The Netflix Thread

Chanur

Not Soygen
<Donor All-Stars>
21d 19h 2m
Reactions
6,444 748 0 0
So far today on Lazy-as-Fuck Sunday I’ve watched The Conjuring 1, The Conjuring 2, Annabelle, Stephanie, and Oculus. Tried to watch The Babadook but only lasted 20 minutes and had to shut that shit off. Probably give Radius a shot next. Most stuff has been decent but horror movies just aren’t connecting with me. I need a good Lovecraftian decent in to madness slow burn or something.
Best Lovecraftian movie ive seen in years is The Void . It is on Netflix.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Donor All-Stars>
12d 1h 23m
Reactions
2,720 120 0 0
Best Lovecraftian movie ive seen in years is The Void . It is on Netflix.
Well that movie started out in Butte, MT and ended up in pineapple. Just had all the things going on.

Caliane

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
15d 8h 50m
Reactions
1,997 139 0 0

Man this gave me a great idea. They discuss why monstervision and the like is no longer a thing. joe bob thinks Ad time is too important to have hosts, etc.

But with mst3k revival. I wonder if Monstervision could flourish on netflix, or amazon video? Have movies that are hosted by someone. have the host present the show, give some info on it. cut to movie. cut back to host, have them making comments, etc. back to movie. add 30min to an hour of host commentary and interaction.

Imagine once a week, netflix adding a Monstervision feature presentation, with Joe Bob presenting some horror movie from Netflix's streaming library.

Chanur

Not Soygen
<Donor All-Stars>
21d 19h 2m
Reactions
6,444 748 0 0
Caliane Caliane Joe Bob just hosted a 24 hour marathon on Shudder a month or two ago. They put it all up as a series so you can watch it any time. Some good flicks too. Shudder is like 4.99 a month and you can subscribe and watch through Amazon if you want. Worth checking out for a month if you like him.

Void

We're America, bitch!
<Donor All-Stars>
12d 10h 13m
Reactions
1,705 250 0 0
  • Void

Void

The thing that struck me the most when watching Radius was that I really, really wished that they hadn't told me what was going on in the description/trailer for the movie. I know they didn't spend all that long before telling you anyway, but it could have been a lot better if you didn't know and they spent more time with the guy figuring it out. I was also pretty let down by the ending too, as mentioned by others. And the reason for it happening in the first place...kinda meh to me. Good premise, unless you've read the X-Men comic, but just not executed as well as I would have liked. Not terrible either, but not enough for me to recommend it to others.

Chanur

Not Soygen
<Donor All-Stars>
21d 19h 2m
Reactions
6,444 748 0 0
If you know nothing about Radius going into it, is worth a watch?

spronk

FPS noob
<Donors Crew>
9d 17h 30m
Reactions
4,513 448 0 0
apostle is out, good/bad/"netflix meh"?
Apostle | Netflix Official Site

Overview:
The year is 1905. Thomas Richardson travels to a remote island to rescue his sister after she's kidnapped by a mysterious religious cult demanding a ransom for her safe return. It soon becomes clear that the cult will regret the day it baited this man, as he digs deeper and deeper into the secrets and lies upon which the commune is built.

Starring: Dan Stevens (Legion, Downton Abbey), Lucy Boynton, Michael Sheen

Chanur

Not Soygen
<Donor All-Stars>
21d 19h 2m
Reactions
6,444 748 0 0
Got a 3 month free voucher for Netflix for being a PS+ member.

Dom

Trakanon Raider
20d 22h 47m
Reactions
3,697 641 0 0
  • Dom

Dom

apostle is out, good/bad/"netflix meh"?
Apostle | Netflix Official Site

Overview:
The year is 1905. Thomas Richardson travels to a remote island to rescue his sister after she's kidnapped by a mysterious religious cult demanding a ransom for her safe return. It soon becomes clear that the cult will regret the day it baited this man, as he digs deeper and deeper into the secrets and lies upon which the commune is built.

Starring: Dan Stevens (Legion, Downton Abbey), Lucy Boynton, Michael Sheen
It has some cool moments and ideas, but it suffers from poor direction and camera-work. I'd probably give it a 6 or 7, but I'm not a big horror fan.

Caliane

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
15d 8h 50m
Reactions
1,997 139 0 0
It has some cool moments and ideas, but it suffers from poor direction and camera-work. I'd probably give it a 6 or 7, but I'm not a big horror fan.
does he put on a furry costume and punch a lady in the face?

Caliane

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
15d 8h 50m
Reactions
1,997 139 0 0
its about a man going to visit a remote island cult commune in search of a family member..

Dom

Trakanon Raider
20d 22h 47m
Reactions
3,697 641 0 0
  • Dom

Dom

its about a man going to visit a remote island cult commune in search of a family member..
Shit, I completely forgot about that wicker man scene and thought you were just trying to make a joke about the furry/attention whore thread. Sorry homie.

No punching bears, unfortunately. It doesn't try to be camp at all, just bleak and graphic.