The Netflix Thread

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm glad Ken Burns Vietnam War finally showed up here since I was only able to ever watch the first 5 episodes. Good stuff if you are into documentaries.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Just watched a really good Korean movie on netflix - Memoir of a Murderer.

similar in vein to The Chaser, or I Saw the Devil - it follows a serial killer who has put his killing behind him as he slowly succumbs to dimensia and alzheimers. But when a new serial killer emerges, he's not sure who's the bigger threat, the newcomer or himself.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Extinction was surprisingly entertaining. Had a cringey sequence half an hour in that fell into the 'kid too stupid to live' category, but it recovered.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Extinction was surprisingly entertaining. Had a cringey sequence half an hour in that fell into the 'kid too stupid to live' category, but it recovered.
I just finished it as well. Was pretty good I thought.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It had some plot holes like "why aren't our kids getting older?". A lot of the movie falls apart when you think about it. It unfortunately didn't have much else to offer.

• 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Netflix "Dark"

German
Sci-Fi
Time Travel
Children
Evil
Caves
Character-Driven
Spooky
The Music!!!
Intense
Smart
AMAZING!!!

I watched it twice already... best thing I've seen on Netflix in as long as I can remember.

dark-netflix-s.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Netflix "Dark"

German
Sci-Fi
Time Travel
Children
Evil
Caves
Character-Driven
Spooky
The Music!!!
Intense
Smart
AMAZING!!!

I watched it twice already... best thing I've seen on Netflix in as long as I can remember.

View attachment 171972
I really enjoyed this as well. Much more than I thought I would. Waiting for season 2.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
Saw Extinction, 5/10. first hour is really boring, second hour is pretty decent but nothing you haven't seen a million times in TV shows and movies. Enjoyed it but probably best watched when doing something else. The kids are awful.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Juvarisx

Florida
Extinction was a weird one. Black List script that got massively fucked over by production issues and was originally to be released in "Fuck You its January" I didnt hate it though....its just that the twist was not that interesting.

Watched Gerald's Game on netflix after. WAY WAY WAY better.

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Extinction was pretty dumb I thought.

Looking around after I watched it, there is a mockumentary? with Josh Brolin and Danny McBride on there that looked funny, though.

Goatface

on Extinction, thought the idea was pretty good, but that was about it
the cgi at the end looked super cheap

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Watched Extinction last night. I liked it.

I'll have to check out Dark.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Dark is very good, I was thoroughly captivated. You definitely want to go with subtitles, however, as the English dubs are pretty horrific.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Dark is very good, I was thoroughly captivated. You definitely want to go with subtitles, however, as the English dubs are pretty horrific.

Funny enough, my wife and I watched the dubbed version for the first 8 episodes because she couldn't find her glasses to read the subtitles. When she found them and we tried to watch it without the dubbing it lost some of its charm for us. DUB OR DIE.

• 1Like

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yah definitely go w/ subtitles for Dark. Myy favorite show out right now with nothing being a close second. You may find the first 2 episodes slow, but give it a fair chance, it picks up and is rather captivating given the opportunity. Can't wait for season 2.

What really helped reel me in w/ Dark was the soundtrack & score. The sounds used to give it a real unsettling feel when in the forest & power plant. I think that is one of the main factors that gave a deep sense of immersion.