The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Clearly, the partially deflated balls were lighter in Blount's hands, thus allowing him to run for ~180 yards and 3 TD's against the Colts. They should forfeit the win...clearly.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Why the fuck should pats fans be disappointed or frustrated? Fuck that. Literally who gives a fuck about some underinflated balls? If I was a pats fan I'd be rubbing it in everyone's face telling them to go buy some men's uggs and worship at the altar of Brady. Whiny faggots are mad about bullshit, why the fuck do you care?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I think it's funny how you supposed football people can pretend it wouldn't have made a difference in the game if Brady's completion % had been as shitty as Luck's was. Are they still scoring 45 points if half of his completions had been in the dirt?

lol

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Brady is a better QB than Luck, by light years, and he's never struggled vs soft teams like that. Luck always sucks vs the Pats. Brah, it's science.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
People are crazy if they think the Colts would have won if the balls were properly inflated.

Just like people are stupid if they think it's no big deal and the Pats shouldn't be punished just because they would have won anyways.

I think it's funny how you supposed football people can pretend it wouldn't have made a difference in the game if Brady's completion % had been as shitty as Luck's was. Are they still scoring 45 points if half of his completions had been in the dirt?

lol
if you cut their score in half, then deduct even another touchdown & extra point, then double the colts score its

15 pats
14 colts

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
lol. See? Even with your fucked up homer logic, at least it's a game at that point.

Brady may be a better QB, but look at their seasons and you'll see they had about the same completion % this year. That's why it's not a stretch to say if they were playing with the same ball in the wet weather, his accuracy would have taken the same hit Luck's did.

Colts need to find a backup QB named Good. Then Indy can argue whether it's better to be Lucky or Good.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Half the league is on drugs, we got refs blowing crucial calls in every game, and you coming at with some bullshit about underinfalted balls? In the NFL?

89754-Clay-Davis-SHIT-gif-The-Wire-S-yi7I.gif

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I love how we know 11/12 yet the investigation hasn't even been completed yet.

Need that DRAMA

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I think every Pats fan is face palming, if only for the bullshit we have to sit though.

That being said, giant mountains are being made out of mole hills. Fat asshole Francesca is campaigning for Belichick to be suspended for the Super Bowl. I mean, lol. Give me a fucking break.

Yea, this gives the h8rs ammo.... but its a joke.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Colts twitter reactions have been pretty great. Not the butthurt you're looking for. Dwayne Allen unfortunately summed it up best by saying it didn't matter if the Pats were playing with balls made of soap, they'd still have beat us.

But they're still cowards and cheats.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
People are crazy if they think the Colts would have won if the balls were properly inflated.

Just like people are stupid if they think it's no big deal and the Pats shouldn't be punished just because they would have won anyways.
I think it's stupid that this is a big deal because I'm pretty sure every single team is doing all kinds of "illegal" things for slight competitive advantages. I also believe the league looks the other way on most of it (steroids). In this very circumstance, it sounds like the officials don't actually care very much (lots of other QB's apparently saying everyone does it), but because someone decided to make a big stink about it now they have to respond. It honestly sounds like the refs don't take this part of the job that seriously. They probably blow off weighing them at the beginning of the game because...who gives a shit, really?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
They probably blow off weighing them at the beginning of the game because...who gives a shit, really?
Oh baby, you're gonna give a shit now, I'm sure its all we'll get to hear about leading up to, at at least through the first quarter of the game, how each ball has been personally checked and yadda, yadda, yadda.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
No one thinks the Colts would have won, and the idea of suspending Belicheat from the Super Bowl is ridiculous. However, they need to send a message that the rules apply to everyone, so docking them two high picks and suspending him at the start of next season is completely valid. I would also fine his ass 1M just on principal. The dude doesn't give a shit what the rules say.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
No one thinks the Colts would have won, and the idea of suspending Belicheat from the Super Bowl is ridiculous. However, they need to send a message that the rules apply to everyone, so docking them two high picks and suspending him at the start of next season is completely valid. I would also fine his ass 1M just on principal. The dude doesn't give a shit what the rules say.
If anything, I bet he gets a slap on the wrist. The league really probably doesn't want to go overboard here because, as I said above, it sounds like this is something every team is doing. Not only are they doing it, but they'vebeendoing it for decades.

Rodgers has said he pushes the envelope in the opposite direction (over inflated), Matt Leinart said it's something that every QB he knew did, and Terry Bradshaw was talking about doing it all the way back in the 70s.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I think a better way to handle this would be to abolish the rule and let all the teams inflate/deflate all their balls to whatever psi they want. Then we could have awesome graphics during the games showing what psi each team favors and have nerds in white coats tell us what effect this may or may not have on the game.

I think a better way to handle this would be to abolish the rule and let all the teams inflate/deflate all their balls to whatever psi they want. Then we could have awesome graphics during the games showing what psi each team favors and have nerds in white coats tell us what effect this may or may not have on the game.
this makes perfect sense considering each team has separate balls.

this is good. also fits the bill of the NFL trying to increase scoring... allows the QBs to perfectly doctor the ball to suit them.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hit the team or coach with a fine and make the league provide the balls if you really give a shit. The don't though which is why the teams are still providing them.