The Netflix Thread

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Had no idea it was a sequel, I am also a sucker for Hurt Locker type movies.
The first one, just titled "Monsters", is a great little indi/low-budget scifi. You should check it out. I avoided the sequel because I heard it was bad, but now you bastards are throwing out comparisons to Black Hawk Down (one of my fav movies) and The Hurt Locker, so now I really want to watch it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The first one, just titled "Monsters", is a great little indi/low-budget scifi. You should check it out. I avoided the sequel because I heard it was bad, but now you bastards are throwing out comparisons to Black Hawk Down (one of my fav movies) and The Hurt Locker, so now I really want to watch it.
Don't. Almost nothing actually happens. I mean, it isn't the worst movie I've ever watched, but it wasn't something I'll ever watch again either, and I won't miss it if it completely vanishes from my memory.

EDIT: Yes, I saw the first one as well, and liked the first one much more. Still not great, but a decent watch. Second one, not so much.

Caliane

Don't. Almost nothing actually happens. I mean, it isn't the worst movie I've ever watched, but it wasn't something I'll ever watch again either, and I won't miss it if it completely vanishes from my memory.

EDIT: Yes, I saw the first one as well, and liked the first one much more. Still not great, but a decent watch. Second one, not so much.
just watched it. Same.
Thought the name looked familiar, didnt connect it to the first one, till you guys talking. I had skipped over it, due to the 1 star rating netflix was listing for me.
so watched it after being talked up here. its.. .ok. not much happens. Sortof a more military, no shitty ass shakeycam Cloverfield. Great FX. the 1 star rating is lower then it should be. but the movie itself is kindof boring, and not super memorable, so would not actually recommend it.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Movies on NetFlix that are worth watching:

These Final Hours
Odd Thomas
Abduction of Eden
Boy Wonder
Django
Stardust
Expendables 3
Warriors
Homefront

Rime

<Donor>
I will chime in on These Final Hours.

Thought it was going to be an apocalyptic violence fest and while it has some of that, it is much more emotional and tied to the 'growth' of the main character as a person during the end of the world. Lots of boobies during the party scene as well! (Note: There is a child that whines/complains/asks for help in about 75% of the movie - Not as bad as the little boy from the Babadook. Just put this in here because some people lost their shit over that kid.)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
They Came Together, a Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler romantic comedy spoof cowritten by Michael Showalter. Lots of random other people in it too. I thought it was hilarious.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
These Final Hours -http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/these_final_hours/

Was just scrolling through Netflix on the Recently Added section. Looked interesting. Really glad I watched it. It's totally performance/story based. It's an indie film from Australia about the world coming to an end very shortly. Really good performances, especially by the lead, and a very classy and touching take on apocalypse.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
"The One I Love", Mark Duplass and Elizabeth Moss with a small role by Ted Danson.

Not at all what I expected. It's tagged as a comedy/drama. I didn't think it was a comedy at all. You can't tell this by the description but it's a sci-fi? Fantasy? Ambiguous.

I liked it either way.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Just watched Stardust after you guys talked about it in this thread and it was great. Can't believe I missed it back when it came out, now i'm gonna have to do some extensive digging and see if there are any more movies I missed that I shouldn't have.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't think there is a similar thread for HBO Go titles, but I watched a movie on there called Coffee Town that I thought was hilarious. It has Glenn Howerton (Dennis from Always Sunny...), Ben Schwartz (Jean-Ralphio from Parks and Rec) and Steve Little (Stevie Janowski from Eastbound and Down). It also has the insanely hot Adrienne Palicki, who regrettably, does not get naked. Josh Groban was pretty funny in it as well.

A website manager enlists the help of his two friends in order to convince the owners of his favorite coffee shop -- which doubles as his office -- not to turn their business into a bar.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Watched Primer last night. It was great. No fucking clue how I missed it for 11 years.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Watched Primer last night. It was great. No fucking clue how I missed it for 11 years.
here you go
VACTBSE.jpg

open img in new tab for expansion or
http://i.imgur.com/VACTBSE.jpg

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seriously. Probably one of the most depressing movies I've ever watched. Luckily I stopped halfway through to look them up (if you know what I mean), before they were ruined for me.

If they weren't so young and dumb I probably wouldn't have minded it as much. I mean, it's hard to be mad at someone who's making that much money. But their naivety really fucked it up for me.
Yea, that boyfriend was so fucking young and stupid. I wish I could just shake him and say QUIT BEING SUCH A BETA, YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS GETTING RAILED FOR MONEY WHILE YOU ARE HER EMOTIONAL TAMPON FUCKING GROW A SPINE!