The Netflix Thread

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Do you guys not see the meta commentary Xevy is pulling here? To highlight moronic hottakes, he must first make them himself.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll defer to your expertise then.

Pretty sure it's funny because the statement the movie is trying to make is literally the ones these Facebook boomers are thinking they're championing. Kids being sexualized younger and younger by society and all the shit out there that parents aren't watching carefully enough or can't watch. I definitely read that the dance scene was probably too long and/or too in depth, but the rest of it is just like a coming of age story where the girl ends up going through the social media THOT phase and ends up at the end SPOILERS going back to just being a kid LITERALLY GOING TO PLAY JUMP ROPE. But the cover got too many weirdos turnt sexually so they had to start a crusade to try and throw people off their own weird sexualization of kids. Like the butt thing. I think it's in a part where the girls get in a fight and they pants her and you see her butt. I don't know about you, but kids butts don't do much for me, and if you went through all of the 1990's and 1980's I bet you could find a SHIT TON of movies with kids mooning people. Sometimes butts are funny. Usually, in fact.

And before you all get accusatory I'll have you know I ONLY browse the milf sections of the internet, thank you VERY much. If you want to know the real skinny we'll probably have to wait for Bubbles to give us a full review.
"Rape is terrible, and to prove it, we need to make a movie with actual rape to prove our point."

This is you right now.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Bets on which demographic gets eaten?
This came out, while it's as dumb as you expect the Jurassic World movie coincides at Episode 4 so it's not entirely a spinoff prequel.

Claire was not the only retard at that park.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Scanned through it. Thankfully the nudity wasn't one of the 11 year old actresses, it was from some video on YouTube, I'm going to assume that actress was 18+. There's definitely a bunch of sexually-suggestive dancing by 11 year olds. I get how this is a film meant to criticize culture: youths are influenced by our culture which is fucking degenerate, so they emulate this degenerate behavior. Monkey sees X behavior is popular and gets likes, so monkey does X behavior. They should have done this with 18+ jailbait-looking actresses instead, the message would still be on point and it wouldn't be legal pedo wank material.

I'm reminded of a journal passage from the 1400s during the discovery of America stating that native female children would act in overt sexually provocative ways toward the explorers. Apparently our culture is degenerating to the point of being primitives again. The older I get the better the conservative culture of the enlightenment through to the 1950s looks.

The IMDB guide said there was frontal 11 year old nudity, was that not accurate?

Boomer Brigade: ASSEMBLED! Where's Boozecube to call me a faggot?

Aren't you like 35?

But then again aren't you also a "professional" twitch streamer? So I guess you have to match the mentality of your average viewers.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Grez

Trakanon Raider
The IMDB guide said there was frontal 11 year old nudity, was that not accurate?

I think it's inaccurate. The nudity was from some video on youtube or whatever of other people dancing. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt the actor in that shot is 18+.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Actually my guess is that the underage nudity was in the Euro cut and was removed from the NA cut.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
"Rape is terrible, and to prove it, we need to make a movie with actual rape to prove our point."

This is you right now.
This is a bullshit argument, this is exactly how filmmakers have highlighted shit in the past. Like the guy who made Funny Games making you sit there with the murder of a child for like 2 minutes of just inaction and silence, or the reversal at the end of that film, or Twin Peaks criticizing American procedural TV by making American procedural TV and flipping it. Or a movie that shows some trans/crossdressing/whatever chick from Nebraska getting beat to death, the film isn't in support of that idea. There's literally thousands of other examples just of films, having a movie be anti-thing and including thing in said movie is old hat.

It's too bad that apparently this movie is just jerk bait for pedos or whatever. This whole discussion just distracts from the larger issue of these influences on preteen girls. None of this shit is made up, preteen twerk teams and girls watching social media sexualizing themselves younger and younger, etc. It's all real, and it's all over the country. People complain about child asses on the screen, and yet there are dance competitions/events all over the country where that shit is center stage, there's probably one today somewhere.

• 2Picard
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This is a bullshit argument, this is exactly how filmmakers have highlighted shit in the past. Like the guy who made Funny Games making you sit there with the murder of a child for like 2 minutes of just inaction and silence, or the reversal at the end of that film, or Twin Peaks criticizing American procedural TV by making American procedural TV and flipping it. Or a movie that shows some trans/crossdressing/whatever chick from Nebraska getting beat to death, the film isn't in support of that idea. There's literally thousands of other examples just of films, having a movie be anti-thing and including thing in said movie is old hat.

