The Netflix Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
OMG-- FInished it. ("The Rain") It went NOWEHERE... I hate that. No conclusion and I have no reason or motivation to watch a second season (if it happens).

Don't do it.

Interested to know if others liked "Magic for Humans."

I tried "The Santa Clarita Diet" and barely made it through episode 1-- awful acting. Stupid cliches. Big-money stars peddling serious stupidity and political correctness.

I watched the first 2 episodes of "Insatiable." Slow, but I like the concept so far. I hope they go all out disturbing rather than stay saccharine-sweet in their poking fun of social and moral taboos... Should I keep going with it?

Santa Clarita Diet's first episode is pretty bad but it gets better and by the 3rd episode I was hooked.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
I just watched a show out of the blue. Magic for Humans. I only saw the first episode, but I enjoyed it.

Worth a watch.
i dunno how he couldve done some of the tricks without camera tricks/special fx. like taping their cellphones to his back.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Watched Next Gen.

Robot only stuff is good but the main character is completely unlikable. Why should I hope for the success of a bratty moody little cunt.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Watched Next Gen.

Robot only stuff is good but the main character is completely unlikable. Why should I hope for the success of a bratty moody little cunt.

Wife watched the preview, seemed interesting so she loaded it up for the kids, didn't make it past the intro with the little brat raging out and whatever. I get it... but maybe for more older kids than mine... kid blames robots for everything bad. QQ rage rage oh good robot helps me save the world from bad robots, see I told everyone they were bad.

So I assume she never really matures eh from the intro

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The good robot's likes her because???

She does NOTHING that would make anyone (or anything) like her.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Wife watched the preview, seemed interesting so she loaded it up for the kids, didn't make it past the intro with the little brat raging out and whatever. I get it... but maybe for more older kids than mine... kid blames robots for everything bad. QQ rage rage oh good robot helps me save the world from bad robots, see I told everyone they were bad.

So I assume she never really matures eh from the intro

I was shocked how good this movie was TBH. Technically it had moments which were close to Pixar quality, and almost always up to snuff with Dreamworks/PDI stuff.....and it was mostly done by a Chinese/Canadian outfit on a Netflix budget:

Despite the raging SJW cuntwagon of a lead, the movie doesn't hold punches about the consequences (and reasons) for her attitude and it ends reasonably well. It's quite a statement by Netflix that they can even produce something of this caliber.

The jokes were timely and if you're into the mass automation/singularity genre it'll scratch the same itch as Big Hero 6.

Last edited:

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Iron Fist season 2, anyone caught this yet?

I have watched the first ten minutes and still hate him in this role, something about just doesn’t work for me and the whole show doesn’t work as direct result. I hated season 1 and for comparisons sake I didn’t watch Lue Cage all the way through season 1 and couldn’t be bothered to watch Defenders

Really losing hope for Punisher with way these shows have been going.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I was shocked how good this movie was TBH. Technically it had moments which were close to Pixar quality, and almost always up to snuff with Dreamworks/PDI stuff.....and it was mostly done by a Chinese/Canadian outfit on a Netflix budget:

Despite the raging SJW cuntwagon of a lead, the movie doesn't hold punches about the consequences (and reasons) for her attitude and it ends reasonably well. It's quite a statement by Netflix that they can even produce something of this caliber.

The jokes were timely and if you're into the mass automation/singularity genre it'll scratch the same itch as Big Hero 6.
My daughter is watching Big Hero 6 again right now, just because of the latest Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer focusing on that movie.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
One. More. Day.

These reviews have gotten me pumped, if it's just a continuation of the Youtube show (the best talk show I've ever seen - if you've not seen the Gilbert Gottfried bit about MS/Catherine Zeta-Jones you're missing out) I'll be over the moon. In a society where everything is an outrage, I'm glad there are still "men" working in comedy for those of us with some sanity left.

TV Review: Netflix’s ‘Norm Macdonald Has a Show’

'Norm Macdonald Has a Show': TV Review

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there a decent extension to force max bitrate in a chrome browser? The "Netflix 1080p" one works for awhile but seems to require periodic F5s instead of set it and forget it.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Is there a decent extension to force max bitrate in a chrome browser? The "Netflix 1080p" one works for awhile but seems to require periodic F5s instead of set it and forget it.

Not sure about an extension but I just use Edge for netflix as it has native 1080 support. It's not the greatest browser but works perfectly for just using Netflix. The windows 10 app is another option although it has some annoyances

Caliane

Bizarre amount of murder and body horror in this...

Girl is pretty awful. they do show her having a bad homelife. but, still, first taste of power, goes on a murder rampage. Only gets called out once. robot then apologizes to her. Everyone apologizes to her, she never apologizes to anyone.

This world is a pretty nightmare scenario. Robots casually enslaved for everything. Robots without 1st law of robotics. And I mean, not even the "evil" robots. the regular ones will ALSO murder/beatup someone, if their owner asks them to, without a second thought.. there must not be any military or police. None show up after any of the rampages. And the entire plot is needing robot B to fight Robot A, again, as if there is no military to take it out.

Animation and art design was pretty great though.

Last edited:

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally started watching Maniac and it's a Phillip K. Dick story that was never written so far and has a great use of old technology as "futuristic".

Caliane

Stephanie was an alright horror movie.
A solid amount of upending expectations.

7/10ish

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watched Hocus Pocus. Still cheesy fun. Horseface looks pretty hot in it too. This should actually be in the movies I've recently seen thread.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Caught this tonight on netflix, it's Primer for Occult movies and is based on the Book of Abramelin.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

yeah, A dark song was ok. Not my favorite. but, notable for its fairly unique premise.

Saw a couple more netflix horror movies last couple days.
Malevolent.
4/10.
Not the WORST bad ghost movie I've seen. Even has a few interesting ideas. But overall, just boring. Not worth anyones time.

Radius.
hrmm. 7/10?
Fantastic premise. mostly great. I really wish the ending was a bit better, and the whole thing made a bit more thematic sense. Left really disappointed.
The dude was a serial killer seemed pretty obvious pretty quickly. I mean from minute one, "why was she in the trunk?" I looked, and did see some good arguments for the aoe circle of death being a metaphor for being around him. which great. makes sense. But, where do you go from that? We never learn any reasons for him being a serial killer, so him having character growth and learning... to not be a serial killer? makes no fucking sense. Amnesia cures serial killers? hitting a preset kill limit cures serial killers? what the fuck is the metaphor here? He sure learned his lesson. Shame 70 people had to die to teach it.. the random gas station local posse was a bit dumb as well.

A WAY more sensible ending would have just been her shooting him, and the circle of death passing on to her, as abuse does.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So far today on Lazy-as-Fuck Sunday I’ve watched The Conjuring 1, The Conjuring 2, Annabelle, Stephanie, and Oculus. Tried to watch The Babadook but only lasted 20 minutes and had to shut that shit off. Probably give Radius a shot next. Most stuff has been decent but horror movies just aren’t connecting with me. I need a good Lovecraftian decent in to madness slow burn or something.