The Netflix Thread

spronk

FPS noob
"we need the government to give us free stuff, quarantine has destroyed the economy!"
"wait, why is inflation 50% now, we need even MORE free money!"

"I support rent control and eviction halts, the government should step in to make sure housing is affordable."
"Why has non rent control prices jumped 300% in one year???"

"Yes, I fully support the government forcing companies to stop making gasoline cars and mandating 70% EV in 10 years, I love Mother Earth and support hyer".
"why the fuck have car MSRP prices jumped 100% in 5 years and there are no cheap new cars anymore?"

"Pay the writers and actors a fair wage, I support them striking for more money!"
"Wait, you are raising the prices on your streaming service? Thats not fair, the money should come from somewhere other than me!"

Torrenting movies and shows is so 2023, the future will be 3D printing houses and cars

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think it’s silly to not expect them to want residuals off of streaming and protections against AI. I’m fine with those things. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
"we need the government to give us free stuff, quarantine has destroyed the economy!"
"wait, why is inflation 50% now, we need even MORE free money!"

"I support rent control and eviction halts, the government should step in to make sure housing is affordable."
"Why has non rent control prices jumped 300% in one year???"

"Yes, I fully support the government forcing companies to stop making gasoline cars and mandating 70% EV in 10 years, I love Mother Earth and support hyer".
"why the fuck have car MSRP prices jumped 100% in 5 years and there are no cheap new cars anymore?"

"Pay the writers and actors a fair wage, I support them striking for more money!"
"Wait, you are raising the prices on your streaming service? Thats not fair, the money should come from somewhere other than me!"

Torrenting movies and shows is so 2023, the future will be 3D printing houses and cars

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think it’s silly to not expect them to want residuals off of streaming and protections against AI. I’m fine with those things. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I'm not sold on residuals. What other industries operate like that?

The silly part is not whether what they were demanding was reasonable. The silly part was how the whole thing sounded when taken in context of who was going to ultimately pay: consumers already fed up with a myriad of subscription services littered with subpar content.

I mean, they got bit too, no? Some writers ultimately lost their jobs.

• 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i build you a sweet apartment building. you pay me for my work, but i also want a piece of the rent you collect every month.
Tarrant:i think its silly not to expect them to want residuals

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Trying to keep scott pilgrim going probably won't work. its a seminal growing up comic/movie. it was specific to that time period and those young adults. its like FLCL, etc.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
image0.jpg

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still have the 4K Netflix Verizon deal through Christmas but they don't let you prestack another year. I expect there will be thousands of people looking to re-up with whatever the next deal is so there should be tons of guides on what to cancel and click through by December. Current ones are pay $75-85 for a year of AMC+ or STARZ and get 4K Netflix free

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Looking forward to this. Wife and I have followed this guy for a bit.

spronk

FPS noob
Looking forward to this. Wife and I have followed this guy for a bit.

matt rife has been touring around the US for a while now and his show is pretty hilarious, he is massively huge on tik tok which means his live shows are just packed with young folks. lotta hot girls too tbh who are clearly in love with him

still a shit load of shows left in 2023, he is absolutely hilarious but also just brilliant at off the cuff chatting with the audience. very young burr, rock, Louis CK, etc energy

Kiki

Log Wizard
He was just on two bears talking about becoming famous in under a year basically and his female fanbase. Alot of his work online is of his crowd work but his stand up shows don't always have alot of that.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, him and Michael Blaustein are two that my wife and I are fans of thanks in large part to all the short-format videos, would love to see the latter get the Netflix treatment too.

I wanted to see Matt Rife but his stuff's all sold out. Taylor Tomlinson is the only comedian I've gone and seen in person.