The Netflix Thread

spronk

FPS noob
finished the Pacific Rim anime series, I enjoyed it. It ramps up, feels like it was just getting good when season 1 ended - only 7 episodes. I think there are some movie references but its been so long since I've seen them I dunno. I honestly can't even remember what Pacific Rim 2 is about.

Season 2 is in the works so should be out this year hopefully.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

I think there are some movie references but its been so long since I've seen them I dunno. I honestly can't even remember what Pacific Rim 2 is about.
i think at one point they referred to what Charlie Day did with the kiju's brains as a tech virus or something. remember stopping and looking to see if there was a book or something in between the movie and show. then realizing didn't want to remember anything about the 2nd movie and stopped.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah these documentaries suck. Stick to Kings and Generals on YouTube

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Interesting take on zombies. Looks like a fun watch. Cant hate anything big Dave Bautista's done so far.

Funny how they didnt say Snyder did Justice League lol

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems like it's gonna be nonsense and full of plotholes even for a zombie movie.

If the zombies have any level of intelligence at all as the trailer is suggesting then not only would that entire heist fail immediately but containment probably wouldn't have worked in the first place.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My guess for the backstory is they already wiped out most of the zombies after the initial outbreak and simply contained the stragglers, not wanting to spend the resources and lives to clean building to building. Years later the government has a plan to crater the whole region and that's the "countdown timer" part for getting to the vault and back out. But then they find out the zombies are intelligent and have been breeding while hiding their numbers.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My guess for the backstory is they already wiped out most of the zombies after the initial outbreak and simply contained the stragglers, not wanting to spend the resources and lives to clean building to building. Years later the government has a plan to crater the whole region and that's the "countdown timer" part for getting to the vault and back out. But then they find out the zombies are intelligent and have been breeding while hiding their numbers.
My guess is we find out these are all the millions of voters who were brought back from the dead to vote for Biden in 2020 and now they cant get rid of them so they locked them in Vegas.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I found this movie very good for what it is. I love simple movies like this, and it's got a really neat ending most people won't really get but if you do it's pretty neat.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Anyone else watch the new John Stamos show? It wasn’t bad. He plays some douchebag college basketball coach who goes from the top to the bottom. Basically trying to do his best Bad News Bears Billy Bob Thornton impression. I’ll keep watching it.

spronk

FPS noob

spronk

FPS noob

thats 49m households watched Firefly Lane, but Netflix counts as a view any house that watched a show for at least 2 mins. I nope'd out of Firefly lane after 10 mins but I count as a view.

Netflix also announced financials, they are currently at 208m global subs and 74m US subs, slightly below what they forecast as growth is slowing every year. Stock is down 8% for the day but they are up still ~20% year over year.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider

thats 49m households watched Firefly Lane, but Netflix counts as a view any house that watched a show for at least 2 mins. I nope'd out of Firefly lane after 10 mins but I count as a view.

Netflix also announced financials, they are currently at 208m global subs and 74m US subs, slightly below what they forecast as growth is slowing every year. Stock is down 8% for the day but they are up still ~20% year over year.

Didn't they also raise prices or announce a price raise fairly recently? That is usually good to squeeze out a bump in share prices.

Animosity

I just resubbed to Netflix after 6 months. Jesus still nothing worth watching on this thing.

• 1Like