The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Didn't watch the game, someone please tell me there was a questionable call that swayed the NFC game so we can say the refs have advanced all the way to the SB.

On an unrelated note. LOL @ cheatercheck again. I hope it's got enough legs for us to see patriots fans rationalize it by saying that even if they did cheat, that didn't need to because there's no way it made that much difference.
NFC Championship game was mostly well called, with the refs being hands off towards the end. Most egregious calls were a Unsportsman call on a GB guy for saying a couple words to a guy that moved a pick to the 25 instead of the 5, super ticky tacky offsides calls on Seattle early, and not calling the late hit on Matthews a dead ball foul and thus adding the yardage to the play. None of those calls mattered. We kicked a FG on 4th and one from the one yard line, Seattle played like shit the first half, and we gave up a 30 yard fair catch, respectively. IT was probably the best officiated game that stadium has seen.

The taping thing might have gone away at some point, but not when the Commish is personal friends with the NE owner and destroys the evidence. The constant envelope pushing that goes on under certain coaches tends to add to their reputation. People like Carroll and BB are why we have rulebooks five times as long as 20 years ago, despite the fundamental rules not changing in a century.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
By the way, I have to mention that I think Andrew Luck is the best in the league at having his swearing picked up on the mike. Both last week and this week I heard him saying fuck before they could cut the audio. This game it was from the endzone after the Colt's lone touchdown you could hear him yelling "Now that's what the fuck I'm talking about!" and then the audio went mute for a second.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't watch the game, someone please tell me there was a questionable call that swayed the NFC game so we can say the refs have advanced all the way to the SB.

On an unrelated note. LOL @ cheatercheck again. I hope it's got enough legs for us to see patriots fans rationalize it by saying that even if they did cheat, that didn't need to because there's no way it made that much difference.
IIRC the Seattle touchdown in the first half came off a drive where they badly bungled a personal foul on the Seahawks. It was a dead ball foul and it should have been 2nd and 46, but instead it was 2nd and 31 and Seattle ended up getting the first down. Regardless, 2nd and 31 should have been enough to stop that drive but the Packers let them keep going, so you can't blame the refs too bad. There were also back to back no calls on clear offensive PIs on one of the late Seahawk drives, but nothing to get fans fired up like the correctly called Dez incompletion.

I don't get throwing Bostwick under the bus. Someone had to make a play on the ball, the Seahawks were all over it and it had traveled 10 yards. Blame whoever that was that drew the taunting personal foul on that first pick that backed them up from the 4 to the 19, or blame Clinton-Dix for not even attempting to make a play on that 2 pt conversion toss up, because the Packers win if they had stopped that conversion. Don't throw Bostwick under the bus just because he's a convenient nobody.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
If you are struggling to root for either the Pats or Hawks, just remember Azeth is a Pats fan. Him being shut the fuck up and going the way of the Cathan would be at least a small silver lining to a Seattle win.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't get throwing Bostwick under the bus. Someone had to make a play on the ball, the Seahawks were all over it and it had traveled 10 yards. Blame whoever that was that drew the taunting personal foul on that first pick that backed them up from the 4 to the 19, or blame Clinton-Dix for not even attempting to make a play on that 2 pt conversion toss up, because the Packers win if they had stopped that conversion. Don't throw Bostwick under the bus just because he's a convenient nobody.
Read an article this morning he was told to block for jordy and not go for the ball so you certainly have to lay some blame on him

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I don't buy it. I have seen them checking the pressure in games before its not like they could slip some conspiracy bye. All it required is 1 person to say something.
That one person was Bill Belicheck and the something he said was "deflate those balls!!!"

Truly he is the NFL version of Hitler.

penalty_sl

shitlord
If you are struggling to root for either the Pats or Hawks, just remember Azeth is a Pats fan. Him being shut the fuck up and going the way of the Cathan would be at least a small silver lining to a Seattle win.
True, but the seahawk fans on footballs future and r/nfl are ungodly terrible.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Read an article this morning he was told to block for jordy and not go for the ball so you certainly have to lay some blame on him
Well if this really happened yeah it's fair to give him some shit, but it's not like you can really follow much of a gameplan for receiving an onside kick.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Coming from you, this is high praise.

Gronk is into the same sort of party life that basically got Welker run out of town, just that Gronk was essential to the team and Brady is good enough that any bag boy from the local Ralphs can probably play wideout in NE. Something about giant TEs makes them swinging dicks. We had the same bullshit with Mark Chamura in GB, who used to take Favre out cruising for poontang in Milwaukee all the time even after Favre got married. Chewy finally got the axe when he allegedly porked Holmgren's daughter.
What the fuck are you talking about.

Xevy

Log Wizard
That one person was Bill Belicheck and the something he said was "deflate those balls!!!"
Obviously D'Qwell Jackson, the one Colts player to catch a Patriots ball, should've immediately gone, "Hey, I caught this ball with my fingertips in the rain. Shit was so easy. Something is afoot! REFS! REEEFFFFSSS!"

Nah, that's what retards think. Patriots would've beaten us without cheating, but I'm going to conservatively figure it would've shaved off at least one TD and given us one field goal. So 38 to 10 Patriots is still a win, but it's not tainted with their usual slime like this one will be.

LET'S GO OSPREY!

Guy tucked up, no doubt about it. But when the ball is heading right for you and three sea hawks are a yard or two away from it then I can understand how you go after the ball. It was a play that contributed to them losing the game but the guy isn't the main reason they lost. Mcfatty's play calling in the second half and their offensive inability to punch the ball in on three red zone drives in the first ten minutes are the main culprits.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
And that retarded safety falling down on an Int rather than taking it back to the house with 5 minutes left.

And that retarded safety falling down on an Int rather than taking it back to the house with 5 minutes left.
Guy listened to peppers on that play, haha bears let him go to the pack so he could put the dagger in at the most opportune time or something like that. Also clinton-dix holding his dick on the 2 point conversion. But to me those are single plays that while they impacted the game certainly they could have been overcome if your game plan wasn't absolute shit and your offense actually played like an offense that is stacked with that talent early on. I know the saying is trite but if you put yourself in a position where a couple of bad plays beat you then you deserve the loss.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the bigger offense was them running 3 straight runs after that pick with 5 minutes left in the game. I said to myself that the Packers were going to regret that. Running out the clock at the point was pretty pointless.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You think the Pats losing is going to stop him from shitting up this thread?

I hope Brady can ride off into the sunset, Elway style. Even if he wins this SB, I can still justify calling Joe Cool the GOAT (besides just blatant homerism), because his SB wins weren't tainted. If Seattle wins, it's going to be fucking awful. Seattle was already chock full of pretentious, hipster shitheads. Now, you suddenly make all of those retards football "fans" and add them to a Seahawks bandwagon that was established in 2012? It's fucking unbearable.