The Netflix Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
You is bullshit because the woman is the one who keeps resolving the fights by admitting she's wrong and apologizing. I was texting this to friends when I paused TV to finish text without missing anything, and right on cue I capture this scene.

28186.jpeg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Like it so far - I am on episode 5 or so. Definitely has a great Dextor/"inbound twist.... something is going to happen here" vibe to it.

Now the only problem is I know my wife worked this last weekend andwill love this show, and I already watched 5 while she was working and will probably have to rewatch those 5 to get her caught up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Netflix is raising prices and the stock is soaring
The rate hikes constitute a jump of between 13 and 18 percent.
The new prices take effect immediately for new customers. Existing subscribers will be grandfathered in over the next three months.
Netflix’s cheapest basic plan will cost $9, up from $8; its most popular HD standard plan will cost $13, up from $11; and its 4K premium plan will cost $16, up from $14.

I recently re-activated with Sony's $30-40 PS+ gift, probably gonna pay for 2-3 months while I catch up on a bunch of shows in 4K Dolby Vision and then cancel until next Oct. Keeping Netflix around from Oct-Jan and then off the rest of the year seems to work best for my house.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's gotten to the point where Netflix is about the same thing as a premium cable channel like HBO/Showtime (maybe even moreso due to content) and it's pricing has finally caught up with those channels ($15 for HBO example). If it keeps going higher I can see more bitching though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yep. They have some good shows, but nothing I just can't unsubscribe too for 11 months and then catch up on them all. Pricing goes any higher it will be a service I do not subscribe to completely. Basically right now:

Ozark
Stranger Things
You (Almost done with it)
Black Mirror
Lucifer
House on Haunted Hill

Blast through all of those new episodes in a week, cancel - re-up again when all the new seasons come out, rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yep. They have some good shows, but nothing I just can't unsubscribe too for 11 months and then catch up on them all. Pricing goes any higher it will be a service I do not subscribe to completely. Basically right now:

Ozark
Stranger Things
You (Almost done with it)
Black Mirror
Lucifer
House on Haunted Hill

Blast through all of those new episodes in a week, cancel - re-up again when all the new seasons come out, rinse and repeat.

Netflix/Prime/Sling are the 3 main tv providers for us (no cable) with Netflix being 65-70% of what we watch (it's the only thing my daughter watches) so dropping it isn't really an option. Now if it goes higher (maybe north of $20 I may reconsider). We also watch most of the things you listed, in addition to The Last Kingdom plus I'm always watching documentaries on there.

• 3Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Netflix/Prime/Sling are the 3 main tv providers for us (no cable) with Netflix being 65-70% of what we watch (it's the only thing my daughter watches) so dropping it isn't really an option. Now if it goes higher (maybe north of $20 I may reconsider). We also watch most of the things you listed, in addition to The Last Kingdom plus I'm always watching documentaries on there.

Yeah for us we also have all the cable tv and Channels on top of that too. :( along with prime and Netflix.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I use Netflix enough that I just stay with it year round. The rate hike doesn't bother me, at the end of the day I watch it more than normal TV and it's 1/6 the price. -shrug-

• 1Like

Jovec

?
I'd rather they up the price another $5 or $10 per month if it allowed them to have everything as a permanent stream. I still have the disc sub since too many shows and movies move into and out of being available to stream.

• 1Like

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Didn't think this warranted a new thread, but there's a series of sci fi shorts that I stumbled across on youtube tonight. This one was pretty good!

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Amazon's streaming service may be shitty, but it's damn good for being just an included benefit of Prime. Along with free Twitch Prime for a batch of random free games every month.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Not sure I'd call it shitty. Their originals are better than what Netflix has been shitting out lately, and they finally unfucked their UI some. You can also find older stuff on it like you used to be able to do with Netflix.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Amazon's streaming service may be shitty, but it's damn good for being just an included benefit of Prime. Along with free Twitch Prime for a batch of random free games every month.

Whoever thought of the concept of Prime is a genius. I can't think of many more investments or 'subscriptions' that you buy into that basically pays for itself within the first month (especially if you do any kind of online shopping on Amazon which most people do). Prime video and Twitch are great but lets be fair, Prime would be worth it alone if you only had the free two day shipping. Prime is finally starting to get some good original programming plus it has access to a lot of older stuff (more than Netflix). As mentioned above between Netflix/Prime/Sling (for ESPN and some others) we haven't missed cable once and it's now going on almost 4 yrs since we cancelled. We do HBO Now too but that's seasonal.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Whoever thought of the concept of Prime is a genius. I can't think of many more investments or 'subscriptions' that you buy into that basically pays for itself within the first month (especially if you do any kind of online shopping on Amazon which most people do). Prime video and Twitch are great but lets be fair, Prime would be worth it alone if you only had the free two day shipping. Prime is finally starting to get some good original programming plus it has access to a lot of older stuff (more than Netflix). As mentioned above between Netflix/Prime/Sling (for ESPN and some others) we haven't missed cable once and it's now going on almost 4 yrs since we cancelled. We do HBO Now too but that's seasonal.

Yep once the oldest one leaves the house, I am going to get rid of cable for good. Then I will have to make sure I have an unlimited internet service. (It seems either way Comcast is going to get cash one way or another) They want another 50 bucks a month for unlimited bandwidth, which is currently capped at 1tb. Between games and all the multiple patches, that shit is starting to get eaten up in a hurry. If I went full streaming, I would definitely be over 1tb every month. Especially when I stream 4k.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I liked vikings seasons with Ragnarr, definitely good watch, but then the seasons with no ragnarr I lost interest. But then I decided to give The last Kingdom a watch. It took a few episodes to hook me, but damn the show is good. Culminating with Season 3 when netflix took it over and dumped even more cash at it and its even better. S3 has RT score of like 90%. Anyway, if you liked Vikings, give this one a try. Its pretty much same time period, same king/viking/Dane shit, but different story based on some books I guess. Its more england story based versus Vikings which base the show from a more Viking perspective. Bonus it got renewed for S4.

• 3Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
For you and everyone else...

Every six months or so you can just call up directTV/amazon/netflix/etc and get discounts. It's much quicker with DTV and amazon if you spend a shit load of cash with them but you can easily get 60 bucks off a month for DTV ($210 a month without discounts) and you just need to find the right amazon non Pajeet to credit your account with a few amazon gift cards.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fedor

<Banned>
I liked vikings seasons with Ragnarr, definitely good watch, but then the seasons with no ragnarr I lost interest. But then I decided to give The last Kingdom a watch. It took a few episodes to hook me, but damn the show is good. Culminating with Season 3 when netflix took it over and dumped even more cash at it and its even better. S3 has RT score of like 90%. Anyway, if you liked Vikings, give this one a try. Its pretty much same time period, same king/viking/Dane shit, but different story based on some books I guess. Its more england story based versus Vikings which base the show from a more Viking perspective. Bonus it got renewed for S4.

The-Last-Kingdom-1273079.jpg

0hYzr3I.jpg

39339436_386332185235302_8656773122168455168_n.jpg

26185982_385769078540544_8196253418587684864_n.jpg

XVlsezi.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF