The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In my opinion the Ravens absolutely would have beaten both of those teams. Colts are in a weak division and played the Bengals who have like never won a playoff game in the coaches history and Manning who was hurt and played like garbage.
Fucking Flacco why did he throw that ball. I have PTSD over this shit. Go twelve men or whatever the fuck.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like the SB comes down to how much extra work the Seahawks offense and special teams create for the defense. If they have another game like today, I think the Patriots win. Belicheat won't puss out on 4th and goal from the 1 like McFatty did, and Brady has better receivers than Rodgers. Blount probably won't be destroying the Seahawks the way he is destroying the Colts though.

So I think the SB is really the Seahawks game to lose, but the way they played today proves they're quite capable of giving it away.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
if BB stays when Brady goes I think they'll still end up division winners. The dolphins bills and jets dont seem to be on track to getting their shit together, still.
I hope Rex beats your fucking asses into the turf for ten years straight. Lifelong Bills fandom.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I feel like the SB comes down to how much extra work the Seahawks offense and special teams create for the defense. If they have another game like today, I think the Patriots win. Belicheat won't puss out on 4th and goal from the 1 like McFatty did, and Brady has better receivers than Rodgers. Plus, Blount won't be destroying the Seahawks the way he is destroying the Colts.

So I think the SB is really the Seahawks game to lose, but the way they played today proves they're quite capable of giving it away.
This is pretty accurate imo. The Seahawks won't survive another performance from the offense(minus Lynch) like that again. That said, I don't think our offense will play that way again.

This is pretty accurate imo. The Seahawks won't survive another performance from the offense(minus Lynch) like that again. That said, I don't think our offense will play that way again.
Had a friend text me that Wilson was playing a normal game for him. I about lost my shit laughing so hard. I mean he isn't flacco elite, but c'mon.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rex is awesome. Sanchez can manage games but you need an elite D and run game. Wasn't enough in the window he created. Maybe Buffalo will be a different story.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Could this game suck any worse? At least the hawks pack interception festival was fun.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Probably not, but the defense also won't have the overwhelming advantage of Century Link.
Aside from maybe 1 wasted timeout and a pair of false starts, the 12th man didn't seem to make that big of a difference. Certainly didn't seem to be affecting Rodgers.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aside from maybe 1 wasted timeout and a pair of false starts, the 12th man didn't seem to make that big of a difference. Certainly didn't seem to be affecting Rodgers.
Crowd sounded way louder during the offensive come back plays. Can't say I blame them.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like the SB comes down to how much extra work the Seahawks offense and special teams create for the defense. If they have another game like today, I think the Patriots win. Belicheat won't puss out on 4th and goal from the 1 like McFatty did, and Brady has better receivers than Rodgers. Blount probably won't be destroying the Seahawks the way he is destroying the Colts though.

I don't know, I feel like Lacy was tearing it up to start, but at some point the Packers offensive playcalling just went terrible.

I really feel like this is a game where Belichick and Brady will show their experience and just gameplan the shit out of it. I could be wrong though. I also feel like the Seahawks will have way more confidence than they should after that shitshow. Whereas the Patriots have been burned in this same position so many times.

A good example of the difference between GB and NE is you don't see them stepping off the gas here even though they're up 31. McFatty was comfortable with a small 2 possession lead.