The Netflix Thread

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Iron Sky is on Netflix Streaming now. Stop what you are doing and watch it
wink.png

Oldbased

> Than U
Iron Sky was really good. It reminded me a lot of Sucker Punch in how it was filmed and wrote.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Unicorn City was surprisingly enjoyable, like the funny version of The Wild Hunt that doesn't end like a Korean revenge movie.

Rodro_sl

shitlord
If you're down for a good stand up try Patrice O'neal: elephant in the room. Also "the grey" if it wasn't mentioned earlier.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Just watched "The Grey" the other day and found it to be a fairly enjoyable flick.

Found another random movie that provided some haha. "Employee of the Year"

Moonball

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was surprised by Arn: The Knight Templar. I liked it. I just finished watching all 3 Girl with the Dragon Tattoo moves, and it came up as a recommendation.

Aonin

Golden Knight of the Realm
"The Man From Earth" was really good. Think I saw it recommended on the old FoH thread.

Caliane

Iron Sky was hilarious.

Go watch Unicorn City. It provided more than a few laughs. =)
yeah, got around to Iron sky. Got to admit, not quite what I expected. Didn't hate it at all. so silly.

Unicorn City was ok. It kindof bugged me the main girl was entirely too attractive. It really fucked with the narrative for the early parts. I don't care how big of a geek she is, you can't overlook that..

Azmadeus

Trakanon Raider
Started watching the TV show White Collar on Netflix. The wife and I have both enjoyed the 1st and 2nd season.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
I just watched Iron Sky. Friggin' awesome. So many subtle little calls to other movies...just fantastic.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not on netflix yet but its out for DL Silver Linings playbook, I thought it was going to be god awful so maybe thats why I thought it was actually a pretty decent movie

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I watched 'Love' recently. Strange movie, but thought it well done. Somewhat 2001'esque. Some wonderful cinematography.

SlyyDaugg_sl

shitlord
Headhunters is definitely worth watching.

God Bless America could have been SOOOO much more fun.

Tucker and Dale is good fun, but I think it would have been even better if we weren't in on the joke right from the get go.

Would have been more fun to spend a half hour strictly from the dumb college kids' perspective before a reveal -- after that it would have been double the fun.

Why is everyone so down on Red State? It's B-grade, sure, but I thought it was pretty fun stuff.

Slither is on Netflix now. That's a big no-brainer. Like special-effects, sci-fi horror like Carpenter's The Thing? Then you've probably already seen Slither. If you have, you loved it. If you didn't, fuck you. If you've never seen it, you know what to do tonight.

Battle Royale is not one of my favs, but, hey, Tarentino loves it and so do a lot of people, so there's that. I thought it was decent.

Timecrimes is a great foreign indie. Time-loop stuff, really fun, just gets better every step of the way.

Finally, I've got to mention one that I think is just incredibly underrated -- not that's it's a GREAT movie, but it's consistently rated as a BAD movie. It's not, though. It's a fucking damn good thriller, and the reason people underrate it is because they think it's supposed to be a horror film, and it's not at all. It's a supernatural thriller: Skeleton Key. I highly recommend it. It's got a bad name it sure as fuck doesn't deserve. Watch it PLEASE then come let me know if you agree. Very good acting, decent directing, and a SUPERB plot that WILL surprise you. That's really what puts Skeleton Key over the top when it comes to the supernatural thriller genre -- its tightly-woven plot. Watch it twice and you'll have plenty of "ah ha!" moments like you do with The Sixth Sense (also a supernatural thriller).