The Netflix Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fedor

<Banned>
mxtmi5kc54121.png

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

As for actual Netflix related content;

The new season of mst3k was only six episodes, lame.

Most of new stuff I have seen has been weak, not impressed with Netflix or Prime lately. Well I was never impressed with Prime but we get it with some Amazon shipping deal my wife signed up for so whatever. I use the twitch subscription on the Rifftrax channel.

The Purge series on Prime was... almost good but turned from almost good to almost complete and total garbage lit on fire and put out with raw sewage. Almost.

Entertainment media fudging sucks balls now with fewer and fewer exceptions.

We are in a cultural depression. Imho, anyways.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Prices going up again in Canada. I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for the mounds of shit they've been making lately. The site being a chore to browse doesn't help either. We're fast approaching a situation like we were leaving cable over. Paying for a bunch of shit we don't want and still not getting the things we do. I'm not paying for 4+ streaming services that aren't worth their price.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
if they stopped the god awful auto play of trailers i would sub for life. shit is so fucking annoying.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
noticed some sort of foreign netlix remake of 1984 set in more modern times the other day, anyone watched? how much cucked sjw propoganda is it?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
if they stopped the god awful auto play of trailers i would sub for life. shit is so fucking annoying.
I can't imagine they've actually focus tested that and the results came up positive. Every single person I know hates it. How fucking hard is it for me to click one button if I want to see the trailer? This literally causes me to skip from movie to movie faster so it doesn't start autoplaying, instead of reading it and possibly deciding I want to watch it despite my first glance impression.

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I can't imagine they've actually focus tested that and the results came up positive. Every single person I know hates it. How fucking hard is it for me to click one button if I want to see the trailer? This literally causes me to skip from movie to movie faster so it doesn't start autoplaying, instead of reading it and possibly deciding I want to watch it despite my first glance impression.

The very first thing I do when loading up netflix is immediately scroll down as fast as I can. I barely even wait for the page to finish loading. Of course, they fucking know people do that so they started putting a second one a page or two down so you land on it after scrolling down.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wife and I watched the circumcision documentary last night. Can you believe that guy showing an audience videos of him jerking off? I thought it was interesting that they included a pro-female circumcision point of view, but didn't provide a good one for men. I also thought they overstated the amount of feeling you lose from circumcision. Does anyone remember that Cut vs Uncut thread from years back where that dude had to get cut for a medical reason and said he loved it?

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Does anyone remember that Cut vs Uncut thread from years back where that dude had to get cut for a medical reason and said he loved it?

No, but as someone who was partially/mostly cut in my 20's, I'm here to tell you that you do lose a ton of sensitivity. I'm just very thankful I had the wherewith-all to tell the Dr. to leave as much of the skin as possible while still getting the necessary part done. There are advantages to the procedure, but there is a high price to pay. Those of you with no-skin at have basically been mutilated. I'm a firm believer that the choice should be left to the individual, not made for them when they are a baby.

Edit: Forgot why I came into this thread today: Saw "Raccoon Valley" on Amazon Prime yesterday. Slow burn and very atmospheric independent film, enjoyed it a lot!

iannis

Musty Nester
What in the holy shit is wrong with Ellen DeGenere's face?

I guess she got some surgery or something. She almost looks like an elf from the Classic Rudolph stop motion.

These people seriously make some bizzare decisions.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Infinity war is up on netflix now for anyone that hasn't seen it yet.

Also a black mirror movie for those that enjoy the series.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SeanDoe1z1

This bullshit where in the middle of movies they ask "Do you want to see that again" is aids. I'm sure its possible to turn off, but in conjunction with my kids pissing me off these holiday breaks and them being the majority users.

GG netflix, 2009 sub peaced out for now. Win me back in the future.

khorum

Murder Apologist
We actually binged through "Instant Hotel" since my in-laws are visitting from Australia for the holidays. It's a competition amongst Airbnb hosts for who provides the best instant hotels. Pretty instructive and eye-opening with their offerings down there considering they've got places charging above $1.5k+ per night booking 60%+ capacity.

From that we got recommended "Stay Here" which seems like a netflix original with a designer and a real estate developer helping US airbnb hosts bling up their properties for maximum value. Pretty cool and it's more reflective of the airbnb prices we see here. I have a couple units that my property manager dedicate to Airbnb and she actually recommended this show or something like it before.

Last edited:

elidib

Vyemm Raider
This bullshit where in the middle of movies they ask "Do you want to see that again" is aids. I'm sure its possible to turn off, but in conjunction with my kids pissing me off these holiday breaks and them being the majority users.

GG netflix, 2009 sub peaced out for now. Win me back in the future.

I dont even know what youre talking about, i have never seen that watching on my ps3, ps4, firestick, or PC.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

SeanDoe1z1

PS4 pro, gotg2 couple days ago.

Intro fight scene ends -- "Do you want to watch that again" (like, do you want to skip the intro popup?) Thought it was another thing related to title starts....

then it happened again when starlord fights his dad near the end of the movie "do you want to see that again?"

Fuck that shit. If I wanted pop ups in my movies I'd just torrent for free, oh wait. Thanks for the idea.

Last edited:

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Who the fuck is the complete moron making these decisions? Are they even from this planet? What are they now, like 0 for 10 of retarded ideas they keep shoving down our throats? They are making money hand over fists yet at the same time it's as if they WANT to fail.

Hey, Netflix, protip:

1. Stop.
2. No! Seriously, just STOP!
3. Profit.

It ain't rocket science.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

SeanDoe1z1

I'm probably baked in as a loss when they market study these changes, but its hilarious to think about it.

Shitty changes just remind me "why have I been letting this charge go on for the last 2 years with pretty shitty usage" Hulu fucked up bad by dropping whomever the fuck on TV ad wise (thats how little I care). It just reminded me I'm paying for their service for no reason other than clingy bullshit I could reup at any time.

Zombie deletes.

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
I miss them actually telling me when the movies are going to be removed. What the ratings actually are. Being able to see the catalog and not the same 10 movies over and over. No Natural Born Killers does not belong in drama, comedy, and horror categories.

I appreciate all the new content, that isn't terrible which is few and far between, but for the love of god allow me to see what you actually have. Having to search to find things because it will never show otherwise is a complete waste of my time and $11. It's also a complete guessing game since they remove content so frequently without telling you.

• 2Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Not that we should have to do this. But you can search by categories via the url and it pulls them up the old fashioned way. So use the netflix URL and code for the genre. Shows everything even the hidden stuff that they don't think you would want due to their stupid algorithms.