The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

moontayle

Golden Squire
He made contact before the ball was even there as well, if the flag isn't picked up it's a first down in Dallas territory. How can you even attempt to play that off as not a huge deal?

Also, name me how many times you've seen a penalty called like that, a couple players go bitch about it and then officials go "oh okay, let me go pick that shit up then"? It was ridiculous.
Apparently the Lions guy had a hand in Hitchen's facemask too, so at best it's off-setting penalties. *shrug* Lots of non-calls on the field, I saw Parnell's helmet get pulled off at least once, the non-holding call on Stafford's 1st down run in the 1st quarter. Lots of shit on both sides.

Apparently Suh cried at his presser. Probably thinking about that sweet signing bonus Oakland is going to give him.

sole

Molten Core Raider
I can't get over how pissed people are at the penalty calling. Suh was on the field, that's the biggest penalty that Dallas had to deal with, and they couldn't challenge it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
*shrug* Lots of non-calls on the field
No fucking shit, Sherlock. Plenty of people realize that the NFL is littered with no-calls. Holding happens on almost every single down in the NFL. What has people in such an uproar is the fact that they threw the flag, ANNOUNCED the penalty, then got screamed at/the word from Blandino that the fix was in, and picked it up. I've literally never seen that happen in 20+ years of watching NFL football. I've seen them pick up flags plenty of times, but picking them up AFTER announcing the penalty? Had they just not thrown a flag at all there would've still been plenty of bitching, but I, for one, wouldn't be nearly as upset about it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Cowboys are solid they could beat Green Bay but I don't think its likely at Lambeau.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Packers need to have an emergency stock sale, make sure they raise enough money to buy next week's game.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
J$rry world, with ref/league help just scored. Unbelievable

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No fucking shit, Sherlock. Plenty of people realize that the NFL is littered with no-calls. Holding happens on almost every single down in the NFL. What has people in such an uproar is the fact that they threw the flag, ANNOUNCED the penalty, then got screamed at/the word from Blandino that the fix was in, and picked it up. I've literally never seen that happen in 20+ years of watching NFL football. I've seen them pick up flags plenty of times, but picking them up AFTER announcing the penalty? Had they just not thrown a flag at all there would've still been plenty of bitching, but I, for one, wouldn't be nearly as upset about it.
Tears are so delicious. Please go on.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Apparently the Lions guy had a hand in Hitchen's facemask too, so at best it's off-setting penalties. *shrug* Lots of non-calls on the field, I saw Parnell's helmet get pulled off at least once, the non-holding call on Stafford's 1st down run in the 1st quarter. Lots of shit on both sides.

Apparently Suh cried at his presser. Probably thinking about that sweet signing bonus Oakland is going to give him.
Where was the flag and 15 yard penalty for Dez running out onto the field with no helmet?

sole

Molten Core Raider
Suh intentionally hurts other players, gets called out on it, team says "we need him!" Appeal granted. PI call on Cowboys? We paid them off. Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Kickoff temp in den is gonna be mid 20s and falling. I am betting indy there to atleast cover and I wouldnt be shocked if they win outright. Bal should cover against NE but I think it would be a let down for NE to actually lose with a team that is far better in most aspects to the teams that BAL beat a few years ago. I am kinda undecided on the NFC games. SEA is head and shoulders better than CAR but I could see CAR covering if SEA looks at the game and sees that they are way better and has a bit of a first half letdown before winning in the second but not hitting that huge 12pt spread. And GB DAL i just dont know. My heart tells me DAL wins outright because I really think GB is over-hyped.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Suh intentionally hurts other players, gets called out on it, team says "we need him!" Appeal granted. PI call on Cowboys? We paid them off. Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
Except Suh was clean all year and even famed Suh hater, Mike Pereira sided with Suh being clean on the Rodgers incident.

Now what?

sole

Molten Core Raider
Allow me an analogy. The NFL called Suh out for foul play, threw the flag, what have you. They renounced it (appeal) and Suh could play. Same goes for refs that threw a flag on PI. NFL par for the course.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Except Suh was clean all year and even famed Suh hater, Mike Pereira sided with Suh being clean on the Rodgers incident.

Now what?
Time to dig into Pereira's bank accounts then and see if he's getting any "donations" from 48101.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Allow me an analogy. The NFL called Suh out for foul play, threw the flag, what have you. They renounced it (appeal) and Suh could play. Same goes for refs that threw a flag on PI. NFL par for the course.
Your false equivalence is fucking horrible. You need to go back to lurking, instead of showing up in the NFL thread when your team makes/does well in the playoffs.

Carolina hung with Seattle earlier in the season, but that was a home game and Carolina's defense is much better at home. In Seattle, Cam is going to get obliterated behind that terrible oline.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
In one example the NFL is given a chance to look at it again, and hear from the players involved.

The other situation has none of that.

In conclusion, you smoke rocks.