The Netflix Thread

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Steve Carrell - what are you doing. I love you so much, you are like the funniest guy. Why do you want to be a eunuch? How will your role be anything but Captain Cuck on this morning show.

So sad!

Also - Toxic Labor with Oprah. Sheesh, sign me up. Can't miss TV right there.

iannis

Musty Nester
Netflix kinda pisses me off sometimes, too.

It keeps recommending arrested development, and it has the "new episodes" tag on it.

There hasn't been a new episode of arrested development in over ten years. That new season that they did a few years ago was 80% edited together old episodes. A giant clipshow with a few connecting new-shoots.

I can't get it off the list.

• 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
they dropped the second half of season 5 in the last two weeks sometime so yeah there are like 8 new episodes or something. its a brand new half season or something that is NOT the edited season 4. I never watched the first half so I just can't really care, and yeah it keeps popping up all over for me too.

they just have done virtually no marketing for it because of all the problems they had last time with Jeffrey Tambor lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It's not great - the first 3 seasons were so good that the new stuff never stood a chance. Worth a watch, but none of the episodes were that funny to me. I ended up finishing season 5 and then started the whole series over again, and it was night and day.

• 2Like

Rime

<Donor>
So, for a long time, I have been using the Netflix app on my television, primarily because it still allowed me to rate things with 1-5 Stars, rather than an up/down system.

They just recently removed that functionality and it RESET everything that I have ever rated to an 'unwatched' state. So now every list is full of things that I have watched, shitty Netflix Originals that I am not interested in, and Korean/Indian garbage.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Christopher Robin was good. Weak start, but Pooh's flawless performance kept me going and then I got into it and liked it til the end.

OA was pretentious garbage. Somebody said it had great storytelling. This is false and ironically the worst part about it. In episode one we are baited with tits and the teacher scene was very good enough. But when she started telling her tale I hated it. It killed all sense of urgency and broke immersion. I quit by maybe episode three.

Unicorn Store will be rejected by most here. I got through by viewing it as satire, the likes of Idiocracy.
There are bits that work, but much that doesn't. In a nutshell it's about a girl with white privilege that's oblivious to her privilege and she's forgiven of everything and liked by all. And normies.

The Creative Mind. I couldn't get past intro, pretentious libtards telling me how to think.

Black Summer. Rage zombies. But like (three) episodes are missing or something and it's quite jarring. Ending is perhaps the most stupid thing ever.

Gospel of Luke, excellent and informative.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Need more activity in this thread, I took netflix up on a "come back for a free month" offer and seem to spend my time scrolling through a endless sea of crap and can never decide on anything.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
The new version of Suspiria is out on Amazon prime today, I enjoyed it. I love anything with Tilda Swinton in it, and she plays two separate characters in this film... one being a man.

• 2Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
New Ted Bundy movie came out today, will probably watch tonight and report back
Moderately good. It focuses on his time with his gf and then his court case. If you know the story of Bundy it's probably a lot less interesting than if you don't know much.

I'd give it 6/10

Zac Efron nailed it

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
The new version of Suspiria is out on Amazon prime today, I enjoyed it. I love anything with Tilda Swinton in it, and she plays two separate characters in this film... one being a man.

Jay from RLM loved it, so if you like weird horror movies it must be good.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Moderately good. It focuses on his time with his gf and then his court case. If you know the story of Bundy it's probably a lot less interesting than if you don't know much.

I'd give it 6/10

Zac Efron nailed it

Yeah, I think if I knew nothing about Bundy then I would have had a better opinion of this movie. I'd say it's like a 6/10. It glosses over a lot of the more interesting stuff (him throwing Liz off a raft into a river which almost directly leads to her giving his name to this cops, his 2nd escape which is basically fucking Shawshank, the fear created by his murders which is literally boogeyman shit).

• 2Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dead To Me - Good enough to watch in one sitting; not sure if good enough to recommend. It was different and interesting and ... fell flat. It's no Ozark. It's no Santa Clarita Diet. It's certainly no Falling Down. Velma is still hot and I enjoyed watching her from beginning to end.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Couldn't get past the second episode of Dead to Me. I basically already thought I had the whole thing figured out at the end of the first episode and the first two episodes were super cringey and awkward. It was uncomfortable to watch.

Tell me if I'm right

The banged up mustang in the storage facility wasn't hers, it was her ex-fiance's. And he got drunk one night and hit and run her new friend's husband but doesn't give a shit because he's an arrogant prick and now she's trying to get close in some misguided attempt to comfort the grieving widow because she's also a psycho with a checkered past

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I think if I knew nothing about Bundy then I would have had a better opinion of this movie. I'd say it's like a 6/10. It glosses over a lot of the more interesting stuff (him throwing Liz off a raft into a river which almost directly leads to her giving his name to this cops, his 2nd escape which is basically fucking Shawshank, the fear created by his murders which is literally boogeyman shit).

It was really mediocre, especially on the back of the mini series/documentary which was much more compelling. Disappointing.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Couldn't get past the second episode of Dead to Me. I basically already thought I had the whole thing figured out at the end of the first episode and the first two episodes were super cringey and awkward. It was uncomfortable to watch.

Tell me if I'm right

The banged up mustang in the storage facility wasn't hers, it was her ex-fiance's. And he got drunk one night and hit and run her new friend's husband but doesn't give a shit because he's an arrogant prick and now she's trying to get close in some misguided attempt to comfort the grieving widow because she's also a psycho with a checkered past
More to it, but yes basically