The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I live in Wisconsin.

I don't think we have much of a shot. Even if Wroggers wasn't gimpy, I don't trust the rookie TE/C/WR3 to perform well with that crowd noise. GB simply hasn't done well against competent defenses this year, and Seattle is a bit more than competent.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
When everybody knows what's going to happen, a lot of times it doesn't happen. This weekend was fantastic. I watched all 4 games and they were all good. Hopefully next Sunday won't be two blowouts but I don't really think that they will.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I would love to see Green Bay beat Seattle, but it just doesn't seem very likely. That Seattle defense won't let Rodgers get comfortable, and I think by the 4th quarter it will be ugly

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I kind of want Luck to go through Manning, then Brady, then Rodgers and win the Super Bowl with Boom Herron and the other guy whose name I don't know(and I know like 52 of the 53 guys on my team's roster off the top of my head) just to see how big a media-gasm the people who cover the NFL can have. I don't think that would be toppable, ever.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I would love to see Green Bay vs. Indy just because Rodgers and Luck are my two favorite quarterbacks to watch. I wouldn't bet on it, but I would like to see it.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
As one of the few Broncos fans on this board, I would like to say how sad I am right now. That game was just... painful to watch. Colts were the better team, sadly
frown.png
And I kinda hope Peyton does retire. I have no idea why they felt the need to throw the damn ball so much, when the running game was as strong as it was. Not that many of you care since I don't post too much in any of the NFL threads, but I do follow what everyone here posts.

Bah. At least it wasn't like the damn Super Bowl again...

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
BTW, I supported both of Luck's interceptions. If it's 3rd and long and nobody is open there's no reason not to throw a 60 yard jump ball. Worse case it's as good as a punt with almost no chance of a return and with a little luck maybe your guy comes down with it and it's a huge play. Bad for the QB's stats but aside from that there's really no downside to it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Especially safe since #12 gets the tackle on 1/2 his INT's. He watches it through the air and if it goes near a defender and he's still standing, he's going for the TD saving tackle. He's a real goddman man.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
yolo?

I dunno. I splurged for Cardinals World Series Game 7 in 2011 and in no way on Earth do I regret it.
I went to the Pats/Giants Super Bowl in 2011, and spent way too much for tickets, and even though they lost, I don't regret it at all. I will be doing the same for Arizona this year if the Pats go.

I think this is Brady's year. He has kind of stunk in the playoffs lately, and I think he's back and playing like he's capable of when it most matters.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Most do not have an answer to Gronk. The seahawks have an answer to Gronk. Also, was it just me or did Gronk look skiddish yesterday?

radditsu

Who's the answer? I know you don't mean their 6'3 230 lb strong safety on Gronk, I KNOW you don't mean that.
Their secondary is on so much steroids and adderall they can outrun a cheetah and out bench a silverback gorrilla.. Good luck!

Phalanx

Week one means jack shit. GB is leaps and bounds better now than they were in week 1 where they had one of the worst D's in the NFL. By your logic, GB would beat NE hands down in a Superbowl against them because they beat NE earlier this year. Yes GB is at a disadvantage because of Rodgers injury, but they also just beat Dallas and Detroit with Rodgers injury. And GB has always played better and harder in "underdog" situations. GB's downfall is usually overconfidence in games like Bucs. There are 4 teams left and all 4 stand pretty solid chances at this point, and to discount (double-check) GB would be idiotic at this point. I do hope that Seattle underestimates GB though.

I predict NE-GB XLIX. Sure as shit hope it's not Seattle/NE though as I couldn't think of a gayer/more boring game where I hate both teams equally. At that point I'd probably only watch to hopefully see Brady, Belichick, Sherman, and Russell all kill each other and Gronk t-bag their bodies Halo style.
That's not exactly the logic I was going for, but if we're going to play that game Seattle is also better than they were earlier in the year as well. The general point I was going for was that I don't think GB is improved enough to win the game. In fact, with their QB much less than 100%, they're arguably in worse shape. I'm not sure how anyone of sound mind can think Green Bay is going to win in Seattle.

But, that's why they play the game I suppose.

I'm not sure how anyone of sound mind can think Green Bay is going to win in Seattle.
if you do not believe Rodgers can win this game, then he is not an HoF/elite QB. This is what defines elite - you are elite if people think you have a chance to go in and beat Seattle in the playoffs.

Rodgers is the best QB in the league, by an enormous margin. They can win this game if he plays perfect, and probably if he plays good to great.

Seventh

Golden Squire
I kind of want Luck to go through Manning, then Brady, then Rodgers and win the Super Bowl with Boom Herron and the other guy whose name I don't know(and I know like 52 of the 53 guys on my team's roster off the top of my head) just to see how big a media-gasm the people who cover the NFL can have. I don't think that would be toppable, ever.
i'm a Pats fan and I wouldn't even be mad at this. Luck is awesome, very easy dude to root for.

Granted I hope he throws 15 picks next week, but if he doesn't, I'll definitely be on the Colts bandwagon.

Phalanx

if you do not believe Rodgers can win this game, then he is not an HoF/elite QB. This is what defines elite - you are elite if people think you have a chance to go in and beat Seattle in the playoffs.

Rodgers is the best QB in the league, by an enormous margin. They can win this game if he plays perfect, and probably if he plays good to great.
I don't think a mobility-impaired Rodgers can win this game with Seattle's home advantage and their defense. I hardly think the hyperbole around him being elite is warranted, he does have a Super Bowl ring and an MVP (in a season in which he carried the team -- they had no D). Not to mention that unless he retires at the end of the season, he'll have plenty of time to add to his resume. No one in their right mind would label him as a fraud if GB loses this game, but he did open himself up to criticism when clearly avoided Sherman in the first game. He can't do that this time.

In addition to Rodgers playing well, they'll need to stop the underrated Seattle offense which is playing well as of late and establish a running game.

Anything can certainly happen, but it's tough to see Seattle losing.