The Netflix Thread

Caliane

I didn't post about "you're next"?

If you are looking for a violent home invasion movie, then you are in the right place. But, it also adds awkwardness and black humor like pulp fiction and fargo
From the reviews. probably a good description.
It has that feel of a cabin in the woods, etc. A bit campy.
Sadly, when this first came out, I passed it off as a "the strangers", "the intruders", etc rip-off. It is not remotely. Its almost a parody of them.

Netflix plot summery.
A shy girl goes to her new boyfriend's family reunion and must join their bloody fight for survival when a gang of masked hooligans invades the party.
Plot twist #1. Shy girl is the daughter of a Marine/soldier, and SUPER effective at killing. Quickly becomes a homealone/Evil dead, with the family all cowering in fear, while she slaughters the home invaders left and right

Column_sl

shitlord
I didn't find it through netflix but the movie Open Grave was better than I thought.

Don't wanna give away too much, but it was a slightly different take on the genre.

Dude wakes up in an open mass grave with amnesia. He makes it out with help from a silent stranger, and meets up with others who also can't remember what's going on. That's when shit gets real!
Open Grave started really good, but just fell apart towards the end.

They were just trying to tell a story that was too long for an hour , and a half. Everything kind of felt rushed when it got into the last 30 min.

Column_sl

shitlord

Sadly, when this first came out, I passed it off as a "the strangers", "the intruders", etc rip-off. It is not remotely. Its almost a parody of them.

Netflix plot summery.

Plot twist #1. Shy girl is the daughter of a Marine/soldier, and SUPER effective at killing. Quickly becomes a homealone/Evil dead, with the family all cowering in fear, while she slaughters the home invaders left and right
I liked it, although it is a horrible movie. It's a perfect get drunk together with friends movie, and I wish I would have watched it when it came to the theatres.

Perfect Saturday night midnight movie.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I never saw Freaks and Geeks, so I watched it. Really good show. Now I wish I hadn't watched it. Started watching Undeclared but it isn't as good, idk if I'll finish, only like 3 episodes in.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Some One Marry Barry --- Decent dude comedy 8/10 for Netflix movies

Ass Backwards --- Female version of Dumb and Dumber 7.5/10 for Netflix movies

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I liked Someone Marry Barry as well. A little formulaic, but had some fairly funny moments, and I like the main guy (Barry). Can't remember his name, but he was Sock from Reaper, and the non-Firefly guy from Tucker & Dale vs. Evil.

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Pretty decent Korean movie called Confessions of a Murderer has a couple of nice twists in it, though the tone is off (has a couple of slapstick moments in what is basically a mystery/thriller) still an enjoyable movie.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Mine Games was a decent horror film. Worth the watch.
I was back and forth on Mine Games but it does end up a decent horror film. I kept comparing it to other, similar, movies in my head while watching it but it was competently made.

Randomly watchedThe Best Offera few weeks ago despite it not appearing to be about anything of any interest at all but i turned out to be one of my favorite movies of the year. I think that it's on Norwiegan Netflix.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Smurfs 2 - I'm posting this not because ya'll should watch it or anything, but because it was way better than it had right to be. It honestly is true to the source material. All the characters felt right - except the characters not from the cartoon which were all painful throwaways, especially Blue.
There were inside jokes and easter eggs aplenty.
I queued it for kid fodder, but was pleasantly surprised.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

Netflix plot summery.

If you like campy, over the top, rediculous B horror, you should enjoy this movie.

It was a good theatre experience, but I imagine at home with a group of friends and some booze, you should enjoy it as well.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I didn't find it through netflix but the movie Open Grave was better than I thought.

Don't wanna give away too much, but it was a slightly different take on the genre.

Dude wakes up in an open mass grave with amnesia. He makes it out with help from a silent stranger, and meets up with others who also can't remember what's going on. That's when shit gets real!
The production company owes you royalties for such a perfect synopsis....I can just see that printed on the back of the case.

Caliane

Smurfs 2 - I'm posting this not because ya'll should watch it or anything, but because it was way better than it had right to be. It honestly is true to the source material. All the characters felt right - except the characters not from the cartoon which were all painful throwaways, especially Blue.
There were inside jokes and easter eggs aplenty.
I queued it for kid fodder, but was pleasantly surprised.
I found it pretty terrible.

Also, the brainwashing backstory for Smurfette is really creepy.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Judge Dredd ( the sequel? ) on netflix. I enjoyed it! Urban makes an awsome Dredd. Good scifi / action.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
[Xfinity] [HBO OnDemand] Epic - It's like Fern Gully / Avatar. I enjoyed it from start to finish. Typically comic relief is rage worthy distracting, but Aziz is in charge and wins every scene.

Only complaint
The guy's staff rots everything. It takes down even trees. It turns a bird to skeleton near instantly. But when the main character is hit with it, it merely bruises his chest. Arguing his armor protected him is BS because his armor is made of leaves, plants, things already proven to decay instantly. Then the guy steps in it. His own foot should rot off too.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's new. Just came out on Friday. It was filmed in black & white, but the content was great. Very funny.