The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
rrr_img_88780.jpg

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
This just in, the laws of physics doesn't exist on the visiting sideline of the patriots stadium right? Their balls were inflated to the same PSI as the Patriots by the same refs, how come they didn't end up under inflated?
Except we don't know that. Colts balls could have been inflated outside to 13.5 psi and i am sure they were roughed up in indy not right before the game.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
He's gone Creslin, don't even try to explain it to him. He's got a nice year long vacation coming, plenty of time to think about deflated balls.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I dont think Wilfork is going to make much a difference. I think what you are going to see defensively is alot of run blitzing with the Linebackers and forcing Wilson to throw the ball. If, and its a huge if.. If the Pats can limit Lynch with Collins, then I think you will see Seattle struggle on offense.

Pats need to dink and dunk underneath offensively. Seahawks wont be hurt deep by NE other than a well timed Gronkowski seam route from a 3 TE set.
What is this shit? You trying to talk about football in the deflation thread? Get your own thread for that!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The only one laughing is going to be me, when Burnem's banned and everyone here is crying like little bitches about Welchgate. Fill me with your hate tears, my victory will be that much greater.
No mod made our bet official and I backed out as soon as I realized you were the welching cock sucking faggot that has failed to adhere to any bet you lost so get fucked, fucking retards I swear.
Post the bet and proof of its acceptance and I'll tell you if I'll enforce it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I don't follow the NFL, but filming from the sidelines instead of a designated stadium box sounds like pretty tame cheating.

So they used a deflated ball and filmed from the wrong spot, what else you got Hoss to justify the "constant cheating" statement?
I don't see how you need much more than that. If intentionally breaking the rules isn't cheating, then how do you define it?

But I do have one more thing. Look at all these rabid fans and notice that none of them are actually saying the pats don't cheat. They're all doubling down trying to justifying it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It wouldnt surprise me if the NFL is planning minimal fines/penalties/suspensions at this point. But is simply hoping that the additional pressure of allowing this problem to persist until after the super bowl will help the Patriots lose. Thus making a lesser penalty easier to digest.

Even as a Patriots fan, I think the only way that NOTHING happens (penalty wise) is if some the ref crew didnt do their jobs properly, or are thrown under the bus. Although its debatable whether incompetence, or the allowance of tampering is a bigger smear on "the shield". Probably depends significantly on what Roger thinks makes the league look better.
My memory is a little fuzzy. When we had the referee strike, I remember one of the issues was whether refs would continue to be part time, or become full time employees. Who was on each side of that? If the NFL wanted the full time refs (like i think I remember), I could see them using this as leverage

yea god forbid someone isnt frothing at the mouth with hatred for the greatest sports organization the earth has ever seen
Wrong thread, we moved all Cowboys talk to the off season thread.

why, what do you know about professional football teams seasoning their game balls over the course of a weak? what is your experience?
Well, going by bellicheat's initial presser on the subject, he knows at least as much if not more than "The Greatest NFL Coach of all time (*)" BB said very clearly he didn't know jack shit about where the game balls came from, and in 40 years in the league he'd never even considered it.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
My memory is a little fuzzy. When we had the referee strike, I remember one of the issues was whether refs would continue to be part time, or become full time employees. Who was on each side of that? If the NFL wanted the full time refs (like i think I remember), I could see them using this as leverage
Ya NFL wanted refs to be full time. But a guy like Sterratore (sp) does a ton of NCAA hoops and makes legit money and Hoccuhli is a torts lawyer I believe, and he makes crazy money. They didn't want to take the pay cut.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Intentionally breaking the rules is a stupid criteria.

How about intentional Pass Interference? OMG CHEATER! VACATE YOUR TITLE!

There are lots of different degrees to it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't see how you need much more than that. If intentionally breaking the rules isn't cheating, then how do you define it?

But I do have one more thing. Look at all these rabid fans and notice that none of them are actually saying the pats don't cheat. They're all doubling down trying to justifying it.
It's cheating. Is it constant cheating?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Feel free to talk whatever shit you want, there's not a single person who lost a ban bet on RR who isn't banned, and not a single person who welched on a bet on RR who isn't banned.