The Netflix Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father

Not sure if you can live a meaningful life without seeing this movie.
That was gut-wrenching... I was incredulous throughout the entire telling of what really happened.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
That was gut-wrenching... I was incredulous throughout the entire telling of what really happened.
Yeah, the story is pretty insane. All of it true. Way better than I expected it would be. Lots of feels and rustled jimmies.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I watched "Safety Not Guaranteed" the other night. It wasn't bad for a lighthearted romance (not really a comedy). Mostly I like Aubrey Plaza and the "The League" guy.

Szlia

Just watched "My Way",[...]Lots of places have been saying its based on a true story, but that's a huge overstatement. In reality, the writer completely made up his own story based on seeing [the story of a korean soldier who fought for the japanese, russian and german army before being captured in Normandy by the american troops]
Actually, the part about a korean national winning the Olympic marathon in 1936 under the Japanese flag and with a japanized name is also true!

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Ghost Protocol was terrible, but there were some really beautiful scenes of Dubai/India and over the film is worth trying to watch.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ghost Protocol was terrible, but there were some really beautiful scenes of Dubai/India and over the film is worth trying to watch.
Ghost Protocol will always have a warm, safe place in my heart for how brutal it was to Tom Cruise. he got destroyed in every action scene. i loved it.

i don't know if anyone mentioned it, but one night the wife and i sat down to watch Immortals. i wanted to like this movie so badly... SO BADLY... but we just could not get into it. the next night she was knitting and wanted me to watch crossing jordan with her. i was like, eff that noise. if you want to hang out with me, we are watching ninjas. so i just randomly put on "The Warrior's Way." the premise was so bizarre i was kind of hoping she would tell me the movie was stupid and that i should go play video games while she knitted. maybe it's because it was so bizarre but we absolutely loved the movie. i mean, i can totally get why it wasn't very widely advertised as it's just... a mish-mash of styles and genres... but good lord was that a fun movie. when i put the movie on she gave me the biggest eye roll but within 5 minutes we were both hooked.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Ethan Hunt will sacrafice his body to save the world, and also, to do just about anything at all.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I see your ghost protocol and raise you hunger games - something i avoided like the plague due to the public obsession of it and the notion that it'd be stupid hot chicks with crossbows - alas, i really enjoyed watching it after finding it at the bottom of the sci fi instant que last night

miseaujeu_sl

shitlord
Went to bump Primer for instant view. A really cool idea that they work with in an interesting way. Totally worth the time spent !

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I see your ghost protocol and raise you hunger games - something i avoided like the plague due to the public obsession of it and the notion that it'd be stupid hot chicks with crossbows - alas, i really enjoyed watching it after finding it at the bottom of the sci fi instant que last night
It is better than the book. The books are terrible. I didn't mind the movie so much.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Flash Point the movie was extremely good. It starts a little slow but the ending action sequence and final fights were just amazing.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
They added a ton of new TV stuff on Netflix the past few days. A lot of Cartoon Network stuff, Justice League stuff etc. Oh, and Live action Tick.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Can you guys name a few horror movies I can queue up that are decent? I've seen VHS, Trick or treat, House of the Devil.

Caliane

Absentia.
the new daughter. oh, looking its not on instant anymore.

The evil dead is on instant too. Although the first one is pretty rough.

Looking for scary? campy? high budget? low budget? old, new?

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Sticking with the theme of the thread, but not stuff we all should've seen already.

Edit: I used to go to sleep to Event Horizon when I was younger, because I loved it so much.