons raped my ratio by downloading HD episodes of the Simpsons - fucking animation - the one thing were you could barely see a difference.

Kiki

Log Wizard
You cannot come in bragging about how you get everything free and then say that line. List them. If it is so easy to do and setup, show everyone.

If you think that's bragging you should hear about my sex life.

wow, so hard, go click a movie, it plays. So hard to setup right? Let me just list them all on a public forum, great idea. There are tons of sites, surely you are smart enough to know how to google/reddit things.

• 1Pathetic

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My wife has become more and more comfortable with Plex now. If we want to watch something during dinner, knowing that I can run upstairs and download it and ready to watch in 15 minutes, has her sold. We were more than happy to pay $3.99 for an Amazon movie here or there just for immediate access, but even those prices are creeping up. Netflix continuing to raise prices... I'll have her on the high seas eventually full time.

We're back in this cycle were pirating was infinitely easier than paying for content, then paying for content became so easy and accessible and cheap I didn't pirate anything for almost a decade, now I'm back to looking for options.
Pretty much how it is with us, too. I was fine paying subscriptions when there were 2 or 3 services and they were cheap. Somehow competition made the price go way up as everyone wanted a piece of the pie and then got greedy. I'd bet it's more expensive than cable/satellite now.

Although I never got rid of my usenet account. I've always been downloading the shit that's either hard to find, or just on a streaming service I don't have.

We should also talk about commercials on paid subscription services. That's causing me to download shit I actually have a subscription for just to cut down the viewing time by 10 minutes of bullshit.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
We should also talk about commercials on paid subscription services. That's causing me to download shit I actually have a subscription for just to cut down the viewing time by 10 minutes of bullshit.
As some people will have seen, I set up a Pihole thinking it might block those bullshit commercials. Spoiler alert: it didn't. But with how fucking easy Sonarr is, I have started downloading shows on Prime just because I don't want to watch the fucking commercials. Even though they don't seem too long, and only at the beginning maybe? It's just fucking retarded. I would have more easily accepted them raising my rate by $2 a month because muh economy than giving me commercials. In my mind, the minute they start with the commercials they will only get worse and worse, and more expensive to turn off. So fuck em. I'm even considering if next/2 day shipping is worth it these days because of the fucking commercials.

• 2Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
As some people will have seen, I set up a Pihole thinking it might block those bullshit commercials. Spoiler alert: it didn't. But with how fucking easy Sonarr is, I have started downloading shows on Prime just because I don't want to watch the fucking commercials. Even though they don't seem too long, and only at the beginning maybe? It's just fucking retarded. I would have more easily accepted them raising my rate by $2 a month because muh economy than giving me commercials. In my mind, the minute they start with the commercials they will only get worse and worse, and more expensive to turn off. So fuck em. I'm even considering if next/2 day shipping is worth it these days because of the fucking commercials.
Getting rid of next/2 day shipping would cut down on my impulse purchases by about 60% as well!

• 1Solidarity

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
The Rescue - Docufilm about the Tham Luang cave incident in 2018.

Very well made with a rescue straight out of a Hollywood script!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
My wife has become more and more comfortable with Plex now. If we want to watch something during dinner, knowing that I can run upstairs and download it and ready to watch in 15 minutes, has her sold. We were more than happy to pay $3.99 for an Amazon movie here or there just for immediate access, but even those prices are creeping up. Netflix continuing to raise prices... I'll have her on the high seas eventually full time.

We're back in this cycle were pirating was infinitely easier than paying for content, then paying for content became so easy and accessible and cheap I didn't pirate anything for almost a decade, now I'm back to looking for options.

We’re in the same boat. I don’t even care about the money part, it’s just a fucking ass pain to manage subscriptions / find content with new walled gardens popping up seemingly every month. Retarded.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm watching "Wrong side of the tracks" on Netflix atm.

It's a Spanish series so if subtitles aren't your thing it's a skip.

But other than that it's basically a Spanish Gran Torino. I'm 4 episodes in and it's fairly entertaining. Nothing groundbreaking or great, but pretty good. Episodes are long though, most are 70 minutes+

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

james franco wtf GIF

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

by orders of the Peaky Blinders Guinness Clan
The ugly origins of an ugly stout? Skimmed through the wiki and didn’t really see anything that seemed interesting to me but I only skimmed. The fact that they used “hogsheads” as a unit of measurement was by far the most interesting thing to me.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
The main reason I maintain my own video library isn't that companies lose the Rights to movies and TV Shows, making it difficult to know when you'll lose access to your favorite show, but rather the ability to censor the shows and movies I like. Someone already has A.I. putting clothes on models/thots. Now imagine the Govt. decides to go back through all the classics in order to remove any signs of toxic masculinity or nudity, or to add diversity and inclusion to shows like I Love Lucy by making the neighbors black and gay, etc. My whole intent is to preserve the good times.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob

no more $300m shitty action movies i guess

also millie bobbie brown can't act

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Man if they could just buy the libraries of old movies they used to have they could have 3 times the content for a fraction of the price with less aids and homosexuality.

• 1Like