The Netflix Thread

joz123

Potato del Grande
They better bring over Atlantis too then I will have no reason to use Prime video since they don't have Curb Your Enthusiasm anymore.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
SG1 got better as time went on with the over arching story lines rather than the planet of the week episodes they were in the beginning. I really liked the other ones too like Atlantis and the one where they were stuck on that ship that came later? Too bad it was only like 2 seasons.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
SG1 ended with season 8, everything after was weird religious camelot fanfic for Farscape actors + Inara.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
SG1 ended with season 8, everything after was weird religious camelot fanfic for Farscape actors + Inara.
I didn't mind all the Merlin stuff but the Ori as villains for multiple seasons got tiring.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

remember reading during or after season 9 that the Ori arc was planned for 5 years just about killed it for me.
i still prefer shows to have story of the week that ties into a season long arc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
remember reading during or after season 9 that the Ori arc was planned for 5 years just about killed it for me.
i still prefer shows to have story of the week that ties into a season long arc.
It worked for the most part, but sometimes it was kind of jarring. Oh the Ori are invading our galaxy and heading to wipe out earth, let’s help this random agrarian society increase their crop yield. It’s like all the open world games where you have a quest to save the world from imminent destruction but you stop to finish some fishing side quests first

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The Ori stuff sucked, and their power level was dialed up to 11 to make them a threat.

I liked the addition of the Farscape duo, but Claudia Black's character worked better outside of being a main character.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Final Season of Carmen San Diego is January 15th. S3 was cut a few episodes short due to covid so it's not known how many episodes will be in S4.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just watched Guest House. It was probably one of the worst movies Ive ever seen. I knew it wasnt going to be great since it stars Pauly Shore, but wow.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just watched Guest House. It was probably one of the worst movies Ive ever seen. I knew it wasnt going to be great since it stars Pauly Shore, but wow.

Holy cow have not heard that name in a long time. How is he looking these days? His name in the movie is Randy Cockfield!

Goatface

1608735414505.png

best reviews i found so far, says it looks pretty

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i saw that pop up too, i guess instead of the usual Dec/Jan dump to theater thing they are going to netflix this year

there are another 3-4 post apocalyptic kinda movies out at the same time like Skylines, Breach (Bruce Willis lol)

also a SHIT LOAD of horror movies got dropped in the past week like Empty Man, Shortcut

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
i saw that pop up too, i guess instead of the usual Dec/Jan dump to theater thing they are going to netflix this year

there are another 3-4 post apocalyptic kinda movies out at the same time like Skylines, Breach (Bruce Willis lol)

also a SHIT LOAD of horror movies got dropped in the past week like Empty Man, Shortcut
Why is there always a fucking kid? It really bugs me. I like watching The Struggle but not with kids involved.

Although I will say The Road was ABOUT his relationship with the kid, and I saw it before I had my own, so I actually liked it.

Anyhoo.......

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I still can't fathom why streaming services haven't implemented a "random episode, random season" button for shows with more than 1 season. Especially now that Netflix has the "random shit" button. It would be a godsend for shows like Letterkenny, Rick and Morty, What We Do In the Shadows, Always Sunny, etc.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Why is there always a fucking kid? It really bugs me. I like watching The Struggle but not with kids involved.

Although I will say The Road was ABOUT his relationship with the kid, and I saw it before I had my own, so I actually liked it.

Anyhoo.......
I started watching it and it seemed worth watching until he finds the kid. It immediately devolved into some tropey bullshit and I turned it off.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I started watching it and it seemed worth watching until he finds the kid. It immediately devolved into some tropey bullshit and I turned it off.
If you got past the part where they describe K-23 and saw the big visuals, you're done. The rest of it isn't terribly fascinating past that.

It strains belief that something so cataclysmic could happen to Earth and the ship not be aware of it, Jupiter isn't that fucking far. If that was the case then the decision to not address directly what happened is just a super weird artistic choice.

I wish they would have just done a movie about the colonists. That world was super interesting and beautiful. Instead we got human misery in the arctic.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
If you got past the part where they describe K-23 and saw the big visuals, you're done. The rest of it isn't terribly fascinating past that.

It strains belief that something so cataclysmic could happen to Earth and the ship not be aware of it, Jupiter isn't that fucking far. If that was the case then the decision to not address directly what happened is just a super weird artistic choice.

I wish they would have just done a movie about the colonists. That world was super interesting and beautiful. Instead we got human misery in the arctic.
I'm going to go with this movie was shitty. I watched until I saw the kid and was like yup I know where this is going. So I fast forward to the last 15 minutes and yup I was right. These movies are getting to predictable.