The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

moontayle

Golden Squire
I wanted to pick Ravens just to be edgy, but I cannot imagine the Ravens moving the ball with Revis taking away Smith.
I don't know. I think the Ravens are capable of beating NE and if I had to pick one game that would be an absolute toss-up, it would be that one.

Dallas (homer pick)
Ravens (because I really just want Boston fans to suffer tremendously)
Seattle (because I don't see them losing to what is really a mediocre team)
Colts (because it's time to pass the torch)

Yeah, that's 3 away teams. I'm edgy.

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
It looks like the NFL succeeded in one goal - to get people to talk about football during down times between games.

Let's reverse it and Detroit won. How much discussion would be raging that Donkey Kong was suspended for one game but the same judge (??? - not sure) that said "No!" said "Yes!" and denied ~America's Team~ further glory? Especially if something like Suh sacking Romo on a potential game winning drive ended the game?

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I'd lose my balance and not be able to turn my head around also if a receiver was pulling on my facemask. Where was the flag for this?

g1th0.gif

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If they need to make shit calls to force people to talk about playoff games the day after they're played the sport is in a worse spot than needing to fix calls

I'd lose my balance and not be able to turn my head around also if a receiver was pulling on my facemask. Where was the flag for this?

g1th0.gif
absolutely agree, everyone does. its not what penalty, against which team, in which game... its you cant throw down a flag, announce it then change the call

why? because it is perceived to be sketchy as fuck

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Let's reverse it and Detroit won. How much discussion would be raging that Donkey Kong was suspended for one game
To be fair everyone agreed as soon as that decision got overturned that it was bullshit. We just have the attention span of gnats and have moved on to something else trivial to get all worked up over. It's what we do as sports fans, it's just more pronounced right here this time because we have so many Dallas fans to argue against it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
To be fair, none of us would be posting if Azeth and Kirun weren't being giant faggots about a non-call with 8 minutes left in the game. But my first post in this thread predicted this thread perfectly:
Right, it'sourfault that you can't control yourself from being a colossal dipshit.

Carolina is going to get fucking destroyed by Seattle. Carolina has a horrible OLine and Seattle's defensive front is going to crush Cam. Nothing would please me more than seeing Seattle lose at home to a shithouse like the Panthers, but there's no way that happens.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>

g1th0.gif
They missed that call, fans with a football IQ are not arguing this. It's you retards arguing the PI call, there was pass interference, it was called, it was announced, and then it was picked up after the side judge on the Cowboys sideline ran in and asked the back judge to pick it up.

im literally belly laughing

you cant be for real

i dont know if you happened to catch the regular season, but the NFC really sucks. The only things the contenders have going for them is Rodgers is the QB of the packers and the Seahawks are on a hot streak.
Barring any given Sunday the pats have no good shot at beating Seattle or green bay. The cowboys would be their best matchup but even then I give the edge to Dallas. Pats probably won't beat Baltimore anyway so the whole topic is moot.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Right, it'sourfault that you can't control yourself from being a colossal dipshit.

Carolina is going to get fucking destroyed by Seattle. Carolina has a horrible OLine and Seattle's defensive front is going to crush Cam. Nothing would please me more than seeing Seattle lose at home to a shithouse like the Panthers, but there's no way that happens.
As much as I hate agreeing with a Niners fan I have to. Carolina isn't beating the Seahawks at home in the playoffs. They can't even beat us when we play them in Carolina the last 3 years, you think they are going on the road in the playoffs to beat us?

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Barring any given Sunday the pats have no good shot at beating Seattle or green bay. The cowboys would be their best matchup but even then I give the edge to Dallas. Pats probably won't beat Baltimore anyway so the whole topic is moot.
"No good shot"
Had good shot 7 weeks ago.

Bares logic

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It's not like Cam instilled any confidence over the weekend either. I'd be surprised if it was even close - think Seattle wins by 17+. Would love to be wrong though - As for Dallas GB, I think Dallas has a shot. GB is a better team, but there is something about a team getting hot/confident/breaks etc that can't be understated. Itlan's boy Eli is a perfect example of that.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like a good noncall then after talking it over with the ref who could see the play the best. No reason to be upset and call people names because you hate America's team.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd love to see the Panthers win because fuck the Seahawks. But realistically, I think there is a good chance Cam Newton won't be leaving that stadium under his own power.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like a good noncall then after talking it over with the ref who could see the play the best. No reason to be upset and call people names because you hate America's team.
Pretty much the only people thinking it was a good noncall are Cowboys fans and the trolls. Pick your side.

Ravens
Packers
Broncos
Seahawks

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I'd love to see the Panthers win because fuck the Seahawks. But realistically, I think there is a good chance Cam Newton won't be leaving that stadium under his own power.
It's also possible they only score 13 points against Carolina, even against Seattle Defense that isn't asking too much.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
It's also possible they only score 13 points against Carolina, even against Seattle Defense that isn't asking too much.
For the Panthers it is. They have Cam and 1 TE as a weapon on offense that's it. This will probably be a close game because both defenses are good, but Seattle wins if for no other reason than we are at home.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
For the Panthers it is. They have Cam and 1 TE as a weapon on offense that's it. This will probably be a close game because both defenses are good, but Seattle wins if for no other reason than we are at home.
Maybe you should do more research and come back when you are prepared.