The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I like how the real winner of the call was Seattle - they get a pre-season warmup with Carolina before dealing with the scraps of whomever survives the Cowboys-Packers bludgeoning.

Hell, I'm already tired of the "Does Seattle's second championship mean the Brady-Manning/Pocket QB/AFC as real contenders/etc. era is over" articles - and they won't even be written for another month!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It means you can take back your statement about who is to blame for the shit posting and correct the call, Dallas fans will understand.
I made no statement about anyone being to blame aside from Kaines as an individual, he's fucking awful. Like Azeth and Cathan made a lovechild and then gave it enough brain damage to be a Cowboys fan.

Don't project.

I like how the real winner of the call was Seattle - they get a pre-season warmup with Carolina before dealing with the scraps of whomever survives the Cowboys-Packers bludgeoning.

Hell, I'm already tired of the "Does Seattle's second championship mean the Brady-Manning/Pocket QB/AFC as real contenders/etc. era is over" articles - and they won't even be written for another month!
holy fucking shit insightful playoff talk

get me a goddamn asprin

Panthers @ Seattle is not a gimme. There's nothing wrong with the Panthers other than consistency, which clearly is a big deal in the long run. In the short term however? Carolina ranks near the middle in overall defense and offense.

the Panthers aren't inept. This could be a good one.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Sports talking heads can't get enough Cowboys drama. They've been mired in mediocrity for going on two decades now and yet... here we are.

If that PI bullshit wasnt at 9 minutes in the game, and at like the 2 minute warning?

oh my god this would be so shitty

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All season we had the usual Burnem, Ambi, Foggy, Column, and Moon Dallas talk with a small side of Springbok. Once it looked like they were legitimately good we suddenly got their new superfan who dragged down the entire fanbase, kaines. Now that they've actually won a playoff game we have every one of them doubling down on posting plus Hoss the professional D lineman all up ons this shit with his mad relevant personal NFL playing experience.

Glorious.
To be fair, none of us would be posting if Azeth and Kirun weren't being giant faggots about a non-call with 8 minutes left in the game. But my first post in this thread predicted this thread perfectly:
COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS COWBOYS

Ok, I'm ready.

edit: Ariz, Dallas, Cinci, Pitt
(A solid 1-3 effort from me in the first round. Killin' it.)

@Azeth, punting on 4th and 1 was definitely the wrong move.
The furor over the flag masks an impressive Dallas comeback and a frustratingly conservative game plan from Jim Caldwell, who was outcoached by Jason Garrett. Caldwell followed the Pettigrew flash point by lining up to go for it on fourth-and-1 from the Dallas 46-yard line solely in an attempt to force a Cowboys penalty. Stafford instead took a delay of game when the Cowboys didn't jump, only for Sam Martin to deliver the worst shank in a weekend of truly awful punting. His 10-yard boot meant the Lions picked up only 5 yards of field position by taking the penalty and punting, a decision that would have been shortsighted and overly conservative even with a good punt.

Garrett, meanwhile, helped turn things around for the Cowboys with a pair of aggressive decisions. He likely would have been scolded by the take-the-points crowd had the Cowboys come up short on fourth-and-goal from the 1-yard line in the third quarter, but his decision to trust the league's best running game against its most impressive run defense paid off when DeMarco Murray ran off-tackle for a touchdown. Then, on the game-winning drive, Garrett resisted the urge to punt on fourth-and-6 in no-man's-land on the Detroit 42-yard line, with Romo promptly finding Jason Witten on an option route for 21 yards, which Witten later said was the biggest catch of his career. Both decisions were correct on paper,2 and Garrett got positive outcomes both times.

Wild-Card Wrap-up: A Flag on the Play

To be fair, none of us would be posting if Azeth and Kirun weren't being giant faggots abouta non-callwith 8 minutes left in the game.
see, thats the funny part. it was called

Also, Foggy I read your entire post. Not just picking that out and ignoring the rest. I appreciate it

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't think Carolina's offense stands a chance in Seattle. It's going to be a classic defensive game. 16-10 Seahawks.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Carolina was riddled with injuries earlier in the year and Cam is playing much better. I think it'll be a fun game to watch. I don't think they have the overall talent level to hang with Seattle but its still any given Sunday.

Oh yeah and don't forget the 12th man. Fuck knows the media won't let you.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Carolina looks a lot better since their last matchup and i think Seattle just looks better because of a soft schedule.

Of course it really wouldn't surprise me if Seattle turns it on and just blows them out

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I do like that there's actually one team from each division in the divisional round this year (or does it happen more often than I realize?)

i love the carolina pick. i was playing it cool but i really think thats the upset of the weekend

Packers
Patriots
Panthers
Colts

Colts -> Patriots

Panthers -> Packers

Patriots v. Packers

No idea. Also, not picking the Colts only out of Brady bias over Manning, but the Broncos really look like hell. Their D might be their best asset

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you went with Broncos but called them the Peytons you could go with the 4P prediction

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wanted to pick Ravens just to be edgy, but I cannot imagine the Ravens moving the ball with Revis taking away Smith.