The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Steelers sign Ben Tate. Wonder if that means they really don't expect Bell to be ok for the game.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
How the fuck does Suh win that appeal when Raiola was just suspended for the last game for doing the same thing?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
How the fuck does Suh win that appeal when Raiola was just suspended for the last game for doing the same thing?
It's all about the star factor and ratings, if this wasn't a playoff game it wouldn't even had been considered outside of the formality of going through the motions. Those are the breaks as a fan of the opposing team and I certainly won't whine about it and it will make it sweeter when the Lions won't have an excuse when Dallas kicks their ass.

All that being said the very next time this happens on the Lions they need to have a 1st round draft pick removed, as an organization they have failed to stop this from happening way to many fucking times and its bullshit that nothing is being done about it. It has happened repeatedly under different coach regimes which means the players are this way and the coaches don't care because the general manager and owner don't care, if they cared it would have stopped by now and the only way to make them care is to start taking draft picks.

Fadaar

That guy
Felipe tore it up! Chargers should've never gotten rid of Jackson.
Even with the terrible Bucs he's been able to put up fantastic numbers every year. Only two touchdowns this year but still broke 1000 yards. Mike Evans had 12 touchdowns so he kinda hogged them all.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Steelers sign Ben Tate. Wonder if that means they really don't expect Bell to be ok for the game.
Hopefully it's just a precaution, plus they realize Dri Archer and Josh Harris is not a great back up set. As soon as Tate was cut there were tons of rumors the Steelers would be signing him.

Either way, FUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well it wasn't the same thing. I have no doubt that he stepped on Rodgers on purpose, but there's a pretty big difference between standing on someone with all your weight on one foot, and hopping up and stomping down on them.

moontayle

Golden Squire
It's sounding more and more like pretty much no one thought he should play this week and that the only reason Cottrell didn't uphold the suspension is because of a technicality in the CBA that basically gives guys a clean slate after 32 games without an incident (his last one was pretty much exactly 32 games ago from what I've heard). Hell, even he sounded convinced that it was done on purpose and only rescinded the suspension because he and the Lions cried like babies.

What a shit show of a league. Their priorities are so fucked up. Need only look at this:

Rob Phillips @robphillips3
Marshawn gets docked 100K for dodging the media. Suh loses 70K. #yeah #thanksforasking

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's sounding more and more like pretty much no one thought he should play this week and that the only reason Cottrell didn't uphold the suspension is because of a technicality in the CBA that basically gives guys a clean slate after 32 games without an incident (his last one was pretty much exactly 32 games ago from what I've heard). Hell, even he sounded convinced that it was done on purpose and only rescinded the suspension because he and the Lions cried like babies.

What a shit show of a league. Their priorities are so fucked up. Need only look at this:
Arent the fines based on their salaries?

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lynch got docked $50k, the other 50 was from fines in 2013 that were suspended.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The reason Rodgers is going to get the MVP, if he does, is because the only people with less picks than he had all year are guys who played 2-4 games total. Also, the pick title is unfair since Cutler took a game off. If he had played all 16 he would have had it sewn up over Rivers.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
The reason Rodgers is going to get the MVP, if he does, is because the only people with less picks than he had all year are guys who played 2-4 games total. Also, the pick title is unfair since Cutler took a game off. If he had played all 16 he would have had it sewn up over Rivers.
In fairness Cutler hasn't played 16 games this decade.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I really like the cowboys chances vs lions. We have shown we can contain suh in the past, even when our offensive line was pretty shit. I also think you'll see the darkies really start to shine on the cowboys. With murray on a contract year and the scent of close to 100 million in his nose... I've come here to say he's not that great repeatedly, but this is the point where Running backs pull out the full retard power overdrive. I think him and dez are both gonna go super beast mode and fully assure that they get locked into some of the worst contracts in NFL history.