The Netflix Thread

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I didn't even really mind the "you know cops need to kill more white kids" , said in a completely serious manner mind you. It was just boring, I had to turn on the 2009 Kevin Hart special to cleanse and laughed more in his opener then I did the entirety of Rock's show.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
new Chris Rock comedy special will release on Netflix tomorrow, Feb 14th. I'd link the announcement video but its just 45 seconds of a tamborine shaking, annoying as fuck

Wow I loved everything Chris Rock did until this, Netflix has a lot of bad stand up specials, but he really just cashed the check and phoned it in, this is not well honed and polished material you would expect from a pro stand up. The audience wasn't laughing much and you can see his face when his big punches miss, bizzare to watch a special where a legend bombs.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Ritual is amazing. Usually those kind of horror films have pretty lame reveals at the end, but this one delivered.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
If you liked The Ritual, check out A Dark Song. Different type of movie, but solid indie horror. Only two actors with one location, and it’s excellent slow burn horror.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

A dark song is a bit more surreal. A very different type. psychological horror/drama.
Kabbalah based. Crowly, and black magic.

Which yeah, part of what I like about The Ritual is the use of folklore. Changlings, trolls, fae, etc. love it.
The Ritual is of course Norse/Scandinavian mythology.

I didnt like A dark song that much.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Watched The Ritual on the back of these recommendations.

Thought it was great, very happy with it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
I did the same. It was above average. Didn't feel like a Netflix filler movie to just give them more content.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Really liked the Ritual as well for the most part.

I felt the movie was pretty amazing before they got to the immortalish cultists. I think they were a better fit then the shitty black metal Scandinavian teens from the book however I would have preferred if they had just cut out the vehicle used to explain the monster anyway. The forest in and of itself was a pretty damn awesome character and we knew enough about the monster in that it caused halucinations and whatnot to lure or confuse its prey. Was nice to see a horror movie that had character development for the lead though. The actor really sold the ending where he so wanted to give in and worship the monster but nutted up at the end and spit in its face.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Great recommendation on The Ritual - great slow burn horror. Would like to see a followup if they can expand on the idea with new characters and maybe different

God/Myhtology

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
If anyone is interested in documentaries, The Keepers is pretty good. It's made by the same people that did Making a Murderer. Basically about the unsolved murder of a nun but expands to show how much the Catholic church will cover up stuff.

• 1Like