The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea I don't care what the percentages are, in that spot with the championship on the line, you play to your strength. That strength was Lynch. The play right before the INT you handed it off to him and he took it from the 5 to the 1 with 3 guys on him. If you can't slam it in with him with at the very least 2 tries at it, including a timeout you don't deserve to win. The simple fact of the matter is at that point in the game (before the INT), the Patriots no longer had control of that game. They were at the mercy of Seattle. There is not one Patriot fan that felt good about that situation after the miracle catch and certainly not after Lynch took it to the 1.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
i know, people are saying he's not taking it and allen and carroll already knew/know it.
Yeah, the fact that they made an offfer doesn't mean he's coming back or even that they want him to. They could have made an offer they knew he wouldn't take just so they don't have to put up with people bitching at them all year about letting him go.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Wonder how many Seahawk free agents end up on the Patriots next season, I'm gonna guess 2.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Lynch will wind up on some shit team like Jacksonville or Tennessee making a shit-ton of money and probably never make the playoffs again, which I suspect will be fine with him.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I almost put Oakland instead of Tennessee. Either way, it goes with my theory that he will go someplace that will overpay him just to have a big name on their team and then not care if the team sucks because of it.

In fact Oakland would be perfect. Bringing in a problem-child star player on the downhill side of his career and paying him way too much was like invented by Al Davis.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I think this is it for the Seahawks. They are going to need to throw the bank at Marshawn to keep him, then next year Wilsons rookie contract is up. Wilson is making 800k right now. What happens to the Hawks when he is making 20 million and Lynch is making 10?

Seattle is good because they have a ton of cheap, young talent. Both those conditions are changing.

I think this is it for the Seahawks. They are going to need to throw the bank at Marshawn to keep him, then next year Wilsons rookie contract is up. Wilson is making 800k right now. What happens to the Hawks when he is making 20 million and Lynch is making 10?

Seattle is good because they have a ton of cheap, young talent. Both those conditions are changing.
If they dont retain both then I do agree we see them stumble. they'll either need Russell to prove hes a capable throwing QB or they'll need breakout receivers/good free agents

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't Lynch start on the Bills or something? He'll probably retire after a year of being on a non-competitive team.

I'm curious to see what happens with the Seahawks. If they implode because all of their talent needs to get paid and they have no replacements, it means the Redskins got the right guy in Scot McCloughan. If they manage to remain competitive, it means another decade of dog shit for me.

There's also the scenario where the Seahawks end up mediocre because they bring in "some" talent, but the defense just can't sustain that level of play. And Wilson will never be an above-average QB. If that front office were smart, they'd dump him as soon as possible. He's a good game manage; excellent, in fact...but they're going to need a QB to carry the team soon. Maybe Matt Flynn.

im surprised more people arent bitching about the botch tripping that made the Seahawks punt. regardless seahawks OC was the mvp and deserved to lose after that call
That play and the third and three that kearse dropped are I think the biggest reasons why Seattle lost. Also kearse let himself get manhandled by browner on the last play which prevented the rub off that would have left lockett wide open. kearse did not have a good game to say the least. Barring the obvious miracle catch he made to set them up.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
B83056pCQAAGYoz.jpg

Also RIP Warren Sapp's TV career.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wilson is not worth 20 mil. His passing game consists of tossing it deep and hoping for the flag. He's good now because he can run, but running QBs don't last long unless they are good at reads and accurate passers. He is worth keeping, but you could have Johny Football handing it off to Lynch and still win the division with that D. Spend the money on the D and get another tall wide out off the street. That O did not rack up the points, except against poor competition. Pay Wilson well but don't break the bank on him like he is Brady or Rogers.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

Not to mention Wagner and Sweezy coming off rookie contracts as well. They should still be solid, and I think next year they will still be scary, but I definitely wouldn't call them done by any means.