It's too bad that apparently this movie is just jerk bait for pedos or whatever. This whole discussion just distracts from the larger issue of these influences on preteen girls. None of this shit is made up, preteen twerk teams and girls watching social media sexualizing themselves younger and younger, etc. It's all real, and it's all over the country. People complain about child asses on the screen, and yet there are dance competitions/events all over the country where that shit is center stage, there's probably one today somewhere.

I agree there is a small benefit to this movie. Just like the clip of Xevy's where the parents tried their best to show support(where comedy meets real life) there are a LOT of parents that encourage this sick shit as a valid form of youth competition. The most shameful aspect of this is the lack of outrage by feminist movements that supposedly want to protect females. Sexualizing little girls is NOT how you do it. Anyone that supports this shit needs burned in a fire after Xevy's done jerking off to his 500th viewing of Cuties...for science.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

The difference is in how those other films were shot. The scene's were abhorrent and meant to shock. If they spent the whole movie hitting you over the head with those it would not have the same effect. This film embraces it and flaunts the sexuality through most of the film it sounds like. That is entirely fucking different and not shocking.

• 3Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

*epic over 9000 whoosh*

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The difference is in how those other films were shot. The scene's were abhorrent and meant to shock. If they spent the whole movie hitting you over the head with those it would not have the same effect. This film embraces it and flaunts the sexuality through most of the film it sounds like. That is entirely fucking different and not shocking.
Well none of us actually watched the fucking thing so none of us really know. I've heard both extremes, and the imdb stuff is gross, none of us want to watch it either, so idk. I'm inclined to believe the imdb shit and that it crossed the line into gross shit. Maybe they intended this to be shocking as well? We'll never know, which is annoying in itself.

But the concept of using imagery of a thing in order to decry that very thing, that's a staple of art throughout history.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Well none of us actually watched the fucking thing so none of us really know. I've heard both extremes, and the imdb stuff is gross, none of us want to watch it either, so idk. I'm inclined to believe the imdb shit and that it crossed the line into gross shit. Maybe they intended this to be shocking as well? We'll never know, which is annoying in itself.

But the concept of using imagery of a thing in order to decry that very thing, that's a staple of art throughout history.
The difference in shocking rape and murder scenes are they were simulated. This was not. That is why it crossed the line.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean just imagine the difference in tone if the security guard had recoiled in disgust rather than leering and drooling at the twerking 11 year olds?

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The difference in shocking rape and murder scenes are they were simulated. This was not. That is why it crossed the line.
If they had simulated the child crotch shots or whatever, would that solve all the issues? Again, none of us know because we don't watch the thing, but it sounds like more of a presentation thing than anything.

Like, if you read or watch Lolita, the moral of the story is not that teen girls are sexy and like to fuck. If you watch the movie, it purposely uses a young girl, sexualizing herself in response to shit going on around her, to make the audience uncomfortable.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor

Ya except a child or transgender weren't actually murdered to make those films. 10 year old girls were actually sexualized in order to make this film. It wasn't "implied", it wasn't CGI, and it wasn't adults acting as kids. It was actual kids performing and participating in their own sexualization. If you can't see the huge difference then you're being willfully ignorant.

• 3Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Ya except a child or transgender weren't actually murdered to make those films. 10 year old girls were actually sexualized in order to make this film. It wasn't "implied", it wasn't CGI, and it wasn't adults acting as kids. It was actual kids performing and participating in their own sexualization. If you can't see the huge difference then you're being willfully ignorant.
So if they came out tomorrow and said every shot that offended you was CGI then it would be ok? Come on man, that's bullshit. It's clearly more than that.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
So if they came out tomorrow and said every shot that offended you was CGI then it would be ok? Come on man, that's bullshit. It's clearly more than that.

this scenario is lawl

When they made "kids" they didn't use actual non teenager kids to portray that shit.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Yes. If it was filmed by 18 year olds or CGI'd then I personally wouldn't give a single fuck. Remember the movie "Kids"?
NC-17. But unlike Cuties they didn't use actual kids Chloe Sevigny was 20. Big fucking difference

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
But everything about it would be the same. Same scenes, same shots, same sexualization of kids. That logic doesn't make any sense to me. They aren't fucking the kids in this movie, do you think that's what this is?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
But everything about it would be the same. Same scenes, same shots, same sexualization of kids. That logic doesn't make any sense to me. They aren't fucking the kids in this movie, do you think that's what this is?
You're retarded if you can't see the difference between a 10 year old girl being sexualized in a movie scene and an 18 year old in the same scene.

• 3Like