The Netflix Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
OK that actually doesn't look terrible. Needs to have a lot of titties.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Does look decent minus Yennefer looking like she has downs

• 1Barf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, who the fuck is going to spend $120/month to get streaming shit if they all split up into their own little pocketses of 1-2 good shows each. Say hello to pirates, you fucking fools.

That was the beauty of a netflix type service, one stop shop to all good shows. Then it was hulu, then HBO, now disney, and then AMC, and so on and on...Fuck them people. Its like they have not learned a thing from the piracy days.
the downfall started when you paid for hulu, but were still shown ads (i'm pretty sure you paid for hulu for 720+ and to play on mobile)

yarg fuck that, yo ho ho

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Does look decent minus Yennefer looking like she has downs

I'm assuming this is Yen. Think she's pretty hot. Got a Rachel Weisz from The Mummy look.

• 1Barf

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
so whose excited to watch a show about a girl who is raped and the two female detectives investigating the rape. yeah, i wonder why netflix is losing subs

chernobyl was pretty much the edge of "shitty life" i'll watch. i wanna watch TV to be entertained, not depressed about how shitty people can be

This is the problem with SJWs shit, its pathological. Since its almost always introduced by extremely ideological people who active proselytize, the amount is never enough. It's like expecting a Jehova's witness to stop after you let them in--once their in, it only makes them more aggressive. That's why the moment I see this shit in a company, I know its only going to get worse--because it means there are active cult members in positions of influence and they are absolutely relentless, their entire lives revolve around pushing the cult's rhetoric.

Its sad. But we tossed Netflix the moment my wife tried to watch the Sabrina show and white males ended up being the antagonists. I told her when "Dear white people" came out, you'd eventually start seeing some absurd bullshit in other shows. Couple years later? Sabrina is fighting the white male patriarchy by turning toxically masculine jocks gay. And she was done. The pathology of this shit is always...progressive.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
And Netflix will suffer because normies dont want to be bombarded with that shit non stop. Why do you think their sub counts are not meeting projections, people are catching on.

• 2Like

Rime

<Donor>
I do not care if Netflix produces 'woke' content, my issue is when they force it into everything.

That, combined with the stream of dreck/loss of actual good content, and I have cancelled my subscription for the first time. I do not care for dozens of Bollywood movies added every week.

The only streaming service I will have in the coming month is Prime, which is mostly to check out 'The Boys'.

Edit: Spelling derps.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dollar for dollar, it's crazy the value you get for Prime. The shipping, music and video for $12 or whatever it is is still unmatched. Until their model changes it will probably be the last to go for me. I still remember when I finally signed up for Netflix because I wanted to see Daredevil and Jessica Jones. I doubt I keep Netflix through the end of the year.

• 1Like

Khane

The best part of these services is the all at once model so if you find that there are a few things that come out over the course of the year you'd like to watch you can just wait, sub for a month, binge and then cancel.

Prime has all the other benefits associated with it so I don't care about keeping that, I have a spotify account that includes hulu basic and I don't really mind watching commercials and Netflix still has enough stuff I want to watch so I'll keep that for now as well though I don't find myself browsing the library nearly as much as I used to. It has some interesting stuff like Formula 1, Drive to Survive and BBC shows I like that they put up to watch a season or 2 late (which I don't mind waiting for as I don't have a cable package) like Broadchurch, Death in Paradise and Comedians in Cars getting Coffee.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
First, Cavill is too buff for the Witcher - he's supposed to be a lean and mean in my opinion, not Conan the Barbarian.

Second, the series should be like Star Trek to a certain extent - each episode is a new demon hunt (and a new woman to seduce), but an overarching story with a "big baddy" ties the season together and provides bridges from season to season.

Clearly, all SJW aside, this was overly influenced by GoT and looks to inject too much political intrigue and personal drama and blah blah blah blah. Stawp.

And said SJW would not allow the "episodic seduction".

Anyway, to my mind, it is completely missing the mark.

• 2Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
But the Witcher world is full of political intrigue and personal drama. At least the games are.

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Wasn't there tons of political intrigue in the Witcher series? I gave up on 2 and 3 early because I didn't like the gameplay, but I remember 1 essentially being about political intrigue while you go kill monsters(and humans).

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Khane

Yes, the main story line in 3 was entirely about warring nations and political intrigue.

• 1Salty

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I wish Netflix had to do an E3 like press conference where some dude is out there pretending to be enthusiastic to a silent audience.

"This year alone we are adding twelve thousand new Bollywood titles. Eleven thousand exclusively on Netflix!"

Please clap.

"Not only that, but the first 1000 of our exclusive lineup will be available to stream... Right Now!"

Please clap.

"Our metrics show that you, the viewers , love Adam Sandler. Therefore we have contracted exclusive streaming rights to five new Hanna Gadsby depression standup specials!"

Please clap.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Not sure if anyone in this community is full of more nerd rage than khorum khorum . The fat blue-hair of the other side of the spectrum.

• 2Salty
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
Not sure if anyone in this community is full of more nerd rage than khorum khorum . The fat blue-hair of the other side of the spectrum.

LMFAO what spectrum would that be, you colossal fucking faggot?

Not satisfied with having Preacher ruined by SJW virtue-signalling femcucks like you, you're gonna pretend __THIS__ pile of shit is gonna somehow come out "decent" now?

• 1Like